• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Yeah Id rather bring in a All Star 2 way wing  and a more perimeter oriented PF who can switch on defense..... CC would be fine then.. But good luck with that.....

I mean this goes to you and @Diesel to borrow one of @JayBirdHawk favorite gifs...why not both?

Why not upgrade at center and get a 2 way wing player? We have talent on good deals and all our picks plus the Hornets pick. Why not go for it?

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

I have to ask this. We need to talk about it since I know the Hawks FO has been talking to the Jazz about Gobert. Gobert literally disappears in the playoffs. You guys knock KAT if you want but KAT isn't out there winning DPOY award year after year after year and just disappear on defense like Gobert does. 

Gobert would help our regular season win totals but what about the playoffs? What are Gobert's career playoff numbers? Has Utah even made out of the second round with him?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I mean this goes to you and @Diesel to borrow one of @JayBirdHawk favorite gifs...why not both?

Why not upgrade at center and get a 2 way wing player? We have talent on good deals and all our picks plus the Hornets pick. Why not go for it?

Well looks like the Warriors are going to the 2nd round.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I have to ask this. We need to talk about it since I know the Hawks FO has been talking to the Jazz about Gobert. Gobert literally disappears in the playoffs. You guys knock KAT if you want but KAT isn't out there winning DPOY award year after year after year and just disappear on defense like Gobert does. 

Gobert would help our regular season win totals but what about the playoffs? What are Gobert's career playoff numbers? Has Utah even made out of the second round with him?

Not a fan.. Id rather KAT or Ayton all day.. KAT isnt available. Just sayin..

How about Ayton and PG13? There isnt that many 2 way All Star wings...

Not sure if we have the assets to get both.. 

CC and wing for Ayton

JC and picks for PG?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Everybody in the west stinks. Such a weak  year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Everybody in the west stinks. Such a weak  year.

I know you hate GS, but as long as the Mavs dont make a run, I'm good.. lol... Suns might be in trouble with Booker injury...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

I know you hate GS, but as long as the Mavs dont make a run, I'm good.. lol... Suns might be in trouble with Booker injury...

Warriors Mavs in west for me. Everyone in East with the exception of the Hawks of course lol.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Because you're talking about getting Max guys for the Center position and the max guys that you're getting are not going to cover the wings as well as Clint does.   It will be a slight upgrade either on rebounds (Gobert) or on offense (Ayton).   So we get this max guy... There's no money for a wing...

Let's walk through it shall we:

We trade Clint/OO for Ayton. 

We bring in Ayton for about 26 Million.  (you're the numbers guy). 

I haven't heard anybody talk about a star wing who can play defense.. but for grins... Let's say that good fortune falls on our side and NO is willing to part with Brandon Ingram. 

We trade Kev/Hunter/2 1st for Ingram. 

So here's what we would have:

Trae/Coop

Bogi

Ingram

JC/Gallo/JJ

Ayton

This is all the players we would have under contract. 

1.  IS this enough to win a chip?  Compare this team with Phoenix. 

2.  We are very depleted coming out of a season where everybody was hurt, what are we going to do about Depth?

3.  How much more does Ayton give us.... defensively?

Whereas this is a possibility.

Keep Clint, Keep OO, 

Draft Jalen Duran.

Same Dream Sequence as before.

We trade Kev/Hunter/2 1st for Ingram. 

Here's what we would have:

Trae/Coop

Bogi

Ingram

JC/Gallo/JJ

Clint/OO/Duran

This team has more depth.  This team has more draft picks.  This team has more money to go out and get a FA.  This team also has trade pieces if something happens. 

In short, I don't think Ayton or Gobert moves the needle enough to warrant tying up that much capspace. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

The way I see it....there are few real 'upgrades' to Capela that won't cost almost double Clint's salary which in turn would limit the upgrade for a 2way wing.  I'd prefer to upgrade our wing rotation - so much inconsistenty and disappointment.

Let me say like I'vebeen saying all year - for the Hawks to take the step, we need 'one of our wings' to be THAT GUY.  Here we are in the playoffs and we still don't know who's gonna give us what from game to game, half to half.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Teams scout in the regular season but game plan in the playoffs.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Diesel said:

The question begs to be asked... How did KAT play 32 minutes and only get 8 points.. and only get  5 shot attempts??

I have said that I cannot watch the boringness team in Basketball.. but damn, I may watch the replay.

Looking at the box score he finished with 3 FGs and 4 FGAs.  How could he only have 4 FGA in 32+ minutes?  How?!?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, AHF said:

Looking at the box score he finished with 3 FGs and 4 FGAs.  How could he only have 4 FGA in 32+ minutes?  How?!?

I didn't watch the game, but from what I read KAT said....he was just making the right reads when he had 3 guys on him in the post or at the top of the key.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

When I wrote the post they were killing Memphis. 

Soth you know you're my guy, right?  So don't take this call-out personally buuuut...

I didn't watch that game, so I had no idea how egregious your premature Nique-ism was.  I mean what TF was MIN doing?  I guess you have to give them some credit for almost winning a game where Towns didn't play but still.

I mean, there was a 'Towns' in the boxscore but he had that bigtime triple-single goin', so I figured that was Otis Towns or somebody.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

so I figured that was Otis Towns or somebody.

You mean like Garnett and Garrett (Dean) in Minny that year back in the day? :laugh1:

Garrett must have gotten a lotta love from the common knowledge NBA groupie hookers.

• Haha 2