• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because I don't think he's going to bench Bogi.

Why not?  The guy is a one trick pony who offers nothing else but catch and shoot offense.  Once he is chase off of his spot he is useless.  Plus his defense is atrocious!

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dre is one of the problems on defense.  He's great on the ball, but he's a poor rebounder for a guy his size.  This is why we get destroyed on the boards whenever we have him at PF.  I have no problem sending Bogi to the bench, but Cam isn't going to have the green light, or the amount of touches he has, if he's inserted in the starting lineup.

I would rather Cam learn how to be a volume scorer off the bench, than to try to be an efficient scorer in the starting lineup.  Trae is already the volume scorer.  Trae needs guys around him that can knock down timely shots.

Nate may have to make a decision to play Cam OR Dre, down the stretch, while staying big on the frontline.

These are good points and why I don't think it's a huge problem if Cam remains on the bench this season.

His minutes should be increased to 30 or more when he really has it cooking though.

There's no problem with him being in a young Harden like role, and then becoming a starter at some point later this year or sometime soon...for the Hawks.

On another note, if Trae is just not going to have "anything" called for him, that will be a huge issue.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We ranked 4th because Trae ranked 3rd overall in FT attempts and FT made.

That doesn't account for the rest of the team dropping 5 attempts at the line. Especially with 8 more 2 pointers per game so far in the season. If guys aren't going to the line, defenses can be more aggressive and congesting. 

Capela gotta play better and our defense is gonna have to carry us for the time being.

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because I don't think he's going to bench Bogi.

He needs to...Here I was thinking Sac got rid of the wrong guy. .Not so sure about that anymore. .Heild is playing better than Bogi...:sad:

20 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Kev is just off right now, but atleast he has more in his bag than catch and shoot. Outside of drawing fouls, Kev isn't plain bad at anything. He may not be great at anything either, but i'll take that. Bogi is straight ass in areas of the game. he can barely create any offense for himself

Both are 35 million $ worth of ass right now...

• Haha 1

I was ripped for having the nerve to say the HAWKS aren't a physical team. This game is a prime example. If we remain a perimeter team and If games continue to be officiated like this we won't get to the line.  I was told to never worry or cry about the officiating. Go play and things will even out. Set a physical presence and the refs will adjust to your style of play. The HAWKS will adjust to the changes the league has made and all will be fine.  We haven't played ten games yet. No need to panic. 

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, terrell said:

Both are 35 million $ worth of ass right now...

Hield is $22.5M; Bogi is $18M.  We've got 5 and 4 years of data on them and we know both go through hot and cold periods but that Bogi has been generally the more effective of the two.  (And both are 29).

The really bad thing for the Hawks to open the season is that both Bogi and Huerter have started out playing way below their career norms (let alone compared to last season).  When both of them are ineffective on offense, their mediocre defense is definitely not enough to compensate for the shooting struggles.  Neither of them are contact guys who draw fouls so you are basically stuck with whatever they shoot from the floor.  They will come around but a double dose of struggles from the two of them really hurts.  Add the injuries/struggles from Gallo and it is a trifecta of our perimeter players struggling with their offense.

We need to keep developing Cam and that seems to be going very well right now.  I wouldn't look to buck the path Nate has him on.  He is the eventual future but still has big steps to take to show consistency (and is off to a great start).  Nate will feed him more and more over time as he keeps showing he can handle it.  We've seen him in extended ruts both his previous seasons so I want him in a role where he can demonstrate positive consistency this season and grow from there.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

we cant pay ppl if they arent going to get what were paying for, if the league is takign trea out the game then fukit, big dec need to be made

Trae got extended before the new rules kicked in..lol

Edited by terrell

27 minutes ago, aali34 said:

How does Trae only get 3 free throws? 

This season he's 7th in shot attempts and 24th in ft attempts. 

It's gonna take time to adjust to this bs if it's the new norm.

u cant adjust to that, trea isnt big enough to add a lot more ways o score to his game

Just now, terrell said:

Trae got extended before the new rules..lol

didnt we talk about the new rules last year, wasnt everyone here saying it was coming 

4 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

u cant fking build a team around a kid who they changed the whole rules of the game for , reallllyy??

Too late for that...Trae isnt going anywhere..lol...But yeah, Its gonna be tough...He and Harden are the poster boys for foul bating.....Refs not even calling obvious fouls..smh

Im just hoping last years playoff run wasnt a fluke...

This years team hasnt impressed me at all so far..

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

u cant fking build a team around a kid who they changed the whole rules of the game for , reallllyy??

I think you are overreacting on this one.  We can be very successful with Trae.  He is coming off of two 30+ games and had a bit of a stinker tonight.  I don't like losing to Washington but they are 4-1 to start the year and were at home.  This isn't the worst loss in the world or something to blow up the team over.

• Like 4