• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, terrell said:

This also works on trade machine.. For whoever liked CJ and Ben.. lol

Hawks Get:

B. Simmons

CJ McCollum

2 - Second Round Picks (from whoever)

Sixers Get:

John Collins

D. Gallinari

E. Bledsoe

2 First Round Picks (from Hawks)

Blazers Get:

T. Harris

Bogi

Jalen Johnson

1 lottery protected First Round pick (from Hawks)

I like it. That's actually a viable trade with believable outcomes for all teams. Good job. 

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

I like it. That's actually a viable trade with believable outcomes for all teams. Good job. 

It actually isn't a bad trade. I still would not want CJ though. Even with Ben on the team we would have a starting backcourt that couldn't defend. You can't win in the playoffs with that. Hell, with how much the East has improved you might not MAKE the playoffs with that.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It actually isn't a bad trade. I still would not want CJ though. Even with Ben on the team we would have a starting backcourt that couldn't defend. You can't win in the playoffs with that. Hell, with how much the East has improved you might not MAKE the playoffs with that.

OK but CJ can flat out get buckets.Legit number 2 scorer. He's not as nearly streaky as Bogi. He can flat out get buckets most every night.  Has never averaged less than 20 PPG in a season and career  40% from three. That doesnt grow on trees. Then you add what Ben Simmons brings with his elite defense and playmaking. I'm gonna have to roll the dice on that trade. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

OK but CJ can flat out get buckets.Legit number 2 scorer. He's not as nearly streaky as Bogi. He can flat out get buckets most every night.  Has never averaged less than 20 PPG in a season and career  40% from three. That doesnt grow on trees. Then you add what Ben Simmons brings with his elite defense and playmaking. I'm gonna have to roll the dice on that trade. 

We would give up more points than we can score. CJ can't defend his position and has never been able to do it. You can hide one guy on defense but not two. I agree that CJ can score buckets which is why he's still in the NBA but his defense is terrible.

We've already seen what a CJ/offensive PG that can't defend backcourt can do. I don't want to repeat that with an older and slower CJ in Atlanta. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We would give up more points than we can score. CJ can't defend his position and has never been able to do it. You can hide one guy on defense but not two. I agree that CJ can score buckets which is why he's still in the NBA but his defense is terrible.

We've already seen what a CJ/offensive PG that can't defend backcourt can do. I don't want to repeat that with an older and slower CJ in Atlanta. 

Ok but we are getting Ben Simmons in this trade. One of the most versatile and gifted defenders in the NBA. Have CJ come off the bench then. No way can you say no to this trade. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ok but we are getting Ben Simmons in this trade. One of the most versatile and gifted defenders in the NBA. Have CJ come off the bench then. No way can you say no to this trade. 

I'm in it only for the Ben part of the trade. I truly do believe Trae/Ben would terrorize the NBA.

Just now, Sothron said:

I'm in it only for the Ben part of the trade. I truly do believe Trae/Ben would terrorize the NBA.

This trade makes sense for Philly because they get a really nice player in John Collins, but they also find a taker for Harris's contract. Now they have cap space to sign Harden if he opts out. 

Hey y'all...

🏀 On this day: In 1986, Atlanta Hawks player Spud Webb won the NBA slam dunk contest. At 5’7”, Webb was one of the sport’s shortest players, but still bested his 6’8” teammate and 1985 winner Dominique Wilkins.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/spud-webb-wins-dunk-contest 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Not disagreeing with you.. But is he any worse than Huerter? lol...  Guards blow by Kev like he's stuck in mud...

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

CJ McCollum joining the hawks does not help them reach the ultimate goal. It just helps them get to the playoffs (if even that cause they won't stop anybody). It is a horrible move and one that gets you stuck in mediocrity 

Well I'd rather have a guy like Gary Trent Jr, Dillon Brooks, or Desmond Bane(who I mocked to the Hawks in a trade down w Celtics.), but unfortunately neither are available.. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, terrell said:

This also works on trade machine.. For whoever liked CJ and Ben.. lol

Hawks Get:

B. Simmons

CJ McCollum

2 - Second Round Picks (from whoever)

Sixers Get:

John Collins

D. Gallinari

E. Bledsoe

2 First Round Picks (from Hawks)

Blazers Get:

T. Harris

Bogi

Jalen Johnson

1 lottery protected First Round pick (from Hawks)

Collins, Gallo, Bogi, Jalen and 3 1st round picks???  That's an overpay it totality.

McCulum is a negative contract.  Portland is trying to cut salary for next season why would they want Harris an even worse contract than McCullum and Bogi? That's an additional $19 million in guarantees for next season.

• Thanks 1

Satoransky moved a 2nd time.

Feb. 9: Jazz acquire players in a three-team trade

utah.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Utah Jazz get:
Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Juancho Hernangomez

sa.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

San Antonio Spurs get:
Tomas Satoransky
Second-round pick

por.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true