• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What's left to be done?

capstone21

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

SnT Lauri for Gallo?

Nope...

We will be trading Gallo for Capspace to sign our other players (Cam, Hunter).   It's the way of all things.   Specifically.. I was thinking ending contracts like either at the end of the season...  Gallo to Dallas for W-C Stein and Maxi Klebber.  or something like that...

• Like 2

What's left to do?  Sign Lou and we're good to go!

Some have asked about Hunter, who missed a lot of playing time and playoff time.  Some believed we would give away Reddish.  Danilo has been on someone's wish list.

Ain't it great to have players we intend to keep that make the want list of other teams!

Nope.  We're good.  Addressed our two wants for the off season.  Back up center and PG.  Took two players in the draft that both have some questions, otherwise they were both, in my opinion, top ten in the draft.  I trust Travis that he knows what is wrong and it can be fixed.  If it is, Wow!  We really racked up!

Two top ten in the draft and all the other goodies Travis has!  God has been good to the Hawks !!

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I say let Lou kick rocks.  He wanted to retire when he was traded here.  Let him ride someone else’s coattails.

He played great for us and was a big part of our playoff push, not sure why anyone would be angry at him

• Like 4

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, swanlee said:

He played great for us and was a big part of our playoff push, not sure why anyone would be angry at him

He averaged 7ppg in the playoffs for us. I don't think anyone is angry at Lou, but there are maybe better players available for us than him. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He averaged 7ppg in the playoffs for us. I don't think anyone is angry at Lou, but there are maybe better players available for us than him. 

Yeah he had a stellar moment in a game or two but, overall, he was kinda bad throughout.  I liked him mostly as a lockerroom guy, but I'd hope there's someone better for us that's available.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah he had a stellar moment in a game or two but, overall, he was kinda bad throughout.  I liked him mostly as a lockerroom guy, but I'd hope there's someone better for us that's available.

Yup, he had two key games for us, and they were big for sure, so not taking anything away from him, and maybe the possibility of him having a couple of games like that in the playoffs again is worth bringing him back. Not sure though. 

I like Louis a lot, a veteran leader who can go out and actually win you a few games, slots well next to Wright, can teach Trae and Coop all the little guard tricks, then comes the but...

Louis has bristled over his career earnings having never made 10 million in a single season.  Not that that's available to him now but he might be more partial to taking a BAE amount rather than a vet-min.  Further to that point, he might be looking for a 2-3 year deal for some stability rather than playing the "find a contender" carousel. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

If I have to pick between Lou and Millsap based on our current team I'm going with Millsap. Gallo usually gets hurt at least once in a season and he's our only reliable backup PF right now. Millsap would be great as a 3rd PF/vet leader in the locker room.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Realistically, 

we should be planning for the trade of Gallo.  Not any time soon but in the future.  That means finding a capable PF (BU type) and some ending contracts to replace Gallo either at the deadline or next offseason. 

Jalen Johnson was Knight's replacement (even took his number) and Gallo replacement. He's insurance for our wings but he's definitely Gallo's replacement.

• Premium Member

So, barring an unanticipated trade that opens up other slots, we have the #3 PG and #3 SG slots that we still could fill with vets. LouWill, of course, routinely has been thought to be a serious candidate to fill one or the other... except that we also know there's apparently some competition for his services.

Makes all the sense in the world to bring him back, imo.

Whether we do or we don't, there's going to still be one or the other slots on the depth chart that are open. Two North Americans who've been playing on the other side of the pond might be options. I won't bore anyone any further with my case for the personal pet cat-o-mine to fill the #3 PG role, Kevin Pangos. But then for the #3 SG role, will remind everyone that we just heard this in the last few days from Woj...

... and here's the numbers that maybe should give reason for enthusiasm...

2021-08-04_18-13-59.png