7. Trae vs. Irving
  8. Trae vs. Sexton
  9. Trae vs. Brogdon 
  10. Trae vs.  Hayes
  11. Trae vs. Dinwiddie
  12. Trae vs. Anthony
  13. Trae vs. Lonzo
  14. Trae vs. VanVleet

This is a listing of all the PGs in the East.  The question is who do you think can cause a defensive problem for Trae?  Offensively, Trae was the 2nd Best PG in the East last season.  Is there anybody on this list that can be better this season?

I think the defensive problems will come from 1.  Simmons  and 2.  Jrue. 

Simmons is just massive and he has quick feet.  He's able to make up ground on Trae very quickly.   Jrue is just one of the best defenders in the game.  

As far as who could be offensively better?   Maybe Irving.   But keep an eye out for Sexton. 

What do the squawk say...

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I see no defensive problems. If Jrue and Ben couldn't stop him in the playoffs what makes you think they will magically stop him in the regular season. 

I guess you mean slow him down?  They may slow him down here and there, but if Trae improves his three point shooting. I don't see them even slowing him down. 

I wouldn't say that they didn't stop him.   I would say that the defensive assignment didn't always focus on them staying with Trae.   The magic of Trae is that he forces defenses to adapt to him.   But when they do so, it causes problems everywhere else.  So the coaches first thought is... I would rather let Trae get his points than let the whole team get going.   Milwaukee did that in Game 1 and Trae dropped damn near 50 points on them and we won anyway.   I think Jrue and Ben are two players that don't require a double team to slow down Trae.   Also, when Philly did play Simmons on Trae, he gave Trae a hard time.   

2 hours ago, Diesel said:
  1. Trae vs. Jrue.
  2. Trae vs. Dennis
  3. Trae vs. Kemba
  4. Trae vs. Lowry
  5. Trae vs. LaMelo
  6. Trae vs.  Simmons
  7. Trae vs. Irving
  8. Trae vs. Sexton
  9. Trae vs. Brogdon 
  10. Trae vs.  Hayes
  11. Trae vs. Dinwiddie
  12. Trae vs. Anthony
  13. Trae vs. Lonzo
  14. Trae vs. VanVleet

This is a listing of all the PGs in the East.  The question is who do you think can cause a defensive problem for Trae?  Offensively, Trae was the 2nd Best PG in the East last season.  Is there anybody on this list that can be better this season?

I think the defensive problems will come from 1.  Simmons  and 2.  Jrue. 

Simmons is just massive and he has quick feet.  He's able to make up ground on Trae very quickly.   Jrue is just one of the best defenders in the game.  

As far as who could be offensively better?   Maybe Irving.   But keep an eye out for Sexton. 

What do the squawk say...

They thought Simmons and Jrue could guard him last year and it didn't work out for them. Jrue got crossed and shimmied  on and Simmons is getting shipped out of town.

There are some great point guards on this list though and should be a fun battle every night.

Edited by sillent
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, sillent said:

They thought Simmons and Jrue could guard him last year and it didn't work out for them. Jrue got crossed and shimmied  on and Simmons is getting shipped out of town.

There are some great point guards on this list though and should be a fun battle every night.

Who is Hayes though? What team? I can't think pass Jaxson Hayes and my mind is drawing a blank.

Killian Hayes - Detroit

• Like 2

I think Jrue and Simmons are the cream of the crop when it comes to perimeter defense. That being said, Trae can still eat against them. 

What is a shame, and needs to change at some point, is that there isn't a name on that list that Trae can guard. If he ever evolves in to just an average defender, the sky is the limit. Making Bogi and Kev guard PG's year round is taxing.

If Trae could ever add some strength there is no reason he can't be effective like Vanvleet is, who is 2 inches shorter at 5'11

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae vs Curry.

Ive been waiting for this since 2018.

Uhm... I love Trae, but Trae doesn't matchup with Curry.  Curry is the deadliest three point shooter this game has ever seen.  Trae shoots low 30% from three.   Trae does better driving.  The ability to drive and take contact is something that Curry has shied away from.  But he does it too.  I think Trae is a better passer though. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member

2 matchups that bring interest to me are:

Trae vs. Irving.

Trae vs. Kemba.

Those two are offensive minded PGs who can get their scores in different ways.  It will be interesting to watch. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, sillent said:

I'm interested to see Trae and LaMelo and the entertaining game and show the 2 squads should put on.

I think the LaMelo and Lonzo Matchups will be interesting because of Size.  OO may offer some counter data. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Jrue is the only one I fear in a matchup because he can literally guard 1-5. Simmons can too, but he's in his head at the moment and I don't know where he can go from here.

Simmons is only in his head offensively.  Defensively, he's still 1st team all defense.   I think what will happen though is he will get traded and end up as a Point Forward. 

8 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Jrue is the only one I fear in a matchup because he can literally guard 1-5. Simmons can too, but he's in his head at the moment and I don't know where he can go from here.

Both of those guys are great defenders. Did we all watch the same playoffs though? They still don't have nothing on Trae with this team. 

We built around Trae perfectly and they couldn't guard him one on one much then. Imagine now how far Trae is going to be in his bag especially with the rest of his bag depending on it.

I might understand those questions still coming from outsiders. I can even under stand if it was some defenders we didn't just face for 6-7 games.

Maybe a new name like a Davion Mitchell or someone. Those 2 above have tried and felled (for the most part). The ref did a better job of guarding Trae and he was out of bounds.

• Like 2