• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hey I take back what I said about the Nix having national TV games.  Them dudes are must. watch.

A rolling clown show train wreck.  Who can turn away from that?

All this talk about how we broke Ben Simmons and ended “The Process” in Philly, but nobody ever mentions how we exposed Julius Randle in the playoffs and essentially broke the Knicks franchise as well.

I mean we straight up disrespected those dudes from game 1 “it’s quiet as F in here”, to Clint going full WWE mode predicting we would win and send them on vacation, to Trae sabotaging their fans farewell ovation with a disrespectful bomb 3, Logo bow and wave goodbye to the crowd.

I understand we had to move on to the next series and stay focused, but I can’t recall a team ever just straight up snatching the heart and soul from an entire franchise and fanbase the way we did.

Knicks look ok tonight, but we knocked them all the way back down to humble beginnings and they have not recovered since.

All I know is March 22, daddy’s finally coming back home.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

All this talk about how we broke Ben Simmons and ended “The Process” in Philly, but nobody ever mentions how we exposed Julius Randle in the playoffs and essentially broke the Knicks franchise as well.

I mean we straight up disrespected those dudes from game 1 “it’s quiet as F in here”, to Clint going full WWE mode predicting we would win and send them on vacation, to Trae sabotaging their fans farewell ovation with a disrespectful bomb 3, Logo bow and wave goodbye to the crowd.

I understand we had to move on to the next series and stay focused, but I can’t recall a team ever just straight up snatching the heart and soul from an entire franchise and fanbase the way we did.

Knicks look ok tonight, but we knocked them all the way back down to humble beginnings and they have not recovered since.

We certainly exposed Randle and the Knicks but even if we hadn't and they beat us I don't think that changes anything for them, so I don't think it's fair to say we "broke" them. 

Reason Knicks suck is: Randle was clearly a guy having a "fluke" contract year season last year. Odds of him suddenly becoming a perennial sharp shooting all star after basically being an average player with no jumper consistently for 6 straight seasons were slim. His performance in the playoffs should have been all the proof they needed he wasn't "that" guy but then again what options did the Knicks have? It was their first playoff season in forever and there was no guy they were gonna bring in to replace him so they kinda got stuck with him. Now he's worse than he's ever been after getting paid, and his body language screams "lol IDGAF"

2) None of their young players have developed the way they hoped. Mitch Robinson, Quickley, and ofcourse RJ Barret, all projected to take step forwards... none have. 

3) No D-Rose. He was really every bit as important to the Knicks as Julius Randle was last year (definitely their MVP in our series). 

4) The rest of the East is night and day better than last year (this has impacted us too)

I don't think us beating them really impacts any of these things IMO. I don't think we "broke" Randle... just another example of many in NBA history of guys pulling out all the stops in their contract seasons getting paid and then mailing it in. I think Thibs should get some blame for the lack of development of the young guys, and of course banking on D-Rose who is one of the most injury prone players around and at his age was never going to be sustainable. 

• Like 1

NBA;  This morning, three teams in a virtual tie for 8-9-10th place in the east.  Hawks are one of these.

HIGH SCHOOL:  3/7/22 Hayesville boys won (A) the western half of North Carolins basketball when they defeated Winston Salem prep.  Upcoming Saturday night They play for the state championship!

So you see, this old man has two things he's excited about.  The Pistons await tonight.  Winning NBA games now can really lift up Atlanta.  Losing can be terrible.  We are in the "MUST WIN" portion of the season.

:sun:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47xkqq98oumh9d6swm7

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Creepy?  Hold my beer ....

"If lovin' @RedDawg#8 is wrong, I don't wanna be right." - Ken doll

🤠

Ya I’ve seen you warming up to Dawg and Daddy, before that, sending personal IM’s with kCamp about news outlets… pppffftttttt yeaaaa right! News outlets, why don’t you just come out and say it!!!

You’re forming an alliance with the axis and heading out of dodge!!!!! :angry2: 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

… take me with you. :indifferent:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I’ve seen you warming up to Dawg and Daddy, before that, sending personal IM’s with kCamp about news outlets… pppffftttttt yeaaaa right! News outlets, why don’t you just come out and say it!!!

You’re forming an alliance with the axis and heading out of dodge!!!!! :angry2: 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

… take me with you. :indifferent:

I learned about making alliances from some guy in an awesome bucket hat. 😏

And of course we were gonna take you with us.  Your allegiance is implied.  We don't need to sell you on it like them other bums.

And, to add some basketball news, it a shame Jarrett Allen broke a finger and is out indefinitely.  I don't wish injury on any player but certainly not him.  Seems like a pretty decent kid.

Buuuuuuuuuttttt ..... we are sorta tryna catch the Cavs so his absence doesn't hurt that effort.  No matter how feeble it may end up being due to lack of time to catch up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

And, to add some basketball news, it a shame Jarrett Allen broke a finger and is out indefinitely.  I don't wish injury on any player but certainly not him.  Seems like a pretty decent kid.

