• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Everybody, Please, Like Kris

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, sturt said:

Here's the thing.

You know he's capable of shooting 35% from the arc. He did that in 18-19.

You know he's capable of shooting 53% inside the arc. He did that in 19-20.

You know he's capable of dishing out 6 assists per game. He did that in 18-19 and the year before that. And he's typically been a 2.0-2.5 assist-to-turnover ratio guy, to boot.

And you know everything else he does on the other end of the floor has been deemed elite by many.

Do you trust him to finally have that season where he puts it all together, in what many if not most believe will be our both our first shot in forever and likely best shot (in view of the payroll) to earn our first ATL title?

It's not inconceivable. It's plausible. And if he did that... and stayed healthy... dang... at a cost of a mere $5m, allowing Schlenk to have acquired another asset?

Title here we come.

Do you, though?

Trust it all would come together, and he'd be healthy?

I wish I could say "yes."

Fairly well-thought-out, and even well-produced video relevant to the topic... and yes, still relevant since Dunn hasn't actually been on the floor very much since a year ago when this was first posted.

For you Dunn enthusiasts, you'll especially appreciate the suggestion toward the latter part of the video that Dunn still yet could end up with a very Kyle Lowry-like career. 🙂

• Thanks 2

WOW!!  If Dunn is as good as this video shows, the Atlanta Hawks may have another steal.  I don't really know very much about any NBA player that is not a Hawk.  Dunn is a Hawk but his play as a Hawk has been very limited, not really enough to form an opinion.

Someone in the Atlanta org. saw something good when they signed him.  He's had a chance to heal.  Now, will he stay with us or will he cut loose?  I would be sad to think we kept him for one season and got nothing out of the signing, then he left us.  

Defense?  Atlanta has the #1 rebounder.  We have two wings that we consider great in Reddish and Hunter.  Add the much improved defense of Huerter.  With Dunn being considered one of the top defensive guards in the NBA, we can only imagine the outcome!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

I would be sad to think we kept him for one season and got nothing out of the signing, then he left us.  

Not as sad as what Speedy Craig did to us but I agree, we never saw anywhere close to vintage Kris Dunn…. yet… hoping with hard work this summer he gets a chance to prove this worth once again.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The Kris Dunn we haven't seen yet but is there.

Dunn just needs his body to catch up now, get his explosiveness back and rebuild his shooting. This is our potential backup if we handle it right.

Let me guess, get him into yoga 🧘🏽‍♂️ too? :indifferent:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

We dare not accept going into the 2021-22 season... plausibly the best collection of talent on a roster in Hawks history and plausibly the last season that such a collection will remain together... and thus, plausibly having the best shot we can ever anticipate having at winning the trophy... trusting the role of #2 PG to a player who was available for and played in 68% of his college games in 4 years, and 60% of his NBA games in 5 years.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's not actually news--we all know generally that there's been a problem for him in that way, though maybe some hadn't stopped to actually look at the math.

That's not just a one-off. That's a pattern.

The risk is too much in the face of what we're trying to do, and in the space in time when we need to get it done.

If you want Dunn for that 3rd PG slot, fine, I suppose. (Mind you, that's a lot for your 3rd guy unless it's like last year when we had ample cap space.) But neither he nor LouWill are what's needed. And it's not like we don't have resources to obtain some asset more in the vein of what is needed.

More to the point, if you're like me, you take Schlenk at his word when he indicates that he's expecting change in the #2 PG slot. That's the intent. And not always, but usually, General Schlenk has made good on his publicly-stated intent.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Defensive guards like Dunn only come around every so often. We need to lock him up right. 5yr/150. Have him sit out the next year or two while he gets his sea legs. Then have him ready to go hopefully by 2013 or 2014. 

Is the extra 145 million going towards research to build a time machine to send him back to 2013? Smart plan, he could be the difference to get us past the Cavs in in 2015!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

I believe his opt in/out day is July 28th, the day before the draft. 

From HoopsRumors:

Atlanta Hawks

Kris Dunn ($5,005,350)

Decision due by July 28.