• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

5 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Trae Young has entered the top-10 in the NBA in PER with a mark of 25.3 while Nikola Jokic continues to hold the top slot at 35.1.

NBA PER (Week 6)
1. Nikola Jokic: 35.1
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo: 31.4
3. Jimmy Butler: 27.9
4. Stephen Curry: 27.8
5. Montrezl Harrell: 27.6
6. Kevin Durant: 27.1
7. Joel Embiid: 25.7
8. Trae Young: 25.3
9. Anthony Davis: 25.1
10. Ja Morant: 24.8
11. Rudy Gobert: 24.8
12. Kristaps Porzingis: 24.1
13. LaMarcus Aldridge: 23.4
14. Karl-Anthony Towns: 23.3
15. DeMar DeRozan: 23.3
16. Richaun Holmes: 23.1
17. Jusuf Nurkic: 23.0
18. Clint Capela: 22.8
19. Jarrett Allen: 22.3
20. LeBron James: 22.1
21. Jonas Valanciunas: 22.0
22. Chris Paul: 21.9
23. Luka Doncic: 21.9
24. John Collins: 21.7
25. Daniel Gafford: 21.6

I feel like I saw all 3 were in the top 20 at some point last week, and we were the only team that could say that.

36 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Good question. I'm not sure. I'm sure more info will follow. 

Edit: Healthy Scratch.

That's wild, but when you consider that Thibs prides himself on Defense, I can see why he would feel that way about playing 3 small guards together. They were really struggling on the defensive end this season. Still wild though.

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I want to cry for the kid man. He could have been a star, but that back is likely going to bother him for the rest of his life, even after his career is over. He spoke on how it dropped him in the draft and no lottery team wanted to touch him

Trae's had doubters question if he could hold up in the league, but he never had any legit injury concerns for that to ever be an actual issue.

Well at least he secured generational  wealth. I don't know how injury insurance works on NBA contracts. 

Interesting snippet on us from NBA.com https://www.nba.com/news/power-rankings-2021-22-week-7

With the loss, the Hawks are 1-4 in the second game of back-to-backs and 10-6 otherwise. They’re in the middle of their first three-day break of the season and have just two back-to-backs over the next 6 1/2 weeks. The first of those two is Sunday (vs. Charlotte) and next Monday (at Minnesota).

We are 10-6 if you take out the 2nd game of back to backs. 

That is crazy, I did not realize we had that many B2B's (5) already and were so bad at them in general.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Interesting snippet on us from NBA.com https://www.nba.com/news/power-rankings-2021-22-week-7

We are 10-6 if you take out the 2nd game of back to backs. 

That is crazy, I did not realize we had that many B2B's (5) already and were so bad at them in general.

Yeah.  Everyone else in the East that I've looked at has 3 or 4, not 5.

Nets 3 (2-1 record)

Miami 4 (2-2 record)

Bucks 3 (2-1 record)

Charlotte 4 (0-4 record)

Etc.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IIRC - it was trade JC, sign Harrell for $22 million and draft generational offensive player Obadiah Toppin. :stirthepot:

Hmm. I don’t think that was me. Obi was Supes. I was draft OO but also sign Trez. I realize the money thing wouldn’t have worked out to pay JC a year later though so moot.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, terrell said:

Top 11 teams in the East are within 3.5 games of each other.... Wow......

It's really amazing how close all these teams are this year.  Just GS and Phoenix have separated from the pack.  I believe Phoenix is a little better than GS and we will see that tomorrow.  GS has played  a ton of home games.

Not sure if anyone posted the power rankings. Well, here are the BSPN ones, from 18 to 13. 

atl.png?w=110&h=110

13. Atlanta Hawks
2021-22 record: 11-10
Previous ranking: 18

Atlanta's seven-game win streak ended on Saturday against the Knicks, but it was another stellar night for Clint Capela, who finished with 16 points and 21 rebounds. It was his 22nd 15-point, 15-rebound game since joining the Hawks last season, tied with Rudy Gobert for the most in that span. In his past eight games, Capela is averaging 15.1 points and 15.1 rebounds per game. -- Lopez

This week: @IND, PHI, CHA

• Thanks 1