• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Very upset with this loss. The refs literally handed the game to the Wizards. I'm not taking anything from the Wizards but that was literally 6-5 the entire game. Two phantom as **** technical fouls with Trae driving and getting hit no fouls called yet again. Disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

How do you let a 6ft 7 inch man dominate you. I wish the HAWKS were more physical.  I  know it's early in the season but we have to be more aggressive. 

Physical? The Hawks? lol

3 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Cam right now is TMac in Toronto, unleash him or let him go. You can't keep this bottled up

I think he's in the right role as of this moment.  He's only looked upon to score the basketball and defend.  The 6th man role is perfect for him this season.

The bigger issue is can Cam and Dre play together, with Dre at the 4 and Cam at the 3?  All of those offensive rebounds we gave up was a result of our wings not rebounding.

Cam - 3 rebs

Dre - 4 rebs

Capela - 4 rebs

That ain't gonna cut it.  Especially when the Wiz grabbed 14 offensive rebounds.  So can we continue to play these smallish lineups, and expect the team to survive?  Not if that group isn't scoring the basketball.

With the refs not calling fouls, it's going to be the bigger, more physical teams, that will benefit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

You got posters complaining every time he shoots. LET HIM SHOOT. With Huerter and Bogi struggling a little the Hawks need all the firepower they can get from the wings. He's starting to find his way as an NBA player and people want him to turn his game down? 

Exactly. Bogi is 30 years old already, he's not a starting 2 guard. His off the dribble game is dookie. You got somebody that scores points in bunches in a variety of ways, standing in the corner deferring to glorified catch in shoot guys that cap out at 17-18 points on the BEST day....all while being worthless on defense. Cam is still learning, but he has a fire burning in him to be great that nobody outside of Trae has.

We desperately need another 20+ PPG scorer next to Trae

• Like 4

Just now, aali34 said:

Hawks are 27th in free throw attempt so far this season. They had less tonight(14) then their current average(15.5)

And this is going to be a huge problem, whether people want to admit it or not...If Trae aint getting to the line, who is? It for damn sure wont be Bogi or especially Huerter...