• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The issue is Trae and the guards are getting schemed heavy. It's up to Cam and Dre to go and win their battles especially when Trae is on the court and they aren't in that zone defense. 

When Trae is off and WAS is playing zone, we need to swing the rock

Or . . . we just need the superstar to try to force the issue, and take over the game.  It doesn't have to be a long takeover.  Just for about 3 - 4 minutes to get us tied or the lead.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Why is everything so hard offensively this year? Good grief. Outside the Mavs game it's been a struggle most nights. 

NateOffense - do not like the pace at all. We're playing against a set defense all the time, not getting easy baskets. We got runners, leapers jumpers push the ball for an easy look if it's no there initially pull it out and set the offense, asking it up the court isn't gonna work.

Our defense has been straight garbage.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

NateOffense - do not like the pace at all. We're playing against a set defense all the time, not getting easy baskets. We got runners, leaoers jumpers push the ball for an easy look if it's no there initially pull it out and set the defense.

Our defense has been straight garbage.

Good defense leads to those easy baskets.  Definitely related.

• Like 1

Just now, terrell said:

This is not a great basketball team right now. They might be one.. I hope sooner rather than later. 

I really hope they are not satisfied with making the ECF last season

Because right now they do not look HUNGRY at all. Coming into this season I was expecting to see a pack of HUNGRY wolves. I'm not seeing any of that (besides that Mavs game)

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Good defense leads to those easy baskets.  Definitely related.

Agree. But the defense has been good at times this year. The offense is continually a slog. Maybe it's just the pace like @JayBirdHawk said, somethings gotta give. 

Would help to get Kev and Bogie going too. Can't be all Trae and JC with alternating Cam and Dre. 

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

This is not a great basketball team right now. They might be one.. I hope sooner rather than later. 

We're OK.

Road games are tough in the NBA.

Also . . we made our run in the playoffs with Gallinari being a huge part of our main lineups. ( aka the Big lineup ).

I haven't seen the big lineup all year, seeing that we now have Cam and Dre healthy.  The big lineup made us a more lethal scoring and defensive team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Agree. But the defense has been good at times this year. The offense is continually a slog. Maybe it's just the pace like @JayBirdHawk said, somethings gotta give. 

Would help to get Kev and Bogie going too. Can't be all Trae and JC with alternating Cam and Dre. 

They are putting their best defenders on Bogi and Kevin. Straight doubling Trae

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Hawks used to be fun to watch.. What happened? Good lord.. Offense looks so blah.......

It looks like it did at the end of last year before the playoffs. It's not organized. Limited ball movement. Just sucks!