• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

KEEPERS !!

Gray Mule

Put on your Atlanta Hawk GM hat.

Now, examine the current roster.  Knowing that we wish to keep Collins if we can agree on a reasonable contract and knowing that we will probably add this summer's draft pick, who stays?  Remember, with all that went on last season, we were allowed to keep our two players on 2 way contracts.  G League should be back in business this upcoming season.  

Who stays?  Who goes?  How do they go?  Trade?  Release?  

😃

• Like 3

I’m gonna run it back again as well.

Staying: Trae/Huerter/Bogi/Cam/Hunter/Collins/Capela/Okongwu/Dunn (1 year opt in), Mays.

Going: Bruno, Goodwin, Knight, Lou (retired?) Snell (contracts are up on most of these guys I believe so we let them walk).

On the fence: Solo (everyone is saying he is our locker room glue so I guess try and keep him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

In the absence of some "can't pass" offer, I'm bringing back all our key players.  The only guys who I would be combing potential options are:  our draft pick could be traded for a more ready contributor, Lou, Solo, Snell, Goodwin, and Bruno could be replaced or traded for upgrades.

Our top rotation is almost entirely in the "keeper" group for me for next year:

Trae

Bogi / Huerter (/Cam)

Hunter / Cam (/Huerter)

Collins / Gallo

Capela / OO

Mays and Knight are both replaceable but I'm interested in seeing them come back and if they can develop into rotation players.

Smidge of clarity here: The bolded are no longer under contract and therefore cannot be traded minus some idiotic sign and trade scenario. I know you know this, I just don't want some enthusiastic alcoholic newbie to run with the idea.

• Like 2

PG - - Trae and - - - Lou Williams - Bring him back.  Kris Dunn - Brandon Goodwin - Skylar Mays.  Hawks are rich right now.  All these players who can do the PG stuff and we have pick #20 that maybe will turn into another PG.  I'm happy that I will not be making all these decisions.

👨‍🌾

• Like 1

We've read some wild trade ideas for next season's Hawk team.  Somehow these fans must believe that Atlanta should be pleased to swap two or three of our starters + draft picks for their one great, all star player.  Why?  Did he lead their team to the finals?  Nope.  

Hawks may indeed do a swap of two for one.  If they do, it will not be our core players.  Hawks have some pretty good NBA players who we can't keep because of limited roster room.  Remember, we had a full roster + two players on two way contracts.  Add this summers 2 draft picks and we see, too many players.

Who will we keep?  Who will be this season's two way players?  

:smug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Who will be this season's two way players?  

Gramps you are always on top of this, since we found Goodwin and he did so well. Great call on that one, I honestly believe Godwin’s play sparked some energy in our team during this past season. 

• Like 2

Currently under contract for 2021 - 22 . . ( 9 )

• Trae
  • Hunter
  • Bogi
  • Huerter
  • Cam
  • Okongwu
  • Gallo
  • Bruno
  • Capela
  • 1st rd pick #20

Dunn has a player option ( that he probably won't use )

So that's 11 players under contract . . 4 more slots, unless the NBA keeps the expanded roster at 17 

Free agents

• Re-sign Collins:  5 yrs / 140 mill ( 28 mill per year ) . . player option year 4
  • Re-sign Williams:  1 yr / 5 mill
  • Re-sign Goodwin:  1 yr/2 mill
  • 2-way contract Knight
  • Cut Snell
  • Cut Solo
  • Cut Goodwin
  • Cut Mays

AutoHawks . . . Roll out

Autobots Roll Out GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Snell and Solo are free agents.  I wouldn't cut Mays

I think they're going to use the 1st round pick on a wing.  If that's the case, they'll probably have him go back and forth to the G-League.

19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Currently under contract for 2021 - 22 . . ( 9 + 1st draft pick = 10 )

• Trae
  • Hunter
  • Bogi
  • Huerter
  • Cam
  • Okongwu
  • Gallo
  • Bruno
  • Capela
  • 1st rd pick #20

Dunn has a player option ( that he probably won't use )

So that's 11 players under contract . . 4 more slots, unless the NBA keeps the expanded roster at 17 

My bad again . . lol. 

I've been on the TJ McConnell bandwagon like most, so there is no room for both Williams and Goodwin.  Seeing what I saw in the playoffs, I'm opting to go with Defense and playmaking behind Trae at PG. And give me the scoring PG in Lou, if I need that offensive pop.

