• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is any of this true... or does it just sound possible??

Diesel

This is the trade proposed in the article.  
Asinine ...

Atlanta Hawks Receive: C Karl-Anthony Towns

Minnesota Timberwolves Receive: C Clint Capela, F De’Andre Hunter, C Onyeka Okongwu, No. 20 pick, 2022 first-round pick swap, 2023 first-round pick, 2025 first-round pick

47 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Asinine ...

Minnesota Timberwolves Receive: C Clint Capela, F De’Andre Hunter, C Onyeka Okongwu, No. 20 pick, 2022 first-round pick swap, 2023 first-round pick, 2025 first-round pick

To be fair, the pick swaps would never happen because they would always have  the better pick.

Even still, Clint, Dre and Onyeka is already a steep price without adding the picks.

I'd do Clint, OO and the picks maybe.

• Confused 1

FIRST.  Its obvious that Atlanta isn't respected as a organization because even the NBA 2K video game wouldn't pay any attention to these ignorant trade proposals.  A soon as you hit the TRADE button, your game system would lock up. Second, its the Hawks DEPTH that makes them different than any team outside of maybe the Clippers.  Its not broken.  They could add some size up front or another playmaker.  Either can be done without the ignorant trae proposals that have been flying since the Hawks got eliminated in the conference finals.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

To be fair, the pick swaps would never happen because they would always have  the better pick.

Even still, Clint, Dre and Onyeka is already a steep price without adding the picks.

No way. Clint SnT Collins and they need to throw in a pick or a young player. Our team just made the ecf. KAT has never won anything in the nba. 

2 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Asinine ...

I haven't read past this post, so I don't know who has said what.  But let's said that this trade did happen.  What would the team look like?

PG - Trae

G - Bogi

F - Cam

PF - Collins

C - KAT

Because what the article didn't say, is that the Hawks wouldn't re-sign Collins, if a deal like that was made.  So if we trade all of that draft capital ( which, by the way, would be very low 1st round picks if we're good ), and our young future stars, for a guy who is a bonafide All-NBA center, is that REALLY a bad trade?  Is that REALLY too much to give up?

Because here's still the rest of the team.  What if we did the bare minimum, and brought our current free agents back in the mix.

PG - Lemon Pepper

G - Huerter / Mays

F - Snell / Solo

PF - Gallo / Knight

C - Bruno

And we would still have our 2021 1st rd pick and 1 more free agent spot to fill.

I'm sorry folks. Hunter MIGHT be the only All-NBA caliber player that the Hawks may be giving up.

So if that's the proposed trade, you do that in a heartbeat, and don't look back.

3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

1 hour ago, MarylandHawk said:

No way. Clint SnT Collins and they need to throw in a pick or a young player. Our team just made the ecf. KAT has never won anything in the nba. 

I think your offer is even steeper than mine.

KAT is an upgrade over Clint, but OO in not an upgrade over JC. 

When I said "picks" I meant this year and the proposed 2025.

The swaps won't materialize and are just stupid filler.

For the record, I don't care about KAT, but for the sake of entertaining this fantasy idea, we would have to give up assets to get KAT. Winner or not, his numbers are eye popping for young center. He is an All NBA talent. He is the best player in the trade, therefore we would have to give up more to convince them to let him go.

Clint helps them replace KAT now, OO helps them in the long term at that position. They wont have a huge gaping hole at center if they did this. They would want one of our wings but I wouldn't budge on that.

On the flip side, we would have a dominant, versatile frontcourt rotation with backup center as the only need.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

Hoopshype...

I guess that they are suggesting that we SNT Collins for KAT??

Doesn't make much sense. 

Collins is the clickbait. The article has very little to do with Collins.

Okay let me break it down by salary first.

Clint, OO, Hunter is almost exactly = to Kat. That's why they use these players.

From a salary standpoint its a win for Minny and a loss for Atlanta because 3 salaries for rotation players helps Minny cap wise.

So answering question 1, yes this is possible. Plausible even.

Now the second point, the picks.

This is a terribly steep price to pay. Hunter is a 4 pick, OO a 6.  Just those 3 players is effectively  Kat for Clint + 2 known quantity draft picks. You could argue Atlanta would overpay just with the players but you could also argue they need to throw in this year's pick. Both are reasonable arguments. However, 2 x 1sts + 2 pick swaps is ridiculous. The author is click-baiting and filling an article quota. Nothing similar to this would happen.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I think your offer is even steeper than mine.

KAT is an upgrade over Clint, but OO in not an upgrade over JC. 

When I said "picks" I meant this year and the proposed 2025.

The swaps won't materialize and are just stupid filler.

For the record, I don't care about KAT, but for the sake of entertaining this fantasy idea, we would have to give up assets to get KAT. Winner or not, his numbers are eye popping for young center. He is an All NBA talent. He is the best player in the trade, therefore we would have to give up more to convince them to let him go.

Clint helps them replace KAT now, OO helps them in the long term at that position. They wont have a huge gaping hole at center if they did this. They would want one of our wings but I wouldn't budge on that.

On the flip side, we would have a dominant, versatile frontcourt rotation with backup center as the only need.

My scenario is only if we couldn’t resign John.

On another note, it is interesting that this rumor comes out as the Wolves sale is finalized. The new ownership has no ties to these players and may want to get rid of the high salaries and start over with young talent that they pick while building up cash reserves. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

My scenario is only if we couldn’t resign John.

On another note, it is interesting that this rumor comes out as the Wolves sale is finalized. The new ownership has no ties to these players and may want to get rid of the high salaries and start over with young talent that they pick while building up cash reserves. 

Firesale is protocol. 

But I don't know if KAT makes us that much better. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Firesale is protocol. 

But I don't know if KAT makes us that much better. 

Lopez would be a sitting duck in a Trae - KAT pick and roll.  KAT could either roll to the basket, or slip the screen out to the 3 point line.

Also, with KAT's prowess at the 3 point line, you also have the option to run pick and roll with Collins a lot more.

That would be absolutely crazy to have a C and a PF that could shoot 40% from 3, and also do damage at all 3 levels of scoring.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Lopez would be a sitting duck in a Trae - KAT pick and roll.  KAT could either roll to the basket, or slip the screen out to the 3 point line.

Also, with KAT's prowess at the 3 point line, you also have the option to run pick and roll with Collins a lot more.

That would be absolutely crazy to have a C and a PF that could shoot 40% from 3, and also do damage at all 3 levels of scoring.

With all that you would have thought that Minny would be good or teetering.  But... not. 

• Premium Member

Let's say.. the trade did go down.  But it went this way.

Resigned Townes for Clint, OO, and Reddish.   No picks. 

We would have to draft a PF/C .  Somebody like Charles Bassey.   Neither here nor there really but we just lost a lot of Depth in this trade.

We start the year with:

Trae, BB, Kvon, JC, and KAT.

Offensively we look nice.   but will KAT play defense.. Will he rebound?

It feels like we traded our future for a shot with KAT.   I don't know if it's that big of a deal.