• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

15 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

This is the only thing I see Nate doing:

Atlanta Hawks Name Nate McMillan Assistant Coach | Atlanta Hawks

If it wasn't for LP, we never would have seen what Knight and Mays could do last season. Nate has not shown any effort in sneaking in some meaningful minutes for young guys.

Not with injuries, not with us playing flat and needing a lift. Nothing.

You can't give me a good reason JJ isn't seeing the court with JC out these next few games. There is no excuse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

While OKC is just starting their rebuild, at some point, they will either move SGA or Giddey for a star like SAC did. Maybe it's not next year but 2024, I could see OKC start to make a push to trying to win. 

Been saying I think theyll move SGA instead of Giddey..

• Moderators

Giddey plays just like Trae actually but with more size.  

Man how many assists does the guy get if OKC doesn't brick all those shots.   Should have had 20.

Sure hope we see Mays or Cooper tonight with Wright out.   Probably a heavy dose of Lou instead.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Giddey plays just like Trae actually but with more size.  

Man how many assists does the guy get if OKC doesn't brick all those shots.   Should have had 20.

Funny how no one cares that Giddey had 7 TOs though, lol.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Johnson went under the screen, yes. But his length allowed him to recover faster than most and certainly better than the majority of the Hawks options on the wings. He finished that game with 17 points and five rebounds.

This is something the Hawks could certainly use more of. It especially shows why they need him with Collins sidelined. They will miss his ability to switch on the front line if Danilo Gallinari starts and will lose shooting if and when Onyeka Okongwu sees time at the four spot, something he has only done sparingly to this point in the season.

Johnson allows the Hawks to keep De’Andre Hunter at small forward and away from bigger bodies as he too is an injury-risk meaning playing him up a spot isn’t ideal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Latest Schlenk Interview from this morning:

Travis Schlenk: Season unlike any other - The Morning Show w/ John and Hugh - Omny.fm

"I've been in the NBA for 26 years, been on some really good teams and some really bad teams, but I don't know that I've been on a team that lost 10 straight home games in a row. I don't think I've been on a team that had multiple seven game winning streaks and multiple five game losing streaks," says Schlenk. "Up and down, it's tough to figure out. We've seen this team go on runs this year and last year and hopefully we can get it started tonight, get on a run here, and secure on of those spots in the postseason."

We sometimes play like two separate teams in the same game!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Capela and OO on D should be a menace on D for opponents. I hope Cap was very much referring to himself as well. You know all those years with Harden may have paid off in “get a new contract and coast” theory.

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm as pissed off as anyone but can we stop with the rookies stuff?  They're not gonna help fix what the problems are.

Keep that energy come draft time. Why even get excited about picks if we are no longer playing rookies just because?

JJ is our 3rd string PF. Our 1st string PF is out for an extended period. We could use another body getting spot minutes at the 4. This isn't hoping he turns our season around, this is pointing out if there was ever an excuse to let him get minutes, now would be the time.

Or maybe you prefer waiting for Gallo's sore knees to act up before we are forced to throw JJ out there with zero chemistry with the main rotation.

It wouldn't hurt to get him out there some right now

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Keep that energy come draft time. Why even get excited about picks if we are no longer playing rookies just because?

JJ is our 3rd string PF. Our 1st string PF is out for an extended period. We could use another body getting spot minutes at the 4. This isn't hoping he turns our season around, this is pointing out if there was ever an excuse to let him get minutes, now would be the time.

Or maybe you prefer waiting for Gallo's sore knees to act up before we are forced to throw JJ out there with zero chemistry with the main rotation.

It wouldn't hurt to get him out there some right now

Want to play him?  Sure, I'm with it.  Act as if he's gonna fix what ails us?  No

Folks are doing the latter.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Want to play him?  Sure, I'm with it.  Act as if he's gonna fix what ails us?  No

Folks are doing the latter.

I'm definitely in the "play him to give him a chance to earn some time to develop him for next year" camp and not the "I expect him to step in and be a big positive impact on the team right now" group.  My interest is from the player development side rather than maximizing our chances to win any individual game.  I wouldn't want JJ to tank the team either so if he shows he can't handle it and is a complete liability then you keep him playing in the G-League.  I do acknowledge that the staff may have determined that the latter scenario is so likely that they don't want to try it but despite the negative impact most rookies have, most teams manage to find a lot more time for their first rounds picks.

• Like 2

It's obvious why the Lakers are on TV all the time.  Same with the Bulls.
But some real curiosities here.
Lakers rule Florida instead of the Heat?
The Hornets are the favorite team of  ...  Montana!?