• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards

lethalweapon3

It’s actually kinda amazing the Hawks are still near the top of the league in rebounding and our opponents only shoot 2 more FTs per game when Kevin and Dre never get to the line or grab any boards lol.  They’re down there with Solo as the only rotation guys below a 100 O rating.  Not a group you wanna be in.

Nate’s apprehension to playing Dieng and Wright is becoming a problem.  Sit Solo ass down somewhere, boost their minutes from 13 to 17, and throw Jalen into the fire.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

It’s actually kinda amazing the Hawks are still near the top of the league in rebounding and our opponents only shoot 2 more FTs per game when Kevin and Dre never get to the line or grab any boards lol.  They’re down there with Solo as the only rotation guys below a 100 O rating.  Not a group you wanna be in.

Nate’s apprehension to playing Dieng and Wright is becoming a problem.  Sit Solo ass down somewhere, boost their minutes from 13 to 17, and throw Jalen into the fire.

We need them for the dog days when the season starts to get long

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Just finished watching the game. Cam stood out and balled. JC brought the heat tonight and what was up with Bertans trying to tic tac elbow him in the lower back. Not cool. 

No complaints, effort seemed there. Huerter was off tonight which may have ended up being the diff. Well, that and my x boy Trez flexing on us.

@Jody23 where u at?  It’s just 5/82. There will be nights like this. Take us home!!!!!

Go Hawks!

ps Ben Taylor is a giant arse. “Hostile act”? :indifferent: Really? I think he needs a hug. Here I’m gonna give him his 15 seconds of love right here. 

Oh my gard, spud why'd you have to post that guys pic ...

100.webp?cid=ecf05e470x0ge2vvhahz0ybp3ur

A "hostile act"?  That's embarrassing that they did that.  And, wait, why isn't a hostile act against an official grounds for immediate ejection?

Does anyone remember when Bud gently brushed against a ref and was tossed?  Carlisle and the coaches union came to his defense afterwards because it was bowlsh*t.

Anybody remember when Rondo (as a Celtic vs Hawks) bumped into the ref and it was deemed a hostile act?  He got ejected.

Why was last night different?  Probably because they knew it was bowlsh*t and the dude just wanted to get his face on tv.  He'll probably be the next Bachelor contestant or on Dances with the Stars.

• Haha 2

• Moderators

The refs were beyond horrible and we played poorly but it's early season.   While it seems like we have the same team we didn't really have the full team healthy for Nate last year so he's got to figure out where guys fit in.   We're 3-2.   We're fine.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Oh my gard, spud why'd you have to post that guys pic ...

100.webp?cid=ecf05e470x0ge2vvhahz0ybp3ur

A "hostile act"?  That's embarrassing that they did that.  And, wait, why isn't a hostile act against an official grounds for immediate ejection?

Does anyone remember when Bud gently brushed against a ref and was tossed?  Carlisle and the coaches union came to his defense afterwards because it was bowlsh*t.

Anybody remember when Rondo (as a Celtic vs Hawks) bumped into the ref and it was deemed a hostile act?  He got ejected.

Why was last night different?  Probably because they knew it was bowlsh*t and the dude just wanted to get his face on tv.  He'll probably be the next Bachelor contestant or on Dances with the Stars.

And this is all after one of their guys (refs) hobbled Trae to withhold us from the NBA finals.

Not the apology I was looking for from the league.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, terrell said:

Hawks extended Huerter and Capela early and the results look underwhelming so far..

But it's early I know...........................................But still..lol

T bone 🦴, chill! We 5 game in. You wanna jump ship? 

image.gif.37f55e53b05b85a5f5ab81270b6bd72d.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

Harrell was collateral damage although he should've been teed up for hanging on the rim multiple times.

My boy I wanted to add looked good. He looks a lot slimmer these days, still annoying as hell but effective. Ya he dangled often. What about the side head butting of the ball, that was his soccer ⚽️ skills broh. 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

My boy I wanted to add looked good. He looks a lot slimmer these days, still annoying as hell but effective. Ya he dangled often. What about the side head butting of the ball, that was his soccer ⚽️ skills broh. 

