• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Where does Nate rank among coaches?

Diesel

• Premium Member

What coach is the most puzzling..

Rick Carlisle. 

Took Detroit almost there... and the year after he was released, they beat Kobe-Shaq for a title. 

Beat Lebron and the Big three in an improbable 4-2 win... with the Mavs.  

But then he turns around and with the same winning teams have mediocre seasons.   What's up with that?

Doc Rivers..

In Orlando was a great Coach.   IN Boston, Won a chip.. With the Clipps.. always the bridesmaid. Is he still a good coach or has he fallen in the category of Kerr and Popp?

Thibbs...

Teams are regular season masters...  But are never serious contenders. 

Kerr and Popp...

What are they without their stars?

Nate...

Is this a guy who has been given deficient teams?  Is this a guy who has learned from his failures?  or Is this a guy who given the right mix of young players who will listen can win significant games?

• Moderators
15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

1. Doc

2. Nate

3. Monty

4t. Thibs

4t. Synder

4t. Bud

Thanks for putting Monty in there.   Should have been COY by a mile.   Not sure why he's so overlooked.   Kerr, Doc, Lue get dinged for having super talented teams but when i guy comes along and goes to the finals with a team that was basically lottery the year before then somethings up.   CP3 is great but he's not single handedly taking any old team to the finals.  

With all the Hawks talent this year it's going to be interesting to see how many of us are still 100% with Nate by mid season when he's not playing whoever our fav players are enough minutes.  

• Like 1

My first tier is Pop, Spo, and Bud.  When I saw KD being a lead defender for Team USA I knew Pop still got it. Nobody else can/ has done that.  I love watching  Spo teams even when they’re mediocre.  His players never defy him.  And I’ll always remember Bud University.  A 5-Man POTM is never happening again.

Second tier Quinn, Taylor, Nate.  I don’t think anyone comes in and does the job Nate did last season.  Not that he’s better than everyone else it was just a perfect storm of occurrences with his philosophy and knowing all the mistakes Lloyd made.

I got Vogel alone in Tier 3.  Just always liked his demeanor, two way fanatic like Nate.

Nurse, Thibs, Stevens honorable mention.  They can all be my lead assistants no question.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

My first tier is Pop, Spo, and Bud.  When I saw KD being a lead defender for Team USA I knew Pop still got it. Nobody else can/ has done that.  I love watching  Spo teams even when they’re mediocre.  His players never defy him.  And I’ll always remember Bud University.  A 5-Man POTM is never happening again.

Second tier Quinn, Taylor, Nate.  I don’t think anyone comes in and does the job Nate did last season.  Not that he’s better than everyone else it was just a perfect storm of occurrences with his philosophy and knowing all the mistakes Lloyd made.

I got Vogel alone in Tier 3.  Just always liked his demeanor, two way fanatic like Nate.

Nurse, Thibs, Stevens honorable mention.  They can all be my lead assistants no question.

So you like the Pop tree is what you're saying?   lol.    I mean i do too.   I'm still a fan of Bud but to be honest Quinn, Taylor, Atkinson are still in the 'prove it' stage to me.   Quinn has just 3 games won beyond the first round and hasn't even sniffed a second round victory.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Taylor Jenkins?

Ok...

I think Nurse deserves a little more respect.   To sit him behind Frank.. .is .... interesting.