• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pelicans

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Huerter signed that contract and cant score anymore..lol..

Hope he gets it going...

Bogi looking kinda rough himself.

We need more from the sg position..

Mmmm....both Huerter and Bogi had offseason procedures ankle and knee respectively. It's 4 games, give them a minute.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

On 27 shots.

And he was -8 on the floor.

Yet, we win by 3.  A mark of a very good team.

Who would you rather have shooting tonight?  That bad plus minus is due to the -16 in first quarter.  He was a +8 the rest of the game  after the slow start. 

I also thought you said you wanted your superstar to shoot...lol

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Now go get the back to back against Washington tomorrow. Hawks have too much depth to lay an egg on back to back games like they used to. 

Washington is improved....

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Mmmm....both Huerter and Bogi had offseason procedures ankle and knee respectively. It's 4 games, give them a minute.

Both of them shoot so many shots out of rhythm shots.  Worse than Cam because they have very little variety to their offensive game especially Bogi

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It was clear, Nate wanted Cam and Dre and lock up BI and anyone they guarded as they lack post scoring outside of Val. Of course Zion is a monster but he's out.

The Wizards starting 5 been getting their asses kicked but their bench is elite like ours.

25 pts out of Montrezl tonight.  And he played a team high 38 minutes.

He is grossly underpaid.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

25 pts out of Montrezl tonight.  And he played a team high 38 minutes.

He is grossly underpaid.

His issue is the post season. Dieng is gonna have to bring it tomorrow

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

This was Cam's 1 in 4 bad offensive game. Let's get back on track next game....I'll live with 3 of 4 good games for Cam.

He barely touched the ball. He might have had 10 touches tonight. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Both of them shoot so many shots out of rhythm.  Worse than Cam because they have very little variety to their offensive game especially Bogi

Huerter's offensive game is much more versatile than Bogi's.  Huerter at least knows how to get a good shot off in the midrange, even when guarded.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This was Cam's 1 in 4 bad offensive game. Let's get back on track next game....I'll live with 3 of 4 good games for Cam.

I agree.  I got no problem with Cam tonight.  Outside of that one Kobe-esque fadeaway that he shot, he took good shots.  He just didn't make them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I mean last game was worst offensively than this one.  He at least didn't shoot the Hawks out of the game. He only took about 5 shots.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Huerter's offensive game is much more versatile than Bogi's.  Huerter at least knows how to get a good shot off in the midrange, even when guarded.

This Bogi is a more effective CnS shooter, he thrives on moving without the ball, not so much with the ball.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The old Hawks would be down by 15 right now.

There is no panic in this team.  Nate won't let them panic.

Unlike Boston, who is flat out choking at home vs the Wizards.

Bucks going down to Minnesota(who look much better)

Miami spanked the Nets.......lol

Wizards are improved too...

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Exactly. And K'von has said he worked hard on adding upper body strength and muscle; that can often lead to throwing off shooting mechanics a bit until you get used to the increased strength. No idea if that is affecting Heurter, but I wouldn't be surprised. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I mean last game was worst offensively than this one.  He at least didn't shoot the Hawks out of the game. He only took about 5 shots.

With Gallo back he will have to find a groove to get shots, since Gallo will be getting his.

• Like 1