• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pelicans

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Lets talk about Clint for a minute.  Dude is back to missing layups and seems not to have any spring in his legs.  Am I the only one who is noticing this?

I mentioned last game and in chat tonight. He doesn't seem as spry, I'll chalk it up to the achilles injury that kept him out of preseason. This reminds me of his first 10 or so games last season...he was lumbering. Needs to get his conditioning up.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Lets talk about Clint for a minute.  Dude is back to missing layups and seems not to have any spring in his legs.  Am I the only one who is noticing this?

He looked springy vs. Dallas...Not so much the last 2 games...

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He started slow last season so i don't know. He usually has issues with Jonas so I'm not worried.

The Hawks are still trying things out and experimenting.  For example, they've been going to specific players through the games.  Bogi was getting a lot of touches in the fourth.  Last year, Nate would keep the ball in Trae's hand and run the pick and roll.  The Hawks closed out their first pressure game on the road with defense (clap).

We aren't playing nearly our best and are 3-1.  It's going to be tough these first couple of weeks with the rule changes and just getting the guys back into rhythm. 

Trae had a good, not great to me. 

John and Gallo are very important to us.  Everytime one of them were on the floor, we went on big runs.  John has to work on staying out of foul trouble. John's offensive rebounds were critical. 

Delon showed up tonight.  

Dre's defense was impeccable and he actually had a pretty good offensive game.  We should have gone to him more. 

Capela had a rough shooting game. However, his rebounding and defense were good.

Bogi and Huerter were rough.

We need to give this team about 15 - 20 games to start getting consistent. 

Edit:  In 3 out of 4 games, we've held our opponents to under 100 points.  THIS is what we need to be an elite team.  The offense will come.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With Gallo back he will have to find a groove to get shots, since Gallo will be getting his.

Didn't even consider that's why Cam shot less. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

After 9 TOs in the 1st half, only 2 TOs in the second half to end with 11.

After going 0-12 from 3 in the 1st half,  Went 8-12 in 2nd half.

Great turnaround on these.

Gallo with two uncharacteristic missed freethrows.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, terrell said:

Huerter signed that contract and cant score anymore..lol..

Hope he gets it going...

Bogi looking kinda rough himself.

We need more from the sg position..

To me thats still the 1 position i want to make a massive trade for to get a star player at.  If we could trade for a Jaylen Brown type of player i think it makes us much much better.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Threezus said:

To me thats still the 1 position i want to make a massive trade for to get a star player at.  If we could trade for a Jaylen Brown type of player i think it makes us much much better.

Didn't Boston get blown out again tonight?  He ain't helping that team win.

Just now, marco102 said:

Holy Sh**!  John Collins had 4 assists.   Just realized that.  He's been so limited with fouls, but he's definitely taken a leap.

John played really well when he was on the floor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

I think Trae might need to start bleeding after contact to get foul calls. The refs aren't calling drives to the baskets where he's fouled and that needs to change. That's not "foul baiting" that's as classic basketball as you can get.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2