• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He referenced smaller trades like the Rondo for Lou trade last season - it's now time to move Lou.  

He did say moving 4/5 players in a mid season trade won't happen.

Obviously he knows more than me.  I think moving anyone not in the 'core' other than maybe Gallo is going to be difficult.

Lou almost retired when we traded for him.  Because he was coming home to Georgia, he came on.  If Atlanta tries to trade him now, he probably retires.  Betcha, if we offer him a coaching slot for the remainder of the season and let him retire right now, he would take the offer.  

:sun:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Obviously he knows more than me.  I think moving anyone not in the 'core' other than maybe Gallo is going to be difficult.

I don't see Gallo as a core member.  When we signed him to that 3 year deal - I kept saying, please let the last year be a team option or unguaranteed? The $5 million guarantee said to me we'd have him for 2 years max - hired gun that seems to be shooting blanks lately.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He referenced smaller trades like the Rondo for Lou trade last season - it's now time to move Lou.  

He did say moving 4/5 players in a mid season trade won't happen.

Lou has a no trade clause.  Well Lou has to approve the trade because he signed a one year deal.

• Sad 1

Really wish Lou just rode off into the sunset after the playoffs. I feel like it's an awkward situation with him being one of our only true vets and seemingly a respected mentor. They want his knowledge out there and they also don't wanna risk things turning sour by gluing him to the bench. And he was super dramatic about being traded last season and being in Atlanta is supposedly the only reason he didn't retire. Not sure he has any interest in moving on, but maybe he could be convinced to join a team with a better record if any of them want him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't see Gallo as a core member.  When we signed him to that 3 year deal - I kept saying, please let the last year be a team option or unguaranteed? The $5 million guarantee said to me we'd have him for 2 years max - hired gun that seems to be shooting blanks lately.

Ya, I wouldn’t mind flipping Gallo, he’s great when he’s hot but he’s so putrid when he’s not he kills the team style of play, it’s a lot of pinning his guy on a mismatch for Gallo which is fine but it messes up some of our flow too.

I have a love/hate relationship with Gallo.

10 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Surprised we got nobody out of protocols. JC and JJ are on day 10 tomorrow.

I hope they're not drawn out extra time.

CDC is even  saying you dont even need a negative test to leave quarantine after 5 days if you have no symptoms are your symptoms are resolving...

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

image.gif.fa71b6cb651fec1efba4bd5087360591.gif

Wait, wait ... before last game we had dudes talkin' about how we'd never lose to a short-handed Blazer's team.  I like where ol' terr'l's goin' with this.

@terrell ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ixwla9wmeyni71lffg

I got Haliburton goin' smooth, clean off.  Anyone else?

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e477tk2avac9t24jx7xi

And while we're on the Kings, how in the natural F does Giles not get a call as a 10-day at least?  That dude played with force and attitude every time I saw him.  What're we missin', you ax?  Players that play with force and attitude.  Put 2 'n 2 together, Schlenk!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, wait ... before last game we had dudes talkin' about how we'd never lose to a short-handed Blazer's team.  I like where ol' terr'l's goin' with this.

@terrell ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ixwla9wmeyni71lffg

I got Haliburton goin' smooth, clean off.  Anyone else?

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e477tk2avac9t24jx7xi

And while we're on the Kings, how in the natural F does Giles not get a call as a 10-day at least?  That dude played with force and attitude every time I saw him.  What're we missin', you ax?  Players that play with force and attitude.  Put 2 'n 2 together, Schlenk!

Hali, Fox, or Mitchell will have a career night....

We should start Delon at the 2 with Trae imo..At leasst he can defend the perimeter..

If its Trae/Huerter one of those guys might get a 40 burger..

Trae/Delon/Cam in the backcourt is our only hope.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hali, Fox, or Mitchell will have a career night....

Plus Trae may miss a shot then NBA fans will go crazy about how great(sic) Mitchell's defense is.

He'll get 25 and folks'll be touting Mitchell as DPOY 'cause he cut(sic) Trae's output in half from his last game. 🙄