• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Early over-under for 21-22 Hawks: 47.5 wins (tied with Cs)

sturt

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not shocked, we just have to prove everyone what we are under Nate. 

If 27-11 over the last 3 months of the season plus getting to within 2 games of the NBA Finals doesn't prove what we are under Nate I highly doubt anything will next year.  Some people, teams, and franchises will always be slighted no matter the circumstances.  The Hawks are one of those teams.  Trae is one of those people.  Is what it is at this point.  We'll all starve sitting around waiting for people to give the Hawks the respect we all think they deserve.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gotta remember that oddsmakers aren't predicting where they think teams will actually finish, it's where they think they will most evenly draw a split of the bets on either side of their line. A lot of this is driven by knowing their betting clientele, and what the current public assumptions are regarding these teams.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

If 27-11 over the last 3 months of the season plus getting to within 2 games of the NBA Finals doesn't prove what we are under Nate I highly doubt anything will next year.  Some people, teams, and franchises will always be slighted no matter the circumstances.  The Hawks are one of those teams.  Trae is one of those people.  Is what it is at this point.  We'll all starve sitting around waiting for people to give the Hawks the respect we all think they deserve.  

No one watched us till the playoffs so they think it's fool's gold. 

• Thanks 1

I got us no lower than the 3rd seed with a high chance of being 1 seed. Longtime nba fans KNOW in this era being 1 seed doesn’t mean anything and typically at least in recent history the past 10 years it seems that vet teams who are in championship contention start to check out in the regular season with no real goal to be number 1 seed and will settle for the 2nd or 3rd seed as long as they can go into the playoffs healthy.

But a young team like the hawks are going to put that energy out there all season and build off the hype of being 1st seed if the window is there…..it’s interesting but that’s how I see it.

Nets, Bucks I truly don’t believe care about the 1 seed. 76ers captured 1 seed the first time since the Embiid and Simmons era and lost the same way to our young hawks. Hawks haven’t had that exposure throughout the whole season and getting Nationally televised games with media hype , etc , etc…..young teams eat up that kind of attention all the time.

but we all know the playoffs is what’s important regardless of the seed but would love to see homecourt throughout all the playoffs if possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've read today that, with the addition of Dennis, that team is now considered the best, overlooked team in the east and the writer expects them to be somewhere near the top.  A great Boston team!

It never fails.  Every off season, almost every team is said to improve - - a lot.  Some how, we get left out of the equation.  NBA writers are so habitually putting the Hawks near the bottom that it has become a hard habit to break.

Now, lets see.  How many teams are ahead of Atlanta now?  Hummm.  A lot.  And, the season hasn't even started yet!  The way things are going, we will be the bottom team in the east by opening day!!!

:hi:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1