• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pelicans

lethalweapon3

36 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Some things just don't add up:

Cavs - Worst team in the NBA - wins again!

Kings - Lottery team - wins again!

Lakers - The greatest - lose again.

Bucks - Great champs - lose to lowly Wolves.

Then, there is Atlanta - Winning ugly - Just pulled out a close one.  Now they go to Washington where they will have the opportunity to not play two ugly games in a row.

:smug:

Cavs were good early last year till injuries came. Like Charlotte, they lack the depth to handle injuries. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Isola/Scal were talking Hawks this morning.  They were praising the league for swallowing the whistle, some folks commented on Harden's struggles.  Then Trae came up.

Isola is still on his beef with Holman from last year, but continues to give Trae props.

Scalabrine said he went back/forth with Trae's pop on twitter because he said he "didn't know Trae was this good"" or stte.  Trae's pop basically agreed saying no one saw "this" (Trae's greatness) coming.

He gave Trae major .... flowers (shudders, I still hate that phrase) for still being effective despite no-calls.  Was asked why (Trae can still thrive).  Said Trae is elite at that point where he gets into the lane and has to decide to float/lob/pass to weakside.  Said he's the best in the league at that moment.

He has significantly increased his shooting right now - he is up almost 4 FGA per game.  Luckily for us, he is shooting a career high fg% due to his success with that floater and getting to the rim more often than ever.  If he can increase his currently underwhelming % on  his 3pt attempts, that will go a long way to helping him sustain his early start.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Teams are being overaggressive on Trae and that's a bad thing for them because his driving is better than his shooting. Opens a lot more options. 

Sometimes I wonder what coaches think they're seeing with Trae.  So many bad strategies get thrown at him defensively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

He has significantly increased his shooting right now - he is up almost 4 FGA per game.  

I think he’s shooting just as much, but instead of going to the line his shot counts as an attempt.

One area where no foul calls hurts us in close games when we’re getting into the bonus less.  We are a top FT% team and getting an extra 4-5 trips to the line increases our efficiency and scoring.  4th quarter in particular Trae would go to the line 4 times to close a game out sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Sometimes I wonder what coaches think they're seeing with Trae.  So many bad strategies get thrown at him defensively.

I've seen them overplay his floater, over commit to the lob, and go over screens.

Don't know why they haven't dared him to beat them off of threes.

• Like 2

The way we went on runs when we were focused let’s me know that we have the ability to play at a very high level.

To me that’s a blessing but can also be a curse. We want to remain engaged throughout the season, specially with the less talented and skilled teams across the league.

We are really really good. Hey everybody, come see how good we look!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Best game for Wright. I like how they bring different skills and attributes to the table. 

Not as dynamic offensively, but makes good decisions and adds another long defender on the wing. Very smooth and steady pace to his game. If he can at least make enough shots to keep defenses honest, he's in no real danger of losing that backup PG spot. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah Wright is just steady.   It's so much better than what Rondo was doing for us at the beginning of last season.   People complain about his lack of scoring but he's a back up PG for a reason.   He does exactly what we need.  

We're still in the scrutiny period for refs on the new rules.   It's going to revert to the middle ground at some point probably in another week or two.   They said last night that if this current % of trips to the line held the whole season it would be the lowest ever in the NBA.    Think about that when it used to be side out of bounds if you just punched a guy in the face.   

• Like 3