• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

I was curious so I looked it up....

Hawks are 18-9 when they are Even or + in 3pt MADE margin with opponent (Avg MADE: 13.9 to OPP Avg 10.7)

Hawks are 6-5 when they are -1 to -3 in 3pt MADE margin with opponent (Avg MADE: 12.8 to OPP Avg 14.8)

Hawks are 1-14 when they are -4 or worse in 3pt MADE margin with opponent (Avg MADE 9.6 to OPP Avg 16.2)

Makes sense. When you make more 3's than your opponent you are more likely to win and when you make less 3s you are less likely to win.  But it's interesting to me that they can hold their opponents to 10.7 in the top tier 27 games (some of that is dumb luck) but their allowed avg balloons to 16.2 in the bottom tier (while also making significantly fewer which exacerbates the issue).

Interestingly, in the bottom tier (the 1-14 group), the Hawks had 8 losses where they couldn't make any (happens some nights making 9 or fewer 3s) and 6 losses where they gave up a ton (at least 17 per game and avg 19 per game). The one W in that group they made 10 and gave up 15 (but had a +9 FT margin and +6 TO margin).

Definitely a make or miss league.  

• Like 2

A wisp of smoke but no sign of fire around the camp site.  Names have been mentioned that might interest the Hawks but nothing serious being offered.  

Ben Simmins

Jerami Grant

Marcus Smart

C J McCollum

Rumors have it that other clubs believe we sold short on Cal and they want a bargain.  Not likely to happen.  Atlanta is not an NBA farm team.  If you want to deal you have to pay the asking price.

Interest is mild, not a "gotta have it" deal.  Might deal.  Might not.

:search:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I like Dejounte.  LaMelo?  That's suspect to me. 

They want him to be Trae so bad.

Lamelo and Zion's social media following is like a gold mine for the NBA. They will prop these 2 up as much as necessary to keep their millions of followers tuning in to the league.

Eyeball's equal $$$

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Not to me. Lamelo is really good. Don't sleep on the Hornets. If they had a better center they would be scary. Enjoy watching their games tbh.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Why not LaMelo?    He's the best player on the only team in the top 10 without a representative.  PLus he is an exciting fan favorite.   Can't see how they could take anyone other than Lamelo.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Not to me. Lamelo is really good. Don't sleep on the Hornets. If they had a better center they would be scary. Enjoy watching their games tbh.

Being very good and All Star good are two different things to me. 

Not sure who would have an argument against him, though.  Maybe Pascal Siakam?

Edited by marco102

7 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

A wisp of smoke but no sign of fire around the camp site.  Names have been mentioned that might interest the Hawks but nothing serious being offered.  

Ben Simmins

Jerami Grant

Marcus Smart

C J McCollum

Rumors have it that other clubs believe we sold short on Cal and they want a bargain.  Not likely to happen.  Atlanta is not an NBA farm team.  If you want to deal you have to pay the asking price.

Interest is mild, not a "gotta have it" deal.  Might deal.  Might not.

:search:

lol Smart and McCollum.. We dont need any more small ass guards.......

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Jk stand pat. 

BB985015-89E6-4A25-8FB2-FCBE7AF2DCB7.jpeg

This also works on trade machine.. For whoever liked CJ and Ben.. lol

Hawks Get:

B. Simmons

CJ McCollum

2 - Second Round Picks (from whoever)

Sixers Get:

John Collins

D. Gallinari

E. Bledsoe

2 First Round Picks (from Hawks)

Blazers Get:

T. Harris

Bogi

Jalen Johnson

1 lottery protected First Round pick (from Hawks)

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I gotta Ask..

Is Gallo and Lou injured so that they can't be traded?

It used to be that you couldn't trade an injured player without either paying for them or the other team just acceptingthem...   Hello  Terrell Brandon. 

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I gotta Ask..

Is Gallo and Lou injured so that they can't be traded?

It used to be that you couldn't trade an injured player without either paying for them or the other team just acceptingthem...   Hello  Terrell Brandon. 

Gallo played last game. Lou would have to agree to a trade since he signed a 1 year deal. 

Cavs just traded an injured Ricky Rubio.

• Like 1