• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

Luka cookinFireFire

Why is Trae tweeting this after they just spanked us with their G League squad?
I hate this generation.. smh
13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Nets lose 10th straight. :dance: Their misery is my pleasure. :laugh1:

But we dont need Wizards winning either.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sturt said:

You sly dog. You're funny even when you don't seem to mean to be.

I’m old too so that helps, I mean a bit younger than the OH OO OG’s (see what I did there..) but you have to consider wear n tear. #bullets4ever #unseldoutlet 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Our problem is the Raptors and Celtics are streaking.   In the good way.   It's hard to imagine we'll be able to climb above 8th although I think the Raptors will fall to earth at some point when Nurse wears them down. 

The Raptors are the Knicks from last season.  They play their starters playoff minutes and they get wins.  Although, the Raptors future is much brighter than the Knicks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The Raptors are the Knicks from last season.  They play their starters playoff minutes and they get wins.  Although, the Raptors future is much brighter than the Knicks. 

I agree to an extent but we'll have a much harder time with them in the playoffs than the Knicks because the Raptors #1 isn't easily manipulated and their PG doesn't have 50 year old's knees.  

To your point though the Raps aren't getting out of the second round even if they get there. 

26 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This is a notable observation.  Knix won regular season games because most teams check out on random Tuesdays (not cool but iiwii).  NYK took advantage of playing hard in those moments when other teams didn't.  Once the playoff started, and everybody was playing with max effort, talent took over.

I give the cRpats credit that they'll be able to fare better than NYK did.  But it's fair to suggest they'll be worn down.  Ibaka was a good pickup but, let's be honest, that dude was over the hill 3 years ago.  All he does these days is not play so ....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is a notable observation.  Knix won regular season games because most teams check out on random Tuesdays (not cool but iiwii).  NYK took advantage of playing hard in those moments when other teams didn't.  Once the playoff started, and everybody was playing with max effort, talent took over.

I give the cRpats credit that they'll be able to fare better than NYK did.  But it's fair to suggest they'll be worn down.  Ibaka was a good pickup but, let's be honest, that dude was over the hill 3 years ago.  All he does these days is not play so ....

Ibaka went to Milwaukee unless I missed something.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I thought Ibaka went to Milwaukee. 

To clarify, ultimately, I believe the Raptors are a better constructed team than last year's Knicks and have a higher upside in the playoffs.  Not contenders by far, but not first round fodder either. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

At this point we are trying to pass the teams in front of us. If we do that we don't have to worry about the ones behind us. 

Exactly. That's why I'm still peeved over the lethargic play that let some very winnable games slip away. Those losses to Dallas and Toronto were infuriating. That win over the Pacers was supposed to get the Hawks over .500 instead of them still hovering below that mark. It's like they let off the gas after they got that 10th spot.

• Like 3

Raptors remind me of the Ferry-era Hawks. Well constructed and well coached team that has a couple of All Star level go-to guys who can win you games in the regular season, but lack that next gear come playoff time. As stated, they win on effort and execution during the grueling regular season.

Organizationally speaking, they have a great talent development system and find guys who fit their culture, not relying on splashy FA signings or rebuilding for high draft picks. This creates sustainable competitiveness  year in and out. They were able to capture lightning in a bottle when they happened upon Kawhi, and they are poised to do the same thing if the opportunity arises again. In the meantime, they will continue to make the playoffs, and go home empty. The purgatory that we decided to escape.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1