• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Personal thoughts on the trade.....

TheDude

I'm still in a bit of shock but I'll get over it. The question I have is would Shareef had made more next year than what we can sign a star for? If it would have been the same, I don't see the reasoning in trading a star to get an equal star(potentially in offseason, not talking about Sheed). If he would have made quite a bit more, then I understand.

First of all I would have preferred JT be the one gone and not Reef. Hate saying that but you have to admit that Reef was the man on this team. Our weakness seemed to be guard defense(JT).

Another thing is that I'd put money that Dan Dickau will end up being pretty good with continued playing time. I'd rather have given up someone else than him.(guess we won't see Dickaufan anymore- I think he was a friend of Dan or Dan himself).

And the last thing is does anyone have a list of offseason free agents. I know I and someone else had posted them once before but I can't find them.

• Premium Member

Well.

The numbers game is interesting.

Reef would have been Making 14+ next year looking for an extension. I don't think we would have given it. Theo would have been making close to 11 next year, looking for an extension. I dont think we would have given it.

IF Sheed really works out here....

He will make no more than 12 million to start from any other team. So we can give him somewhat of a lowball offer compared to what he makes now. Maybe a 5 year deal starting around 11 million. With raises and stuff, that's probably the best offer he will get. Or we can sign and trade him to NY or something else.

JT got to be out the door.