• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jalen Johnson may be better than De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish

TheNorthCydeRises

I know these are summer workouts and should be taken with a heavy grain of salt, but what's consistent with Jalen's videos is the vision and passing.  I hope he makes that big leap, but he's looked better as a ball handler and facilitator in the half court from his summer workouts I've seen. His body control is elite!

I also believe Jalen legit wants to be great which goes a long way in development.

I'm hoping for one more move from the front office next week and I think we'll have a really good squad this year. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'm hoping for one more move from the front office next week and I think we'll have a really good squad this year. 

What kind of move are you expecting/hoping for? And why next week?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I want Ayton.  Send CC out with fillers.

Uh maybe it's October they can combine players in a trade. 

Aah yes....Sept 6th when the players acquired in DJ trade (except Zeller) can be combined in trade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Grading Completed NBA Rookie-Scale Extensions + Predictions for Ongoing Negotiations

No. 20: Jalen Johnson, Atlanta Hawks

10 OF 26

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS - APRIL 01: Jalen Johnson #1 of the Atlanta Hawks dribbles the ball during the first half against the Chicago Bulls at the United Center on April 01, 2024 in Chicago, Illinois. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images)
Patrick McDermott/Getty Images

In asking several competing executives about the 2021 draft class, Jalen Johnson's name came up as one they're watching closely, with his combination of size (6'9") and skill. The Atlanta Hawks are expected, however, to retain him.

2023-24 averages (56 games, 52 starts): 33.7 minutes, 16.0 points, 8.7 rebounds, 35.5 percent from three

Closest comp: Vassell, McDaniels

March expectation: Johnson could fight for $25-30 million annually.

Current expectation: Competing executives suggested he could end up even higher.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10133474-grading-completed-nba-rookie-scale-extensions-predictions-for-ongoing-negotiations

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...