• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pelicans

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I think he’s shooting just as much, but instead of going to the line his shot counts as an attempt.

One area where no foul calls hurts us in close games when we’re getting into the bonus less.  We are a top FT% team and getting an extra 4-5 trips to the line increases our efficiency and scoring.  4th quarter in particular Trae would go to the line 4 times to close a game out sometimes.

Free throws would make up 2 of the shots and leave him shooting 2x more often per game.  (He shot 4 more FT/gm last year and is shooting 4 more FGA this year.  If a shot is missed and there is a foul, it doesn't count as a FGA and you get a minimum of 2 FT so figure 4 FT = 2 FGA (roughly).)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Didn't Boston get blown out again tonight?  He ain't helping that team win.

John played really well when he was on the floor.

lol wtf does that have to do with anything?  Didn't the Nets get blown out last time as well KD must not be helping their team either.  Yes i know Brown is no KD but he is a legit all star and a VERY TALENTED PLAYER.

Im assuming this is what your implying with that saying as it's the way it came off. 

That literally makes no sense whatsoever to say because a team is losing that the player wouldn't help or be better than what you got and upgrade you.  The last 2 years Brown was 25+/5+/5+ with really good defense.  How wouldn't that help or upgrade the Hawks and be a nice pairing with a player like Trae? 

If thats not what that was supposed to mean then i apologize i might have misunderstood you and that last thing said might need to be taken back or reworded but to think a guy as talented as Brown wouldn't help the hawks alot is crazy to me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Threezus said:

That literally makes no sense whatsoever to say because a team is losing that the player wouldn't help or be better than what you got and upgrade you.  The last 2 years Brown was 25+/5+/5+ with really good defense.  How wouldn't that help or upgrade the Hawks and be a nice pairing with a player like Trae? 

Some of the takes are incredibly confusing right now. 

Remember, not too many moons ago, Atlanta Hawks had this big old boy.  I liked his talents.  But, he couldn't or wouldn't control his appetite.  He came into camp fat.  Hawks were forced to release him.  Someone else signed him and kept him for a bit before he was released again.  Remember?

Over at realgm I just read of another big old boy.  He's out, waiting for his foot to heal.  Problem.  He's ballooned to over 300 lb. and now has a nice waddle when he walks.  Don't expect to see him on the floor any time soon.  

This is not a border line player like out Hawk.  He's a first rounder and signed for big $$$.  Know him?

🕵️‍♂️

• Haha 1

So sad.  This player is about to eat his way out of mega $$$ contracts because he can not or will not take care of his physical well being.  Adding weight is a lot easier than taking it off.

:smug:

• Like 3