• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jalen Johnson may be better than De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish

TheNorthCydeRises

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Any updates on this extension?  We need to get this dude resigned, we have a lot to lose by waiting if he has a breakout year.  If we can get him at 30M per I'll take that all day.  Don't want to have to pay him the max if we don't have to.

His agents were reportedly asking for the max the last I saw.  It is all about what the front office believes is reasonable and whether you can get him to sign now.  There is no reason to sign him to a max now as him not resigning until the next offseason carries some cap advantages for us.  I'm not optimistic we'll get this done but have no doubt that JJ will be with us for a long time.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

His agents were reportedly asking for the max the last I saw.  It is all about what the front office believes is reasonable and whether you can get him to sign now.  There is no reason to sign him to a max now as him not resigning until the next offseason carries some cap advantages for us.  I'm not optimistic we'll get this done but have no doubt that JJ will be with us for a long time.

If he's asking for the max than I understand the delay, no need to give that to him now.  

Don't blame him or his agents for playing hardball though, we will see if JJ is willing to roll the dice without a deal.  Carries a lot of risk for him to wait.  

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, AHF said:

21 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

If he's asking for the max than I understand the delay, no need to give that to him now.  

Don't blame him or his agents for playing hardball though, we will see if JJ is willing to roll the dice without a deal.  Carries a lot of risk for him to wait.  

If they anticipate he's gonna be worth a max next season, you wait and do it then...take a similar approach to how the Sixers handled Maxey's contract last year, which enabled them to sign PG. JJ low cap hold next offseason would be helpful.

• Like 3