Free agents

• Re-sign Collins:  5 yrs / 140 mill ( 28 mill per year ) . . player option year 4
  • Sign TJ McConnell:  
  • Re-sign Lemon Pepper Lou: 
  • 2-way contract Knight
  • Thank you for your services - Snell
  • Thank you for your services - Solo
  • Thank you for your services -  Mays
  • Thank you for your services - Goodwin

Pin on Various gifs

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think they're going to use the 1st round pick on a wing.  If that's the case, they'll probably have him go back and forth to the G-League.

My bad again . . lol. 

I've been on the TJ McConnell bandwagon like most, so there is no room for both Williams and Goodwin.  Seeing what I saw in the playoffs, I'm opting to go with Defense and playmaking behind Trae at PG. And give me the scoring PG in Lou, if I need that offensive pop.

Free agents

• Sign TJ McConnell:  
  • Re-sign Lemon Pepper Lou: 

Why would you need Williams and McConnell?

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why would you need Williams and McConnell?

In case of injury.  And it's nice to have a mix of players that can do different things at different times.  Lou can score in bunches if you possibly need to get back into a game.  TJ is not a shooter, but can play defense and run a team.  This would be key if we had a lead, and wanted to hold our ground.

I like Mays, but I don't know where he could fit in with this team in the rotation.   He's not a PG, and he hasn't shown that his shooting translates over to the NBA level . . yet.  I'm not against bringing him back.  But if I can get both TJ and Lou on next year's team, there's no need for a developmental talent like Mays.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

In case of injury.  And it's nice to have a mix of players that can do different things at different times.  Lou can score in bunches if you possibly need to get back into a game.  TJ is not a shooter, but can play defense and run a team.  This would be key if we had a lead, and wanted to hold our ground.

I like Mays, but I don't know where he could fit in with this team in the rotation.   He's not a PG, and he hasn't shown that his shooting translates over to the NBA level . . yet.  I'm not against bringing him back.  But if I can get both TJ and Lou on next year's team, there's no need for a developmental talent like Mays.

So Lou doesn't play unless McConnell is hurt?  Aren't you going to struggle to find enough time for McConnell?

The path looking forward is different now.  We're not preparing for the future any more.  We're literally in a CHAMPIONSHP WINDOW type of mindset.

Our path is not similar to Golden State.  I would say that it's similar to 2010 Oklahoma City, with the exception that our group overachieved in our 1st playoff appearance.  It took that OKC group with Durant, Westbrook, Harden ( who was a 6th man ), and Serge Ibaka 3 seasons to reach the NBA Finals.   They also had Jeff Green.

Along the way though, they traded Green for Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson.  Perk was the big center that they felt they needed to win a chip, and his defensive presence in the middle did help them reach the Finals.

Next year, we're going to be at the point where, if we don't reach the Finals, we'll be looking to trade a key core piece, for someone that will get us over the hump.

And 2 years from now, a team will probably throw too much money at Cam or Hunter, to make us blink to re-sign them both.  Not saying that we won't, but it's a possibility that some team will overpay.  That will be the cost of doing business.  But it is a necessary growing pain, if you REALLY want to win a championship.

22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So Lou doesn't play unless McConnell is hurt?  Aren't you going to struggle to find enough time for McConnell?

PG - Trae ( 32 ) - McConnell ( 16 )

G - Bogi ( 28 ) - Huerter ( 20 )

F - Hunter ( 28 ) - Cam ( 20 )

PF - Collins ( 30 ) - Gallo ( 16 ) - Hunter ( 2 )

C - Capela ( 28 ) - Okongwu ( 20 )

In a perfect world, that's probably how our minutes breakdown will be.  In this era of "load management", we may tell Trae to take a game off every now and then.  This is when Lou ( a guy who has been in the league 17 years ), will get his work.

In some games, maybe Nate opts to go with Lou instead of McConnell, which could be the right move.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

PG - Trae ( 32 ) - McConnell ( 16 )

G - Bogi ( 28 ) - Huerter ( 20 )

F - Hunter ( 28 ) - Cam ( 20 )

PF - Collins ( 30 ) - Gallo ( 16 ) - Hunter ( 2 )

C - Capela ( 28 ) - Okongwu ( 20 )

In a perfect world, that's probably how our minutes breakdown will be.  In this era of "load management", we may tell Trae to take a game off every now and then.  This is when Lou ( a guy who has been in the league 17 years ), will get his work.

In some games, maybe Nate opts to go with Lou instead of McConnell, which could be the right move.

So you are paying a guy who has averaged 20 plus minutes per game for his career 5 mil not to play but once a month?  You Think Lou want to come back and not play?