We made him look good by failing to match his effort.  Actually, where TF was Lolomon?  See I told y'all he helps us.  Gotta match crazy with crazy.  We were to 'business' last night.  We needed Lolo to show up with mismatch socks and no deodorant.  That's the kick we needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We made him look good by failing to match his effort.  Actually, where TF was Lolomon?  See I told y'all he helps us.  Gotta match crazy with crazy.  We were to 'business' last night.  We needed Lolo to show up with mismatch socks and no deodorant.  That's the kick we needed.

I still think officiating is going to revert to something a little more reasonable in a couple weeks but what we saw last night is what i fear we're going to run into with guys like Harrell and the whole Miami team.   Carte blanche to just bully players like Trae and others with no fouls called.   We showed some ability to play physically in the playoffs but it's not really natural for any of our guys.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I still think officiating is going to revert to something a little more reasonable in a couple weeks but what we saw last night is what i fear we're going to run into with guys like Harrell and the whole Miami team.   Carte blanche to just bully players like Trae and others with no fouls called.   We showed some ability to play physically in the playoffs but it's not really natural for any of our guys.  

Sad but true.  I will never do anything resembling praising what they're doing in south Florida.  But they must've known this was coming, to the extent that it's come, when they built their current roster.

It's so obvious it's insulting.  They've brought back the dreadful 90's where scores were in the 70's routinely and lesser players were allowed to bully people.

If a rule makes it easier for a lesser player to compete, WHY IS THAT SOMETHING PEOPLE WANT??!!!!!

You want a bunch-a PJ no offensive talent Tucker's as the faces of franchises?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Sad but true.  I will never do anything resembling praising what they're doing in south Florida.  But they must've known this was coming, to the extent that it's come, when they built their current roster.

It's so obvious it's insulting.  They've brought back the dreadful 90's where scores were in the 70's routinely and lesser players were allowed to bully people.

If a rule makes it easier for a lesser player to compete, WHY IS THAT SOMETHING PEOPLE WANT??!!!!!

Thank you. I just responded to AHF with the same theme in mind. Why doesn’t the league allow Trae to blossom? Is it because he can be too dominant with his skill set? Is it because he plays for Atlanta? Is it because he OWNED the Knicks and Philly and it rubbed the league the wrong way? 

Quality control is needed for NBA officiating. This is some serious grade A fresh cow beef 🥩 you can get near Vacaville yo.

Not cool. What’s Short’s fav word, REFS! 

• Like 2

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't think Miami has ever moved away from this philosophy other than when they had LeBron on the roster.  They've always wanted their roster stocked with hard workers and physical players.  

My view on this is the same as Trae's.  There was garbage foul baiting happening in a big way and getting worse over time so the idea behind the change this season is sound.  The execution where they are not calling clear fouls that are fouls under the current rules (and have always been fouls) is garbage.  Trae should be drawing more fouls than he is getting just from people grabbing, bumping and hacking him when he beats them off the dribble.  The rule changes for this season shouldn't be changing that.  And it is that kind of bad application of the rules (or actually ignoring of the rules) that leads to lesser player's competing through physical play and that is a very bad thing.

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Thank you. I just responded to AHF with the same theme in mind. Why doesn’t the league allow Trae to blossom? Is it because he can be too dominant with his skill set? Is it because he plays for Atlanta? Is it because he OWNED the Knicks and Philly and it rubbed the league the wrong way? 

Quality control is needed for NBA officiating. This is some serious grade A fresh cow beef 🥩 you can get near Vacaville yo.

Not cool. What’s Short’s fav word, REFS! 

My hope is that there is nothing the league can do to stop Trae from blossoming even if they don't fairly enforce the rules with him.  He is super talented and the league should be promoting him just like it does Luka.  (And we've definitely seen more of that.)  Quality control is badly needed for NBA officiating.  

• Thanks 4