• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

No, it's worse.  They're complaining that it was Trae's defense that made the difference.  You can't make this stuff up.

Asking why Trae can't get out here and 'get after it' like those guys.  Like we're out here watchin' Hoosiers or something.

I'm going to push back as one who complained about Trae's defense.  He wasn't even trying out there in the first and second quarter when the game was pretty close. 

That's something to complain about. I'm not expecting him to be a lock down defender, but at least stay in front of your guy a little.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah it might be time for a squawk intervention on his team polygamy. 😁

Ps the red represents either Covid taking over slowly or Soth’s love loss for the Hawks, which is erased from the picture like the back to the future photo that could have been..

image.gif.6395d499940476579bea463d89e72e84.gif

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm going to push back as one who complained about Trae's defense.  He wasn't even trying out there in the first and second quarter when the game was pretty close. 

That's something to complain about. I'm not expecting him to be a lock down defender, but at least stay in front of your guy a little.

To be clear, I was talking about a particular poster who was belaboring the point, but didn't want to name him.  It wasn't you ... this time. 😏

Agree, in general.  As long as I see professional effort, I don't need him to be Gary Payton out there.  But, on the list of reasons they were getting their doors beat off, Trae's lack of defense was far down the list imeo.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh. no. Another team dealing with protocols and such ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47wvjamjjln7bvky545m

I’m attracted to Doris’s sternness. :indifferent: I mean, I didn’t love her coming in but she’s really grown on me. Obviously she has her annoying moments but she’s like one of those older women who shows you where everything is and kinda tutors you :mellow:

I don’t know what my end game is here.. @kg01 lil help… 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m attracted to Doris’s sternness. :indifferent: I mean, I didn’t love her coming in but she’s really grown on me. Obviously she has her annoying moments but she’s like one of those older women who shows you where everything is and kinda tutors you :mellow:

I don’t know what my end game is here.. @kg01 lil help… 

Sorry, I'm too busy fake-crying over other teams having dudes out.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

There isn't a bigger Trae stan than me and even I was screaming at him on the TV for his lack of effort.

As much as I love Trae, at the end of the day you're not going to find a team in the history of the NBA that won a title with it's best player mailing it in completely on the defensive end.     And it definitely rubs off on other players.  When they see Trae slacking off it gives them the green light to slack off.  Just look at my Bulls from the 90s.   The reason they were so good was because their best plaeyrs were also their best defensive players and they busted their ass on that end.  No one on the Bulls is going to slack off on D when they see MJ and Pippen giving it 100% effort on that end.

So Mike Conti's tweet about the new Covid protocols not being retroactive  was told to him by a Hawks staffer. That's sounds very strange to me, I wonder if he misspoke or maybe was mistaken. It also runs counter to the Woj tweet that said the new protocols would be applied to players currently in quarantine.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, marco102 said:

Defense for Trae is all about effort as long as I see that, I'm good. I do wonder if he had a little bit of dead legs in the first half. 2nd game back from Covid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah it might be time for a squawk intervention on his team polygamy. 😁

Hey now. I never root against the Hawks. I can root for other teams. I love basketball too much to just hate any team that isn't Atlanta based. 

• Like 2