• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

Hawks are in free fall - Power ratings - Atlanta fell from #15 to #18 this week.

For all of us who were high on this team after last season's showing in the playoffs, this is a bitter pill.  We were expecting great things from this team.  I know.  Injuries.  But this doesn't explain all the bad stuff we are currently experiencing.  Over 40 points per quarter given up by our "supposed to be" great defensive team.

Where does this nightmare end?  Do we just admit that this team is not very good?  Do we tear things up?  Do we just remain and hope for the best?  Where do we go from here?  Is there any hope?

😪

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Where does this nightmare end?  Do we just admit that this team is not very good?  Do we tear things up?  Do we just remain and hope for the best?  Where do we go from here?  Is there any hope?

Anyone that had a longer term view on the team before our unexpected playoff run will probably feel like we're still right where we should be.  Inujuries have caused setbacks but some players are ahead of schedule, Trae being one of them.  Collins as well.  I think we'll right the ship but this is another toss-up year with injuries and health & safety protocols dominating a lot of teams

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 12/17/2021 at 2:08 PM, Sothron said:

every time I see that Mtn Dew commercial with him and Lavine in it I yell at Zion to switch to DIET Mtn Dew. As a diabetic I can tell you that it and Sierra Mist Zero are the two best diet sodas out there.

I like diet root beer and diet orange best.  The lemon/lime ones like Sierra Mist Zero hold up well too.  The Colas take a beating from the move to diet.  Diet Dr. Pepper is the most inconsistent to me - sometimes pretty good and sometimes utterly lifeless.  Had to weigh in on this important subject.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I can't believe spud hasn't weighed in on this, but sodas of any kind are basically poison in my opinion.   Delicious, delicious poison.   I'd drink a full sugar coke everyday if i could get away with it but my only choice is really to never touch the stuff.  Diet or not they make me crave sweet things constantly.  

I weighed in because i'm sure everyone was waiting on my very informed opinion.  

lol I actually had an extensive conversation about this with my wife this past weekend.  This is somewhat related but thought I'd share since I never really thought about food addiction in this way...

So most people acknowledge that sugary everything is pretty bad but it's also an addiction.  And it's the basically the most natural "addiction" there is.  I put that one in quotes because it's intended evolutionarily.  Most of the drugs people get addicted to are hijacking the reward system in your brain that exists for food (sugar).  They're triggering the same reward pathways that eating or drinking sugary foods will trigger.  Obviously, we evolved this way for a reason when food was scarce and needed for survival, but now that we have food security and overabundance at that, it works against us.  It's why it can be extremely difficult to change your diet and avoid unhealthy foods.  Your brain also get molded as you age so if you drank a lot of sugary drinks when you're a kid, that stays with you (definitely stayed with me, constantly fighting my sweet tooth).

Not trying to turn this into some healthy eating PSA but thought it was an interesting perspective.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I can't believe spud hasn't weighed in on this, but sodas of any kind are basically poison in my opinion.   Delicious, delicious poison.   I'd drink a full sugar coke everyday if i could get away with it but my only choice is really to never touch the stuff.  Diet or not they make me crave sweet things constantly.  

I weighed in because i'm sure everyone was waiting on my very informed opinion.  

Uhuhuhhhhuuuu (throat clear)

Mama said soda come from the debol’s ball sweat and dat peoples only drink them when they feelin sad. :indifferent:

image.gif.5f82b09a5bfd9ac59173d8cb13e24ca2.gif

• Haha 3