• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Lifer...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think Solomon Hill has to be a Hawks Lifer. 

He's not even signed to a contract and he represents Atlanta Hawks Basketball to the fullest.  I love this guy!!

Mule, you got one to go with you!

• Like 3

I think we should definitely go hard for a ring this year. Solomon Hill, possibly Lou Will and Gallo has about 2 more yrs with us before we may have to let the young guys fully take over. Meaning they may no longer fit on the roster.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I would be very disappointed if we didn't sign Solo for a vet min or something.   I think he fits the culture, he's an enforcer, and he's that lockerroom guy that we need. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

To the point of the thread......

They don't make many like Solo.

But they do make a few.

Won't call him irreplaceable, but it's just doubtful that you're going to fill that 15th seat on the roster with anyone who brings so much more talent that you'd want to take a chance... and that, at a price point that is minimal... and that, from a vet who is content with taking the spare minutes and backseat role.

Doubtful, but not certain. If we have a little money left in the MLE after we sign OO's temp, it's not inconceivable we could squeeze out enough to go get a Mo Harkless. But it's pretty close to that.

And beside, I was one of the first to note just how routinely Hawks social media was treating Solo as-if coming back.

Again, that's nothing that would hold up to scrutiny in a court of law, but it's a pretty decent hint that, around the offices in the arena, it's generally taken for granted that he's going to be welcomed back. Could be wrong, but I think I'm right (...and, nothing new there, of course).

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The interesting thing about Solo and Lou is that they want to come back. I talk about Culture... I think Nate has produced a culture that makes guys believe that we will compete for the title but at the same time make guys want to be on the ride with our young talent.   It's a good thing. 

• Like 3

Thing thing about Lou is he is worth too much financially to bring back. He can still play a deserves his bread. I wouldn't even want to ask him to take a discount.

Meanwhile Solo's cost bracket fits our roster construction well. As stated he is also okay with that role for us and doesn't need guaranteed time.

It's a realistic chance at bringing him back as opposed to Lou at this point.