• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

CAM downgraded to questionable. I wonder if that is due to everyone coming back and not forcing him out there.

Or just to let his ankle heal. He's sprained it twice in a 2.5 week span.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

These are not trades that would make us better.   These are not even brake even trades.   Just stay pat and see what we have when we get most of our guys back healthy.   The Lakers are in Freak out Mode... They may be out of the playoffs in the West.   I want to see us beat them and make them more desperate but not trade with them.  We can give them Bogi.. in the game when he's dropping 27 points on them.   BUt not in trade. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Updated schedule to accommodate the teams that got their games postponed. Let's see how the Hawks get screwed:

1. back to back game Jan 30th and 31st.

2. back to back Mar 3rd and 4th. (The Jan 24 move eliminate a back to back on Jan 23)

3.  Back to back March 30 and 31st

"The Hawks, who were originally slated to face the Cleveland Cavaliers at home on Sunday, Dec. 19, will host the Cavs at State Farm Arena on Thursday, March 31 at 7:30 p.m.

Atlanta’s home game against the Chicago Bulls on Monday, Jan. 24 will move to Thursday, March 3, with tipoff set for 7:00 p.m., while the club’s home contest against the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday, Feb. 1, will now take place on Monday, Jan. 31 at 7:30 p.m.

Fans who purchased tickets to the postponed matches will be able to use their tickets on the new dates.

In addition to the updated schedule, the Hawks’ home matchup against the Phoenix Suns on Thursday, Feb. 3, will now be broadcast nationally on TNT..."

57 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Without him we are really thin at SF, a platoon of TLC and Iwundu? 

Was Iwundu resigned?

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Updated schedule to accommodate the teams that got their games postponed. Let's see how the Hawks get screwed:

1. back to back game Jan 30th and 31st.

2. back to back Mar 3rd and 4th. (The Jan 24 move eliminate a back to back on Jan 23)

3.  Back to back March 30 and 31st

"The Hawks, who were originally slated to face the Cleveland Cavaliers at home on Sunday, Dec. 19, will host the Cavs at State Farm Arena on Thursday, March 31 at 7:30 p.m.

Atlanta’s home game against the Chicago Bulls on Monday, Jan. 24 will move to Thursday, March 3, with tipoff set for 7:00 p.m., while the club’s home contest against the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday, Feb. 1, will now take place on Monday, Jan. 31 at 7:30 p.m.

Fans who purchased tickets to the postponed matches will be able to use their tickets on the new dates.

In addition to the updated schedule, the Hawks’ home matchup against the Phoenix Suns on Thursday, Feb. 3, will now be broadcast nationally on TNT..."

Was Iwundu resigned?

Any insight as to why they are moving the Chicago game in the first place? 

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Probably trying to schedule all the Chicago games that were postponed.

Yep, league has to take care of their babies first. Doesn't even look like they HAD to move our game either.

https://www.bleachernation.com/bulls/2022/01/03/these-five-bulls-games-have-officially-been-rescheduled/

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

If the Hawks do decide to move Bogi, the team I'm looking at is New Orleans. They have most of their picks, wiggle room below the lux tax next year, a sizable expiring in Satoransky ($10M), and a desire to improve quickly.

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Denver?

Bogi and Lou for Monte Morris and Will Barton. Fix the backup PG position for the next 3 years and add another scorer off the bench for this season. Barton can be moved in offseason.

He's not saying and I'm not completely buying this. I think he got it from someone who read that article and tried to pass it off as insider info. I usually vet before posting but jumped the gun.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Sounds like Travis might be making changes soon.

Sounds like he's making more offseason plans than pulling the trigger soon but what do i know.   I just can't imagine anything we can do other than get a backup PG in here that will make a big difference.  Our problem has mostly been health.   It's fine to be disappointed but there's a reason guys like Wright, TLC, Lou, Dieng were so easily available.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, mrhonline said:

If the Hawks do decide to move Bogi, the team I'm looking at is New Orleans. They have most of their picks, wiggle room below the lux tax next year, a sizable expiring in Satoransky ($10M), and a desire to improve quickly.

What would be the point??

Addition by subtraction?  Cap fixing trades??

We're not in that union anymore Mr. H.    That's that Loser talk stuff.   We're in a bad time right now but we're a very good team when we're healthy.   Let's have some patience and if a good trade comes up.. one that clearly makes us better then we can be about it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Sounds like he's making more offseason plans than pulling the trigger soon but what do i know.   I just can't imagine anything we can do other than get a backup PG in here that will make a big difference.  Our problem has mostly been health.   It's fine to be disappointed but there's a reason guys like Wright, TLC, Lou, Dieng were so easily available.  

He referenced smaller trades like the Rondo for Lou trade last season - it's now time to move Lou.  

He did say moving 4/5 players in a mid season trade won't happen.