• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

NATE:  You can bring Jalen Johnson back is you wish. Travis.  I'll not let him on the floor with my veterans.  I'd rather lose games and lose the opportunity to make the playoffs.

Ain't no rookies going to mess up my rotations.  They are all set.  

😜

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 3/13/2022 at 9:44 AM, Dexmethylphenidate said:

I think it would be a better format where it's just one game, so 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9. If the former, win they get 7th and if the latter wins they get 8th spot. 

It would be really unfair to a 7 seed to have a single game to make the playoffs versus a team with a far inferior record at the 10th seed.  Look at the west right now -- Timberwolves 41-30 at 7 seed and Pelicans at 28-41.  IMO Pels don't deserve a chance at all into the playoffs at that record, much less a single game where they can make a 12 game difference up in a single game.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It would be really unfair to a 7 seed to have a single game to make the playoffs versus a team with a far inferior record at the 10th seed.  Look at the west right now -- Timberwolves 41-30 at 7 seed and Pelicans at 28-41.  IMO Pels don't deserve a chance at all into the playoffs at that record, much less a single game where they can make a 12 game difference up in a single game.

Maybe tweak the format so that the 10th seed must be within 6 games of the 7th seed, or something like that.  If only 9 teams are eligible, then the 7th seed gets a bye and 8 and 9 play for 8th.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Maybe tweak the format so that the 10th seed must be within 6 games of the 7th seed, or something like that.  If only 9 teams are eligible, then the 7th seed gets a bye and 8 and 9 play for 8th.

I thought there was already something like this. 

With JC gone, Nate has to get creative and change the offensive scheme (if we ever had one I’m not sure). Maybe more pick and pops with Gallo and less pick and rolls to the basket. 

If Nate doesn’t make some type of offensive adjustments then I’m gonna be very worried. 

Man, we jumped on Nate too early. He showed us a sample size of 28-11 and we gave him 4 years!!! 

Nate, you are up man, spotlight is on you.

Do something… anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

In our remaining 13 games (6 home; 7 road) we have to go 8-5 to get to 42-40 to finish with a winning season. 

We were 41-31 last year but after the playoff run we had it felt like we had a 55 game regular season or around there.

We have Trae, we have a chance. Trae isn’t going away quietly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2022 at 6:25 PM, Sothron said:

Just put Collins on the IR rest of the season and potential playoffs. Need him to stay healthy for offseason trade.

Man, I was just thinking.  What if they had made a Simmons trade giving up Collins?  Simmons is damaged goods, apparently.  That would've been ugly for us.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Man, I was just thinking.  What if they had made a Simmons trade giving up Collins?  Simmons is damaged goods, apparently.  That would've been ugly for us.

Those who thought Simmons was a good idea, I kept trying to warnem! How bout the ones that thought the Nets would run away with it cuz they got Ben and sCurry’s better half. :sarcastic:oops. Same with the Suxers they ain’t goin nowhere near the finals.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Those who thought Simmons was a good idea, I kept trying to warnem! How bout the ones that thought the Nets would run away with it cuz they got Ben and sCurry’s better half. :sarcastic:oops. Same with the Suxers they ain’t goin nowhere near the finals.

Yeah, hehe.  Who thought the Nets would excel?  Hehe .... nobody look at my posting history. 

Seriously though, I now see MIL back to the Finals.  Basically looks like nobody else wants it.

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's damaged goods because he strained his back? It's not supposed to be a major injury. 

49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I now see MIL back to the Finals. 

Ya I said this when they got Ibaka. Teams made drastic moves. Last team to do that and win was Rockets Drexler 95 and I’m sorry Harden ain’t Drexler come at me O stat young guns I don’t even care. :boxing: duck jab duck cross uh uh uh

• Like 1