• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We're just not gonna talk about the covid outbreak wreaking havoc on the league rn?

Far beyond anything happening before the shutdown.  Hope the Hawks steer clear of it .................................. and take full advantage.  :whistle:

We should be and I hope the Hawks steer clear too! 

They need to start winning on a more consistent basis and I don't mind a few covid related advantages.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

We're just not gonna talk about the covid outbreak wreaking havoc on the league rn?

Far beyond anything happening before the shutdown.  Hope the Hawks steer clear of it .................................. and take full advantage.  :whistle:

Basically everyone is vaccinated. I don't understand why they are still doing this, but whatever.

Looks like the Hawks are getting Travis extended a new GM. Teams are still very interested in Cam Reddish.

https://theathletic.com/3011544/2021/12/13/optimism-for-a-kyrie-irving-return-the-latest-on-ben-simmons-trade-talks-and-more-nba-news-and-notes-inside-pass?source=user-shared-article

Atlanta Hawks

Hawks president of basketball operations Travis Schlenk and members of his front office are expected to receive contract extensions by next offseason, sources said. Assistant general manager Landry Fields is trending toward being promoted to the Hawks’ general manager under Schlenk, those sources added. Schlenk and his staff have built a playoff contender in Atlanta, and after new deals for head coach Nate McMillanJohn Collins and Kevin Huerter, the Hawks’ management is soon to be rewarded for their efforts.

In addition: Rival teams are expressing interest in Hawks swingman Cam Reddish, but those teams believe Atlanta seeks a first-round draft pick for Reddish, sources said. Reddish is averaging career highs across several offensive categories this season, including 11.1 points per game and 37 percent 3-point shooting.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

why would we trade Reddish for a first.  That makes  no sense other than to save having to pay him.   I could see trading him for veteran help maybe.   But even as inconsistent as he's been he's a better prospect than most protected firsts we'd receive.  

You can't blame teams for wanting him but we have no reason to trade him. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You can't blame teams for wanting him but we have no reason to trade him. 

Have you heard any news on the team wanting to move any of our young pieces? 

I was listening to Hoopspaces on twitter and the host said that Jalen Johnson hasn't been happy about being in College Park.  Have you heard anything on that? 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, I truly thought we learned to do that last season. We didn't add anyone really to the rotation. Maybe having a reliable knockdown shooter like Snell as our emergency starter instead of a TLC is the only difference.

With Clint on the floor, we can't afford to have any other non-shooters out there. Teams can load up the paint and force us to take hero shots.

TLC is like Cam to me, where if he is on you want him out there. The other game TLC could not hit from outside, and I'm thinking maybe we should sub in Cam. But then remembered he couldn't scratch from outside that night either. 

Nate has to keep mixing it up though. No reason to stay with guys who are cold when we are desperate for a bucket.

Also, too many times Trae get's subbed in either too late in the 4th, or doesn't take his first shot until we are 2+ scores down and playing catch up. 

This is where Nate can improve. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Have you heard any news on the team wanting to move any of our young pieces? 

I was listening to Hoopspaces on twitter and the host said that Jalen Johnson hasn't been happy about being in College Park.  Have you heard anything on that? 

With interest from Atlanta to move said player. I haven't since the summer time before the draft.

• Thanks 2