• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

14 hours ago, Sothron said:

I think he's crumbling under the pressure to be THE FRANCHISE guy for the Lakers. Things were easy when he was beast mode in New Orleans and no one put any pressure on him.

He's overrated from the standpoint of what most people think he is..............

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

He's overrated from the standpoint of what most people think he is..............

Yeah, he's a really good big and that's pretty much it.  His style and game kind of sucks for the modern NBA though.  He's like Embiid without the good post moves.  He shoots way too many shots outside of 15 feet and doesn't use his size (that he's worked hard on and put on muscle) to his advantage down low.  I think he was on a trajectory to become an all-time elite big but he's not the same after his injuries and mentally he doesn't seem to be there.  I agree with you 100% though it's more so that fans have not adjusted their expectations of who he is

• Like 2

My biggest knock against AD is that you don't get to be called a "dominant" player if you play down a position just to avoid contact.

AD would be one of the most talented Centers ever, and in the modern game he is a stretch 5, but he refuses to play C and only wants to be a PF. He did the same thing in Nola.

As far as being a champion, AD only won a ring because he played with Lebron. He has never carried a team to anything great. You see how bad the Lakers are when Lebron is out. So no, HE did not win a championship, he was on a championship winning team with the rest of the ring chasers. He was the 2nd fiddle, and he was able to shine because Lebron was out there with him.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

"How fast they were coming off screens"

"They were running 2-3 actions and Trae was coming off a screen roll throwing lobs" 

This has LP's fingerprints all over it. Hate him or not, at our best, his offensive system was a nightmare to defend WHEN we ran it properly.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

My biggest knock against AD is that you don't get to be called a "dominant" player if you play down a position just to avoid contact.

AD would be one of the most talented Centers ever, and in the modern game he is a stretch 5, but he refuses to play C and only wants to be a PF. He did the same thing in Nola.

As far as being a champion, AD only won a ring because he played with Lebron. He has never carried a team to anything great. You see how bad the Lakers are when Lebron is out. So no, HE did not win a championship, he was on a championship winning team with the rest of the ring chasers. He was the 2nd fiddle, and he was able to shine because Lebron was out there with him.

A stretch 5 who cant shoot.  It just looks good on the highlights....19% from 3. 29% from mid range.

And then there's this..

1. Fractured left hand, January 13, 2013
  2. Dislocated finger left hand, January 29, 2014
  3. Sprained ankle, March 28, 2014
  4. Back spasm, 9 April 2014
  5. Chest contusion, December 13, 2014
  6. Sprained left big toe, January 16, 2015
  7. Groin strain, January 30, 2015
  8. Sprained right shoulder, February 7, 2015
  9. Sprained right shoulder, February 21, 2015
  10. Sprained ankle, March 19, 2015
  11. Hip strain, November 11, 2015
  12. Shoulder pain, November 18, 2015
  13. Back injury, January 8, 2016
  14. Concussion, January 25, 2016
  15. Sprained right big toe, 27 February 2016
  16. Knee pain, left knee, 18 May 2016
  17. Sprained ankle, 12 October 2016
  18. Lower back pain, November 12, 2016
  19. Quadriceps, 16 November 2016
  20. Quadriceps, 18 November 2016
  21. Contusion left leg, 17 December 2016
  22. Bruised hip, 11 January 2017
  23. Sprained left thumb, 17 January 2017
  24. Right quadriceps impingement, 23 January 2017
  25. Sickness, 17 October 2017
  26. Inflammation left knee, 25 October 2017
  27. Concussion, 18 November 2017
  28. Groin strain, 1 December 2017
  29. Groin pain, December 11, 2017
  30. Sprained ankle, 8 January 2018
  31. Sprained ankle, 7 March 2018
  32. Elbow impingement, 27 October 2018
  33. Sprained elbow, 1 November 2018
  34. Elbow sprain, November 4, 2018
  35. Sprained hip, 24 November 2018
  36. Illness, 20 December 2018
  37. Sickness, January 1, 2019
  38. Sprained ankle, 12 January 2019
  39. Dislocated index finger, 19 January 2019
  40. Back spasm, 8 March 2019
  41. Right shoulder pain, 13 November 2019
  42. Sprained right ankle, 17 December 2019
  43. Gluteal contusion, January 20, 2020
  44. Right knee pain, March 1, 2020
  45. Calf strain, December 27, 2020
  46. Abductor strain, January 8, 2021
  47. Quadriceps contusion, January 28, 2021
  48. Achilles tendon tendonitis, 8 February 2021
  49. Achilles tendonitis, 16 February 2021
  50. Groin strain, May 30, 2021
Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

The Hawks have a stretch of five winnable games coming up. 