Oh I missed this. Ya that dude is legit. They were trending downward in the last month or so but this one hurts? How long he out? Helps us ya but no injury for all for sure.

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh I missed this. Ya that dude is legit. They were trending downward in the last month or so but this one hurts? How long he out? Helps us ya but no injury for all for sure.

Tweets just says 'indefinitely' so probably out for a while.  If it was just the typical 4-6 weeks or w/e, I feel like the report would've said so.

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This an interesting tidbit. 

We're giant killers, baybee.  Show up vs the caliber of teams we'll be facing in the Trae-offs.

Them guys won't know what hit 'em 'til they're down 2-0 heading to the A for game 3.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47vf1kf9v4puc82w6yo1

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ken doll

That ain’t Ken btw, not the one…my friend had! That guy had darker hair and he came with an extra outfit if you bought the car 🚘 set… :indifferent: 

That’s what I remember him telling me. :huh:

If we win tonight that’ll be 3 in a row. (hawks related news 🗞) {streaking gif}

ps I don’t care how hard the Pistons play or whatever the case, we need to pound them early and often and give the bench more minutes and the starters a blow.

Maybe get Jalen some burn 🔥. Would be ideal if we are up 20 or so.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

We certainly exposed Randle and the Knicks but even if we hadn't and they beat us I don't think that changes anything for them, so I don't think it's fair to say we "broke" them. 

Reason Knicks suck is: Randle was clearly a guy having a "fluke" contract year season last year. Odds of him suddenly becoming a perennial sharp shooting all star after basically being an average player with no jumper consistently for 6 straight seasons were slim. His performance in the playoffs should have been all the proof they needed he wasn't "that" guy but then again what options did the Knicks have? It was their first playoff season in forever and there was no guy they were gonna bring in to replace him so they kinda got stuck with him. Now he's worse than he's ever been after getting paid, and his body language screams "lol IDGAF"

2) None of their young players have developed the way they hoped. Mitch Robinson, Quickley, and ofcourse RJ Barret, all projected to take step forwards... none have. 

3) No D-Rose. He was really every bit as important to the Knicks as Julius Randle was last year (definitely their MVP in our series). 

4) The rest of the East is night and day better than last year (this has impacted us too)

I don't think us beating them really impacts any of these things IMO. I don't think we "broke" Randle... just another example of many in NBA history of guys pulling out all the stops in their contract seasons getting paid and then mailing it in. I think Thibs should get some blame for the lack of development of the young guys, and of course banking on D-Rose who is one of the most injury prone players around and at his age was never going to be sustainable. 

2.  I don't think it's their young players development more than Randle's decline and Rose not being available.   Barret is a player... and Mitchell, Quickley, and Grimes are all coming along.  However that's a smaller part of their success picture. 

4.  Cleveland, Miami, and Chicago are better.   You have declines (for whatever reason) everywhere else.    Us and Milwaukee is more about injury than ability. 

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

This makes a lot of sense.  It sure feels like we've had the most soul crushing losses to teams we should have beat.  So if we are winning against playoff teams, it sure means we are losing to nonplayoff teams.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

That ain’t Ken btw, not the one…my friend had! That guy had darker hair and he came with an extra outfit if you bought the car 🚘 set… :indifferent: 

That’s what I remember him telling me. :huh:

Pretty sure that is "Toy Story" Ken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/6/2022 at 7:10 AM, Diesel said:

@Threezus   You are correct.   The question is not productivity...  It's contract. 

I look at Clint/OO as a Package Deal.

Right now... Clint/OO  = 1.  Clint  2. OO.   However, as Clint declines and OO rises, I expect it to be 1.  OO 2. Clint.   Just in time to Extend OO. 

OO is not going to want to stay here being BU to Ayton. 

But that's another matter.

Ayton's camp Balked at 5 yrs 150 Million.   They wanted at the very least 5 years 172.5 Million and Closer to 207 Million.  If we traded for him,  we're talking Clint + Hunter  or Clint + OO to get him via SNT.....

But let's say Travis was creative and Got Ayton for Clint Alone...

if we then had to turn around and pay him....  Even at 25 Million.  I don't see the production as meaning that much on the floor.   Not  7 Million more than what Clint brings.  Honestly, there are bigger needs.  I think our wings need more attention than C right now.   But I don't know... maybe his ability to hit shots from high post can be helpful to our offense. 

That would be the biggest bet in the world though. 

So me and you see this pretty much the same as we don't think Clint is better really although he's not THAT MUCH WORSE right now.  But Ayton for sure is better overall as a player probably,  But the problem we both agreed with is the contract and thinking he is not max contract + giving up  OO or Hunter and maybe a 1st better than Clint and not double clints pay almost better. 

If this was for someone like KAT or Gobert i would be more willing to make a trade and give more money as i think they are both better star Centers than Capela is.  But ayton isn't a super significant upgrade that warrants a max contract + players and picks over Clint.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, marco102 said:

....and here we Go. Why? I don't get it. They haven't been good all year to think they can just show up and the other team will fold. SMDH!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1