• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

24 minutes ago, thecampster said:

B) a female boss, male subordinate. 

This actually happened to me about 25 years ago. I worked in a bank (let’s call it Well Fargo) I had a boss, let’s call her Lori (groupie rich SF lady in her early 30’s. I was about 20 or so. Whenever the bank would close at 6 we would have to close up shop together and usually another employee was there as well. She was a flirt, but man oh man was she hot 🥵

She actually dated a bunch of football players and at the time she was going out with Marquez Pope of the Niners and he would come over to the bank and pick her up after we “balanced our drawers”…. Well she’d usually come over and check our work and do a lil extra curricular “checking” if you will.

I was still a horny teenager so I didn’t tell anyone, if fact it may have been some of the fondest memories. Poor Marquez though, Lori was gettin a lil Spud butt on the side. :dance:

I wouldn’t call that an office relationship but I still think about her from time to time. Guessing she settled down with some hedge fund dude after she circled the Niners and Raiders.

I kid you not though, H O T 🥵 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Apparently it wasn't really a secret in the front office it was going on. And when asked point blank about it he admitted to it. She was a subordinate staff member. I have to be honest in that while I never condone cheating I also think it is just wrong to fire consenting adults for having a consenting sexual relationship. If he had pressured her to have sex that's clearly a different matter. But that's not what happened.

I get that it isn't professional but I don't like the government or corporations getting involved in any adult's consenting sexual relationships. 

I will say, the issue isn't an intrusion on consenting adults.  It's the company needing to save itself from litigation if issues arise between them.  Chances are pretty strong that, if a breakup gets messy, the company suffers in some way.  Usually legally.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This actually happened to me about 25 years ago. I worked in a bank (let’s call it Well Fargo) I had a boss, let’s call her Lori (groupie rich SF lady in her early 30’s. I was about 20 or so. Whenever the bank would close at 6 we would have to close up shop together and usually another employee was there as well. She was a flirt, but man oh man was she hot 🥵

She actually dated a bunch of football players and at the time she was going out with Marquez Pope of the Niners and he would come over to the bank and pick her up after we “balanced our drawers”…. Well she’d usually come over and check our work and do a lil extra curricular “checking” if you will.

I was still a horny teenager so I didn’t tell anyone, if fact it may have been some of the fondest memories. Poor Marquez though, Lori was gettin a lil Spud butt on the side. :dance:

I wouldn’t call that an office relationship but I still think about her from time to time. Guessing she settled down with some hedge fund dude after she circled the Niners and Raiders.

I kid you not though, H O T 🥵 

Stop being modest, spud.  We know you made several 'deposits' in that branch. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I will say, the issue isn't an intrusion on consenting adults.  It's the company needing to save itself from litigation if issues arise between them.  Chances are pretty strong that, if a breakup gets messy, the company suffers in some way.  Usually legally.

That's just semantics. That's the company doing CYA but the net effect is in fact imposing artificial restrictions on what consenting adults can do. I don't want the government or any private company interfering with people's lives on such a personal matter. 

Just now, Sothron said:

That's just semantics. That's the company doing CYA but the net effect is in fact imposing artificial restrictions on what consenting adults can do. I don't want the government or any private company interfering with people's lives on such a personal matter. 

I dont either. 

But, if I'm running a company, I'm not allowing that stuff to go on.  That's just signing up for a lawsuit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I mean I see your point from a personal standpoint, but if you were a business owner and had two consenting adults dating and end up breaking up badly and then one claimed the other used their position of power to seduce the other into a relationship, you'd think differently after that $1,000,000 settlement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Now you are much more versed in this than any of us but I'm reading some bias in your speech there (not a critical statement).  Would you say that's informed bias or societal bias coming out? Would you see it 100% the same way if it was either A) a same sex case of 2 consenting adults B) a female boss, male subordinate.  Again, not trying to say anything but curious about your opinion on this related to something not board related.

It doesn't matter to me if it is two employees of the same sex, a female boss or a male boss.  Entering into a romantic relationship with a subordinate employees raises all kinds of legal risk for the company and is a very bad practice for morale purposes.  Legal risks are so easy to see.  If someone makes pay, promotion, desicisions on assignments (in the case the Dallas example who gets to take the trip to California with the boss, the male accountant subordinate or the female accountant subordinate that the boss is sleeping with?), etc. then every decision can be scrutinized for whether and how the relationship played a factor.  It opens a can of worms for the Company.

