• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

In Honor of Labor Day..... Here's your question for the Day....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Labor means work...

Let's give some Love to the Hard Workers..

Who is the Best Journeyman/Bench Guy to put on a Hawks Jersey... For at least 1 season?

Qualifications:  A guy who could not have gone anywhere else and been a starter... in fact, maybe not make another team. 

• Premium Member

No Love for the Working Class on the Squawk??

Let me give you some options.

Emanuel Davis.                            Ira Newbil                         Hanno Motola                        Jacque Vaughn 

Snoop Graham                            Dion Glover

Eldridge Recasnar

Darvin Ham

• Premium Member

Emanuel Davis.                            Ira Newbil                         Hanno Motola                        Jacque Vaughn 

Snoop Graham                            Dion Glover                      Blair Rasmussen                     Nazr Mohammed 

Eldridge Recasnar                       Mike Wilks                         Dan Dickau                            Matt Maloney

Darvin Ham                                Drew Barry                          Roshown McLeod                  Bimbo Coles ?

Anthony Johnson                        Donnie Boyce                     BB Ed Gray                            Tyrone Corbin?

Ennis Whatley                            Cadillac Anderson                Doug Edwards                      Salim Stoudamire

Mario West. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Diesel said:

Snoop Graham                            Dion Glover                      Blair Rasmussen                     Nazr Mohammed 

Eldridge Recasnar                       Mike Wilks                         Dan Dickau                            Matt Maloney

Darvin Ham                                Drew Barry                          Roshown McLeod                  Bimbo Coles ?

Anthony Johnson                        Donnie Boyce                     BB Ed Gray                            Tyrone Corbin?

Ennis Whatley                            Cadillac Anderson                Doug Edwards                      Salim Stoudamire

Mario West. 

Out of these names, I'll easily take Nazr.  Quality backup big man.  

• Premium Member

I forgot...  and I guess my pick will be Shelvin Mack.

I liked Eldridge Recaznar too.

My only issue with Nazr... and Corbin for that matter is  I think they had some value to other teams after us.   But Love those guys...  Ira and Ivan.

I know I'm missing some of our international Hawks.   

Like Pero... and Volkov...

But I got a new one for that.

• Premium Member

Didn't catch this thread on Labor Day proper, but the first dude who comes to mind for me is Mario West. That dude's collar was dyed-in-the-wool blue. He had zero finesse (56% free throw shooter and 6.1 fouls per 36 minutes for his career), but his motor was running on overdrive every second he was on the floor. IIRC, the scuttlebutt was that he was a legend on the practice floor too.

He definitely fits the "unsung" mold. The OKC announcer had no clue who he was when he made this play:

...and that was in his third year in the league.

Edited by niremetal