• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think it's fair to say any FRP would be "unhappy" about being in the GL.  Not that they should be unhappy as it's not a terrible thing for them necessarily.  But I can get it.

On another note though, I gotta say, once I saw his involvement in that Klutch sports show thingy, I got a sinking feeling some stuff was gonna start coming up related to him.

Hope I'm wrong (for the first time ever in life).

This is true, but I'd like him to keep a positive attitude and bring that effort on the defensive side of the ball in the G league. He's really young and raw and has to learn.

The Klutch show.  I don't think it portrays him in a bad light.  Seems like a 19 year old kid trying to figure things out. I got caught up on that Saturday.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

With interest from Atlanta to move said player. I haven't since the summer time before the draft.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265021/Hawks-Seeking-First-Round-Pick-From-Teams-Interested-In-Cam-Reddish

So it's safe to call BS on this RealGM "article" regarding us wanting a pick for Cam?

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This is true, but I'd like him to keep a positive attitude and bring that effort on the defensive side of the ball in the G league. He's really young and raw and has to learn.

The Klutch show.  I don't think it portrays him in a bad light.  Seems like a 19 year old kid trying to figure things out. I got caught up on that Saturday.

Agreed.  If he'd shown an ability or willingness on defense in the GL, he'd probably already be in the rotation or at least close to it.

On the show, I'm really just referring to the fact that he's doing it.  Not that it necessarily paints him negatively.  I know, I know.  I sound like a curmudgeon.  I just don't like it, in general.  Like Bagley and his rap aspirations before doing any dang thing in the league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, kg01 said:

Agreed.  If he'd shown an ability or willingness on defense in the GL, he'd probably already be in the rotation or at least close to it.

On the show, I'm really just referring to the fact that he's doing it.  Not that it necessarily paints him negatively.  I know, I know.  I sound like a curmudgeon.  I just don't like it, in general.  Like Bagley and his rap aspirations before doing any dang thing in the league.

I don't think they really had a choice.  Seems like it was something Klutch wanted to do to help their rep.

• Like 1

Yeah the show doesn't move the needle one way or another for me. It's reality TV featuring the agency he is a part of. His participation in it is literally them showing him in workouts and bts stuff. It's the same as if NBA.tv decided to do a path to the draft type feature on a handful of prospects. The little that he does speak usually highlights him in a good way. Or shows positive commentary about him from others.

They even mention how Jalen is like the quietest most lowkey of the 6 in his class. You see first hand he is a super chill kid that doesn't get caught up in all the hype and attention. Who also really wants to prove himself.

All good news if you ask me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Pistons website suggesting a trade of Jerami Grant + Josh Jackson for Danilo and either Cam or Hunter:

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2021/12/13/22819744/nba-trade-rumors-detroit-pistons-jerami-grant-myles-turner-nba-trade-season

Baby, your thoughts on this trade idea..

image.gif.eb86b34835b5460b5c0ef161a4efb206.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, Final_quest said:

Would definitely trade Cam for Grant, which is what this trade would end up being.  Danilo comes off the books after this year and likely not resigned.  

I probably would trade Hunter for Grant as well.  

Grant is out for a while....

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Pistons website suggesting a trade of Jerami Grant + Josh Jackson for Danilo and either Cam or Hunter:

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2021/12/13/22819744/nba-trade-rumors-detroit-pistons-jerami-grant-myles-turner-nba-trade-season

Trade one injured guy for another...suuuuure!!!