• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

On 4/17/2022 at 8:40 PM, JeffS17 said:

Anyone watching the Bucks game?  Caruso is such an elite defender... really wish we grabbed him last offseason -- perfect complement to Trae too.  Can't complain too much though because Wright has been very good as a similar type of player.

Caruso finishes much better.  Delon’s feel of when, where, how, and who to get off the ball for us uncanny.  His offensive rating is so high because he goes entire games without making a glaring mistake in terms of movement.  I’d guess we’ve scored about 1.3 points every time he’s thrown two hard chest passes to the same teammate, forcing him to attack the angle he’s created through jab steps, pass fakes, looking off, etc.  Sometimes he just holds the ball until his mate does what he tells him to do Rondo style.

On 4/17/2022 at 8:40 PM, JeffS17 said:
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Beautiful eyes lol.  The 11 boards is eye popping but it seems like he’s stripping everything.  No one ever questioned his IQ shit was sky high from day one.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can CP3 carry them?

Or even Ayton? If he’s a max guy he should be able to carry them past the Pelicans at least. Guess we find out how good he can be. He will get more touches but is that better or worse.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can CP3 carry them?

Not against that NO team that can put Alvarado and Herb Jones on CP3 now.  Devins 113 to 109 rating tells me he’ll be missed more on the defensive end than most would think.  He allows Bridges and Crowder to lock down on single guys now they’ll have be spread more thinly.

Cam did drop 36 a few weeks ago but his role is so perfect I couldn’t change it.

Definitely not confident in Payne stepping up to the level they’d need in scoring, but if he limits the turns they’re still in it no doubt.  It would help if Shamet weren't shooting a career low from three.

I’m no Ayton fan.  Where’s the explosion when dude jumps?  I expect him to return to normal if he bolts and is without CP3 who aids him on both ends.

Edited by benhillboy

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 where is Antonio. I wanted to call but El Amin Hassan IV annoys me to no end. His voice just gets me down.

Love this cat. 

I really try to lay off comparing guys to Scottie Pippen but he looks like Scottie f&@kin Pippen on D.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Speaking of Passing angles.  Last Game Delon gets the steal... I think it was Bogi or Kev out front.. 2 on1 .  Delon passes the ball and the ball was missed because Delon passed it to the path that led to the basket and Kev was heading to the three point line.

When are we going to stop this shit Nate???  When we have numbers on the break, the ball goes to the basket.  Every Damn Time...

To be fair Kev has a horrible rim allergy

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Speaking of Passing angles.  Last Game Delon gets the steal... I think it was Bogi or Kev out front.. 2 on1 .  Delon passes the ball and the ball was missed because Delon passed it to the path that led to the basket and Kev was heading to the three point line.

When are we going to stop this shit Nate???  When we have numbers on the break, the ball goes to the basket.  Every Damn Time...

That was Bogi and it made me cringe.  As soon as I saw the pass angle I knew it was a TO.  I knew Bogi would run to the corner lol dude wants to shoot threes more than anything in the world.  Part of why I love him but part of what annoys me too

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Is Ja playing?  If so, MEM is self-owning. 

Ya, but on bad efficiency. Memphis has opened the 4th quarter on a 9-0 run to make it interesting.

EDIT: Now 16-0 run to tie the game. Wow.

Edited by TheTruth