Mon, Dec 13 7:30 PM   Tickets as low as $12 
Wed, Dec 15 7:00 PM   Tickets as low as $10 
Fri, Dec 17
vsDenverDenver
7:30 PM   Tickets as low as $22 
Sun, Dec 19 7:30 PM   Tickets as low as $21 
Wed, Dec 22 7:30 PM
NBA TV
Tickets as low as $19 

I'd like to see them, at minimum, go 4-1 during this stretch.  Denver and Cleveland obviously being the toughest opponents.  Cleveland will be on a back to back so the Hawks have a rest advantage there and I think Bogi may be returning around the Cleveland game if everything goes okay.

I know many are upset about the loss last night, but the Hawks are still in really good position to get a top seed whenever you look at the back-half of their schedule. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, top 3 in the lottery staring us in the face...lol

Now thats more like it.  So what's our theme gonna be?  Last year's 'Fade 4 Cade' had a nice ring to it. 🤓

(For the record, if it's not clear, I was being a little extra and reverse-jinxy in my previous post.  Wait, does that negate the reverse-jinx?  Ah, we're screwed.)

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, marco102 said:

The Hawks have a stretch of five winnable games coming up. 

Mon, Dec 13 7:30 PM   Tickets as low as $12 
Wed, Dec 15 7:00 PM   Tickets as low as $10 
Fri, Dec 17
vsDenverDenver
7:30 PM   Tickets as low as $22 
Sun, Dec 19 7:30 PM   Tickets as low as $21 
Wed, Dec 22 7:30 PM
NBA TV
Tickets as low as $19 

I'd like to see them, at minimum, go 4-1 during this stretch.  Denver and Cleveland obviously being the toughest opponents.  Cleveland will be on a back to back so the Hawks have a rest advantage there and I think Bogi may be returning around the Cleveland game if everything goes okay.

I know many are upset about the loss last night, but the Hawks are still in really good position to get a top seed whenever you look at the back-half of their schedule. 

Houston just took Memphis down to the wire..Theyre playing well.....Hawks better not take them lightly.. Magic arent a pushover either..Cole Anthony has been ballin....And I cant see us beating Cleveland or Denver with the way we've been playing defense...But who knows with this team...

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Houston just took Memphis down to the wire..Theyre playing well.....Hawks better not take them lightly.. Magic arent a pushover either..Cole Anthony has been ballin....And I cant see us beating Cleveland or Denver with the way we've been playing defense...But who knows with this team...

Well what's your prediction?   We can revisit these posts after. 

4-1 is the worst I see. You can come back and call me homer if you think we'll actually be worse than that.

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Well what's your prediction?   We can revisit these posts after. 

4-1 is the worst I see. You can come back and call me homer if you think we'll actually be worse than that.

Idk ...I predicted 45-48 wins before the season...So I'm sticking with that.. lol... You just dont know what Hawks team will show up on any giving night..They've been so inconsistent at everything....Especially defensively... I'll be shocked if we beat the Cavs though, even if if theyre on a back to back, because they play hard for 48 min...We stop after 3 quarters... smh. Maybe they're just hungrier than we are at this point...

Edited by terrell

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Idk ...I predicted 45-48 wins before the season...So I'm sticking with that.. lol... You just dont know what Hawks team will show up on any giving night..They've been so inconsistent at everything....Especially defensively... I'll be shocked if we beat the Cavs though, even if if theyre on a back to back, because they play hard for 48 min...We stop after 3 quarters... smh. Maybe they're just hungrier than we are at this point...

Post something positive...lol

Maybe the negative energy you put out is what's causing these losses? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1