• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Question of the day... 10-1-2021...

Diesel

Which Current Hawk...  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Capela is the next closest only because he is the only one on pace to put up HoF worthy stats.

At his current rate, if he stays healthy, Clint could realistically finish in the top 16-25 of All- Time rebounders.

http://www.espn.com/nba/history/leaders/_/stat/rebounds

He has 4146 so far.

Hypothetically: If he plays 10 more years, 70 games a year on average, and around 12.5 rebounds game, that would place him the Bob Petit/Charles Barkley range on the All time list at 12,800 or so 

That's above other non scoring HoF bigs like Rodman and Mutumbo.

The key will be can he attach more to resume in the form of All star appearances, a championship or two, a block title, etc.... to complement  his rebounding prowess.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

I agree with GM that we can barely get Trae on an All-Star team, so there's no chance we can get another Hawk in the HOF.

If forced to choose one, I'll choose John Collins.

I think his comparison right now is Vin Baker, with a ceiling of Jermaine O'Neal. If he becomes a guy that you can go to at the end of a game to take game winning shots, that would help him tremendously.

Good topic Diesel.

• Moderators

As of now absent someone getting in by hitting the "easy" button of being a foreign player, I don't think anyone is on track to even being considered for HOF.  So I'm knowing taking a very limited view of this and openly say that what "can" happen can be much more than career to date for many of our young players.  I'm just not comfortable putting someone down for this without them showing they have reached a level that if sustained would warrant a HOF admission.  In a theoretical exercise of what a player's ceiling looks like, I could have a half dozen guys from this team on the list but I don't that is a super useful exercise.