• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Considering the spectacular failure the Simmons acquisition has been for BKN ............... anybody else still for grabbing him via trade this offseason?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47wi1vxug8j4gehmjvu7

Come on, guys.  Price has gotta be more palatable and he'd have all offseason to get over the yips ... er, the back injury.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47gd4509azig8rtrnb34

And, listen, @bleachkit may come in here claiming I called Simmons "damaged" "goods" just last week but ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47p65hjtewl0ca15r06u4

.. he's got no proof of that.

Thoughts?

Nets can have Gallo and a 1st 🙃...but My magic 8 ball says.......ask me again when he plays.

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Anybody still anointing the Bulls and Cavs?  Both limping to the finish line.

Peaked too early and injuries catching up to them.

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I hope we have a couple championship banners in place by the 2027 all star ⭐️ game! Ya I said it! SUP SUP! :laugh1:

Beat me to it.  Sarah posting from 2026, I guess?

Seems like, whoever posted that tweet, should've vetted her sources.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e470b48hhkka0ktbauq4a

... well, burd?

heh, got to squeeze it in again.  Thx, burd

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Beat me to it.  Sarah posting from 2026, I guess?

Seems like, whoever posted that tweet, should've vetted her sources.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e470b48hhkka0ktbauq4a

... well, burd?

heh, got to squeeze it in again.  Thx, burd

Now I gotta tell you what I tell Nate....'Shut up Cagey One.' :laugh1:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Dnice said:

I would root for Brooklyn, but it wouldn't matter for the hawks, they have trouble helping themselves out.

Is it sad that I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to the Pacers tomorrow after beating the Warriors? They've been here too many times and have fumbled every opportunity they had to move up in the standings. I'm not the doom and gloom type, but these guys are all over the place when it comes to effort. They play down to the level of their competition and then scramble to get back in the game in the 4th quarter. Hopefully, they prove me wrong tomorrow.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hawkman said:

Hopefully, they prove me wrong tomorrow.

We need to beat the Pacers. I know we are inconsistent but these guys just lost by 40 to the Raptors. They are gonna come out hungry but they are young and need to be destroyed tomorrow.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, hawkman said:

Is it sad that I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to the Pacers tomorrow after beating the Warriors? They've been here too many times and have fumbled every opportunity they had to move up in the standings. I'm not the doom and gloom type, but these guys are all over the place when it comes to effort. They play down to the level of their competition and then scramble to get back in the game in the 4th quarter. Hopefully, they prove me wrong tomorrow.

Problem has mainly been on the road. The Hawks have pretty much been absolutely lights out at home. I think they've won like 18 out of their last 21 home gmes or something along those lines.  Not sure what is happening on the road, but the Hawks are dreadful on the road. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We need to beat the Pacers. I know we are inconsistent but these guys just lost by 40 to the Raptors. They are gonna come out hungry but they are young and need to be destroyed tomorrow.

Hawks almost blew the game last time they played.. There are no gimmes in the east outside of Orlando.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Matt Beans? Is this a real person? :laugh1: That’s awesome. Beanie boy leggo!!! Is he like that choir boy 👦 the Lakers got? Superman 🦸‍♀️ Reeves, not to be mistaken with Big country.