• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Can somebody explain the Hornets to me?  I'm told they're super talented and, of course, Ball >>>>>>>>>>>>> Trae in every way (or so I've been told).  Why dey suck?

Hornets are 26-22 with Gordon Hayward healthy, 4-10 without him (Really 4-11 as he was injured after only 6 minutes in his last game)

I'm thinking that's the main reason for their struggles. (They are actually 4-3 without Lamelo this season fyi)

Same thing with last season, they were 24-20 with Hayward, 9-19 without, but still 10-10 without Lamelo (5-9 without both)

So Hayward's presence has a much greater impact on their record for sure compared to Lamelo who is allegedly their "best" player.

So, just like with us, it's hard to overcome an injury to your 1st or 2nd best player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Hornets are 26-22 with Gordon Hayward healthy, 4-10 without him (Really 4-11 as he was injured after only 6 minutes in his last game)

I'm thinking that's the main reason for their struggles. (They are actually 4-3 without Lamelo this season fyi)

Same thing with last season, they were 24-20 with Hayward, 9-19 without, but still 10-10 without Lamelo (5-9 without both)

So Hayward's presence has a much greater impact on their record for sure compared to Lamelo who is allegedly their "best" player.

So, just like with us, it's hard to overcome an injury to your 1st or 2nd best player.

I would go with that and I would also say...

They are where they are because they have been the healthiest of the unhealthy East.

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Actually, I think guys are making more mistakes than last year.  Hunter's defense wasn't this bad last year.   Dudes are just going directly into the lane on us.   Why because Kev can't hold his man.  Hunter can't hold his man.  Trae is not going to step into the lane too many more times... and it all pulls Clint out of position.  OO plays mostly on the second team.  He has a very good on ball defender in Delon... and Bogi plays like he gives a little bit of a damn... and this year Gallo has been playing like it's a contract year. 

I was screaming for Trae/Delon for a while.

Hes so much better perimeter defender than Kev.

You cant really play Delon, Clint, and Hunter together though..Talk about a stale offense.. lol 

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s the best. Worked so great I almost used it on my crackling bones 🦴:laugh1:

Spud:  Not the WD40, the gas saving gizmo that they are advertising.  I suppose no one has tried it.  If you have, please report.

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I hope this is the right decision for him barring no long term complications.

Un-freakin-believable. SMDH...This makes no sense particularly since the game is not even in Atlanta.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Un-freakin-believable. SMDH...This makes no sense particularly since the game is not even in Atlanta.

Agreed, it’s a big game but I’d definitely sit him tonight. We should bring him back against the Bulls on Thursday.

Odd decision, I mean unless he’s truly 100%. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sucks for Hawks fans.  Also a backhanded slap at the Celtics broadcasters that TNT isn't threatened by them taking a big share of the viewership.

• Like 1

An

injury report for tomorrow’s game vs. Chicago:

Lou Williams (left hip discomfort): Probable

Trae Young (left ankle sprain): Questionable

John Collins (right foot strain): Doubtful

Onyeka Okongwu (NBA concussion protocol): Out

smh.......

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

And of course Lou Will will be back if Trae is out so Nate wont have to play Skylar or Rife..... lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2