• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well that's like 3 or folks that liked him and just me that didn't.  I guess the only conclusion we can draw here is that you're all idiots.  

:Bob:

I have been enjoying Holman's homerism on radio lately. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm sure i missed the discussion in the game thread but the one thing that can never happen ever again is let Travis near a mic to do play by play.  OMG.  That was the most painful thing i've ever heard.   You could hear him thinking ("i'm really helping out here").   Lauren couldn't kick him out soon enough.  Lauren and Brian Oliver were fine.  Not usual play by play but they did good.  

Lauren was not fit for that at all... how many times did she use the phrase "you love to see that"? "You love seeing him do it and he's doing it!".... "you really love to see it you really do!". She didn't know any names of the 76ers players other than Embiid.

I thought Travis helped a ton. Agree his voice is boring but Lauren didn't know the motions of play by play. There was lots of silence. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, warcore said:

Lauren was not fit for that at all... how many times did she use the phrase "you love to see that"? "You love seeing him do it and he's doing it!".... "you really love to see it you really do!". She didn't know any names of the 76ers players other than Embiid.

I thought Travis helped a ton. Agree his voice is boring but Lauren didn't know the motions of play by play. There was lots of silence. 

In fairness, that's not her job.  She stepped in when called upon, so I won't be too harsh on her.

It's like that time when I was in college doing stock for a retail store to get some extra dough.  During Christmas time, they were overran with customers, so I had to don a uniform and hit the sales floor.

My shirt was untucked, I had on sweatpants instead of khakis, and I spent 10% of my time sellin' and 90% of my time hittin' on chicks.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47pzqbyo3zsk0w4q4vjm

Moral of the story, I was totally unfit.  But that 10% was better than zero, amirite?

(Yes this is a true story.  Good thing there was no #metoo in the 00's)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's gonna be tough.

Long road trip incoming without 85% of the real NBA team. Sigh!

The Hawks really need to get healthy and chemistry.

They can still win 45 - 52 games with their second half schedule.

That'll put them in good position for the playoffs. If they are a 6th seed, I wouldn't mind playing the Bulls, Cleveland, or Miami.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 12/26/2021 at 9:43 PM, bleachkit said:

Unfortunately these Covid protocols were devised at the height of the pandemic, when fans couldnt attend games. Why, in a post vaccinated world with fans coming to games, do players need to continue to adhere to these absurdly strict protocols? Seems like overkill to me. 

Overkill and not effective evidently.

• Like 1