• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Anyone watching this Jazz Mavs game? 

@NBASupes I don't know how anyone can watch this game and not see Gobert's value.  The guy even makes his free throws

Not watching.  Whats he doing?

They're only up by like 7 over a mavs team missing their best player.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not watching.  Whats he doing?

They're only up by like 7 over a mavs team missing their best player.

Forcing a ton of bad shots over and over... both actively and passively.  If the rest of this defense wasn't complete dooky, this jazz team would be scary

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Forcing a ton of bad shots over and over... both actively and passively.  If the rest of this defense wasn't complete dooky, this jazz team would be scary

Just as i said that he locked up a wing on the perimeter who could not get past gobert, got stuck in the paint with no dribble, and the jazz defense left bullock wide open for 3

• Premium Member

Man, Mitchell is a chucker... reminds me of Garland last night.  They do not utilize Rudy at all on offense.  The guards on Utah basically use him for second chances.  Every time he rolls to the basket, they chuck away and hope he can grab offensive boards lmao

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

Capella has been incredible lately as well. I don't think anyone is questioning the impact of Gobert, we are questioning whether he is so much better than Capela that we should pay him double. Also, what pieces would realistically take to get Gobert?

One thing I'm noticing though, Gobert never even touches the ball on offense. They don't even try to get him the ball. I definitely wonder how good he would be next to an elite 1-5 passer like Trae.

Yeah, I understand he's expensive.  I think if you want to build a contender you need multiple guys that are elite at different parts of the game and pieces that fit.  Utah has some good offensive players but no one great.  Gobert would eat playing with Trae -- I don't really have any doubts his offense would open up with Trae and his defense is already top 1 in the league at the most important position.

It's a nice thought experiment but I have no idea if he would even be available or what the price tag would be.  I do think he's a big upgrade from Capela though.  And there's not another elite player that would fit better into what we do.  I think there are probably other pieces that are better but if we were to land Gobert or Mitchell from the Jazz (I've seen Mitchell throw around), I would MUCH rather have Gobert

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Capella has been incredible lately as well. I don't think anyone is questioning the impact of Gobert, we are questioning whether he is so much better than Capela that we should pay him double. Also, what pieces would it realistically take to get Gobert?

One thing I'm noticing though, Gobert never even touches the ball on offense. They don't even try to get him the ball. I definitely wonder how good he would be next to an elite 1-5 passer like Trae.

This^....all this.

Mitchell leaves me scratching my head with some of the things he does :er:

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

ESPN has lost their play by play so the studio guys are commenting on the game....it's horrible. It's all Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja....meanwhile his team is down by 8 at the 1/4, :er:

What a shock. The Griz go +12 with Ja on the bench. 

There's a joke for @kg01 here for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

ESPN has lost their play by play so the studio guys are commenting on the game....it's horrible. It's all Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja....meanwhile his team is down by 8 at the 1/4, :er:

Typical. Watching his team tie the game up AFTER he goes to the bench confirms what many on here have already posted.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's not on Ja, Memphis bench is amazing and Minnesota bench is decent at best. 

Exactly right.  Its NOT on Ja.  His team is superb.  Them winning is definitely NOT on him.

I see what you were doing there, supes. 😉

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know how they can't see it. Its so obvious 

I have to say that he is so under utilized there. He sealed his man every time down the floor. Trae would have 20 assists to him. Utah never passed him the ball.

I'm not against Gobert. I just don't think the salary and slight increase in production is worth 15+ million.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In fairness, MEM is playing losing ball by playing Ja too many minutes.  Check his +/-.

If the Grizzlies do right by themselves and sit Morant, they've got this in the bag.

Ja will be often injured. He's just flinging his body into people.  

Edwards has been locking him down.

• Like 3