Outside of legal risk, just as a very basic example of morale issues that come with this, if there is a promotion opportunity for the company's 4 accountants or maybe it is a broader group of finance employees that would be considered.  Either way, what is the reaction if the boss's significant other gets the promotion?  Very high risk that the other employees are going to feel there was favoritism based on the sexual relationship.  In an ideal world, they just resent the fact that the boss's lover got the bigger raise or better assignment or is allowed to be a subpar performer, etc.

On the legal side, the risk isn't just conflict between the boss and subordinate.  There is a significant risk to see a claim from any one of the subordinate's peers (female alleges she didn't get the job because she didn't sleep with the boss and it was therefore conditioned on sexual favors; male alleges he didn't get the job because he is a man; other subordinate alleges they were written up for something the boss's lover does but gets ignored because that person is the boss's lover; etc.).

There is just very significant risks for the business to end up getting sued and good reasons if you want a professional culture to not allow a boss with control over the terms and conditions of employment of a subordinate to enter into a workplace relationship.

If you as a business owner are going to let a manager with with control over the terms and conditions of a subordinate's employment date that subordinate, at a bare minimum you should have the two dating employees sign someone setting ground rules for workplace conduct and releasing the company from liability.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I was told that if you selected Trae Young over Luka it would get you fired. 

Looks like the entire Mavs organization is a mess after selecting Luka.  Some of the blame can go to Luka and his reported attitude and playing style, but most is just incompetence all around.

Can't spell dysfunction without m-a-v-s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

I mean I see your point from a personal standpoint, but if you were a business owner and had two consenting adults dating and end up breaking up badly and then one claimed the other used their position of power to seduce the other into a relationship, you'd think differently after that $1,000,000 settlement. 

And can you imagine knowing two of your co-workers are MARRIED but are knockin' each other down at work?

Co-workers undoubtedly know at least one of the spouses.  Imagine coming to work with that non-secret hanging over your head.

It's not good for business no matter how "free" they are to do whatever they please as consenting adults.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, marco102 said:

I was told that if you selected Trae Young over Luka it would get you fired. 

Looks like the entire Mavs organization is a mess after selecting Luka.  Some of the blame can go to Luka and his reported attitude and playing style, but most is just incompetence all around.

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Stop being modest, spud.  We know you made several 'deposits' in that branch. 

Oh man we had fun. Our boss was a dude in his early 30’s at the time and hired my friend and I not 20 yet.  Big mistake. :laugh1: Imagine like Friday after next scenario at the bank 🏦

• Haha 2

Oh man, @Spud2nique, Isola talked the David Griffin piano story today.  Epic

Played like a 6 minute piano solo.

"Here's David Griffin in that hotel room ..."

"Oh what a talent, Dave is .."

Went on like that the whole time.  And what do they do for an encore?  Cue up Biz Markie..

"Here's Dave with the big finish ....

Oh baby you.... you got what I neee-eeed ... butchu say he's just a friend ...

😄

I was dyin.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh man, @Spud2nique, Isola talked the David Griffin piano story today.  Epic

Played like a 6 minute piano solo.

"Here's David Griffin in that hotel room ..."

"Oh what a talent, Dave is .."

Went on like that the whole time.  And what do they do for an encore?  Cue up Biz Markie..

"Here's Dave with the big finish ....

Oh baby you.... you got what I neee-eeed ... butchu say he's just a friend ...

😄

I was dyin.

:laugh1: dayaaammmm I missed it. I miss Isola a lot. I have to mainly listen at the time slot of Kam and Antonio or Mahorn lately.

:laugh1: OHHHHHH BAYYYYBBBBEEEE UUUUU..

Isola is more humerous when he first started out. I mean I guess he was trying to make it but he’s pretty chill on the radio. Plus he’s our twin for basketball 🏀 philosophy for the most part. 

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyrie-irving-reportedly-unvaccinated-could-212035968.html

This might play a role in the season.  Irving, Wiggins and a number of big names still aren't vaccinated (how?). This could have an impact on team win totals, morale, cohesion. In what I believe will be one of the closer, more parity driven years in league history, a few games could be the difference between the 8th and 5th seeds, 5th and 2nd.  I'm interested to how this plays out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyrie-irving-reportedly-unvaccinated-could-212035968.html

This might play a role in the season.  Irving, Wiggins and a number of big names still aren't vaccinated (how?). This could have an impact on team win totals, morale, cohesion. In what I believe will be one of the closer, more parity driven years in league history, a few games could be the difference between the 8th and 5th seeds, 5th and 2nd.  I'm interested to how this plays out.

We can't possibly have a moment of more selfish hubris than we did with Rudy Gobert walking around touching the microphones can we?  I sure hope not.  That 90%+ number is encouraging.  

• Like 3