• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jalen Johnson may be better than De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish

TheNorthCydeRises

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh dear lord. So, our whole season rides on JJ taking the next step? 

image.gif.cf03be90326a6921290ee4e8a083c985.gif

WE ARE FCKED @kg01!!!!

GOOD MORNING PLAYA! 😃 

I thought that you just really wanted Siakam and thought JJ was worth giving up to get him but it seems like you might legit be really down on him.  Why do you think Toronto would want him if he doesn’t have significant upside?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

I thought that you just really wanted Siakam and thought JJ was worth giving up to get him but it seems like you might legit be really down on him.  Why do you think Toronto would want him if he doesn’t have significant upside?

I thought maybe they would roll the dice 🎲 on a young guy to start their rebuild. One way or another they will be rebuilding it’s just a matter of when and how but it’s within a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I expect JJ to be a top 10 player in the league, if not I’m coming after @kg01 and the rest of you JJ lovers. No excuses he even worked out with the queen 🤴 so… 

He better be damn good, we passed on Pascal fa dissssss! 

Im thinking more like a top 25 PF would be a huge success for him next season.

His realistic peak is something like a top 10 PF someday.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So we passed on Siakam, who is currently a top 5 PF, in hopes that one day JJ will be a top 10 PF? Wow, smart… 🤨 

Right. Siakam could only shoot about 32-33% so he wouldn't be able to stretch the floor enough.  So we needed to keep Jalen who is untradeable but also can't shoot.  

39 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Right. Siakam could only shoot about 32-33% so he wouldn't be able to stretch the floor enough.  So we needed to keep Jalen who is untradeable but also can't shoot.  

Siakam can shoot the rock 🪨 man. Did you watch many Raptor games? He’s money.

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Siakam can shoot the rock 🪨 man. Did you watch many Raptor games? He’s money.

Sorry, I need sarcasm italics.  Was actually agreeing with you.  I've been wanting us to bring in Siakam for like 3 years.  Looking forward to see what Jalen brings next year, but Siakam is way better.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Sorry, I need sarcasm italics.  Was actually agreeing with you.  I've been wanting us to bring in Siakam for like 3 years.  Looking forward to see what Jalen brings next year, but Siakam is way better.  

Saaaarrr…🧐 

image.gif.7748d1f84225259ffc6cac7875097256.gif

• Moderators
On 9/1/2023 at 8:40 PM, Spud2nique said:

I expect JJ to be a top 10 player in the league, if not I’m coming after @kg01 and the rest of you JJ lovers. No excuses he even worked out with the queen 🤴 so… 

He better be damn good, we passed on Pascal fa dissssss! 

Pascal has never been a top 10 player in the game so why expect JJ to hit that height?

Moreover, why do you think Atlanta passed on Pascal to keep JJ?  I’ve not seen anything indicating that offered a trade to the Hawks of Pascal for JJ and filler or anything.  All I’ve seen is the rumor that Toronto turned down Hunter, AJ and a pick.  Since you and I both rate AJ over JJ, wouldn’t that suggest they would want a lot more than JJ and so characterizing this as the Hawks passing on Pascal for JJ is really mischaracterizing it (assuming they want JJ at all)?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Pascal has never been a top 10 player in the game so why expect JJ to hit that height?

Top 10 PF in the league. That’s what we were discussing. The last poster said JJ could “possibly..someday..be a top 10 PF”.. 

Thats when I said so we passed on a dude whose been a top 10 PF 90% of his career most likely, ok 70% of his career.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Moreover, why do you think Atlanta passed on Pascal to keep JJ?  I’ve not seen anything indicating that offered a trade to the Hawks of Pascal for JJ and filler or anything.

Not specifically, I think they wanted AJ or Okongwu with JJ and we said HECK NO as we should.

I just think if we offered Capela, JJ, Bufkin and a pick we might have been able to work it out with them. Although they were stubborn as a franchise in even negotiating.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Since you and I both rate AJ over JJ, wouldn’t that suggest they would want a lot more than JJ and so characterizing this as the Hawks passing on Pascal for JJ is really mischaracterizing it (assuming they want JJ at all)?

Yes.. 🤔 I guess you are right. Thanks for breaking it down. You are right it was Hunter not Capela they were after, I mean, if they even were after any of our guys. Masai was prolly testing the waters like a jerk 😂.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Top 10 PF in the league. That’s what we were discussing. The last poster said JJ could “possibly..someday..be a top 10 PF”.. 

Thats when I said so we passed on a dude whose been a top 10 PF 90% of his career most likely, ok 70% of his career.

Not specifically, I think they wanted AJ or Okongwu with JJ and we said HECK NO as we should.

I just think if we offered Capela, JJ, Bufkin and a pick we might have been able to work it out with them. Although they were stubborn as a franchise in even negotiating.

Yes.. 🤔 I guess you are right. Thanks for breaking it down. You are right it was Hunter not Capela they were after, I mean, if they even were after any of our guys. Masai was prolly testing the waters like a jerk 😂.

I just think you would be better off disconnecting JJ and Pascal in your mind unless and until we find out Toronto asked for him in a package that Atlanta was otherwise willing to do and Atlanta said “no” or countered without JJ.  (For example, if Toronto asked for AJ, OO and JJ then who cares that JJ was part of it unless Atlanta countered with OO, AJ and something else.)

I think you’ll enjoy JJ a lot more if you aren’t blaming management’s love of him for Siakam not being a Hawk and I haven’t seen any reason to think he deserves that blame.

• Like 2