• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Visual evidence

No idea where the Skyhawks thread went.

Sharife was attacking basket. His form on his three point shot is so much better than his college days. Glad to see he and Jalen making strides.

My takeaway from the clip was his patience to wait for the play to develop. Most young cats are eager to attack too early. I like it.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

A very interesting look at what it takes to "make it".

I like the irony of this message coming through an actor who has been umm....shall we say not fully invested in his craft for the last decade.  Given the number of his projects that are basically well-paid vacations for himself and his buddies rather than anything focused on quality, watching Sandler preaching about pure dedication and love of the game takes me out of the moment in a meta sense.

In fairness to him, he has appeared to be fully invested in some of these dramas and looks like this might be another.  Rather than Jack and Jill, the Ridiculous 6, the Do-Over, etc.

I'm hoping more for a message than an actor here.  Average fans really don't understand what it takes for most of these athletes to be where they are.  The travel ball circuit alone drives 1/2 the kids in it out after only a few years. The commitment to being a real pro is unreal. What they have to do to their bodies, every day, every night. Most people don't understand that level of commitment. For the average guy coming out of college at 19, he's been a basketball player 1st since age 7 and a son, student, friend, person 2nd.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, bleachkit said:

He's Trae 2.0 because of a G league game? He's proven nothing. 

Do you not understand hyperbole?

And we have seen Sharife have multiple high scoring/assist games. 

Trae Jr, Poor Man's Trae, Trae Light, Light Ice, etc...

the point was, he can control the pace of a game, score inside and out (mid range still in progress), run a mean pick and roll, and does it in a similar size body frame as Trae. He is still developing, but one day could be the perfect backup to the original Ice.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I want somebody to dunk on Rick Barry. 

Does your GSW hate go back that far? Or you just randomly thought of Rick Barry?

Anywho, maybe this guy would accommodate you.

• Like 1