Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think he's in the right role as of this moment.  He's only looked upon to score the basketball and defend.  The 6th man role is perfect for him this season.

The bigger issue is can Cam and Dre play together, with Dre at the 4 and Cam at the 3?  All of those offensive rebounds we gave up was a result of our wings not rebounding.

Cam - 3 rebs

Dre - 4 rebs

Capela - 4 rebs

That ain't gonna cut it.  Especially when the Wiz grabbed 14 offensive rebounds.  So can we continue to play these smallish lineups, and expect the team to survive?  Not if that group isn't scoring the basketball.

With the refs not calling fouls, it's going to be the bigger, more physical teams, that will benefit.

Seems you've been beating this big lineup drum for a long time, when will they listen, smh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cwell said:

Exactly. Bogi is 30 years old already, he's not a starting 2 guard. His off the dribble game is dookie. You got somebody that scores points in bunches in a variety of ways, standing in the corner deferring to glorified catch in shoot guys that cap out at 17-18 points on the BEST day....all while being worthless on defense. Cam is still learning, but he has a fire burning in him to be great that nobody outside of Trae has.

We desperately need another 20+ PPG scorer next to Trae

I have to agree.. Instead of Cam trade rumors, it should be Bogi/Huerter rumors..lol. Good thing both contracts are moveable.. We are lacking at the 2 guard position...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Exactly. Bogi is 30 years old already, he's not a starting 2 guard. His off the dribble game is dookie. You got somebody that scores points in bunches in a variety of ways, standing in the corner deferring to glorified catch in shoot guys that cap out at 17-18 points on the BEST day....all while being worthless on defense. Cam is still learning, but he has a fire burning in him to be great that nobody outside of Trae has.

I've been saying this for 2 years now.

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think he's in the right role as of this moment.  He's only looked upon to score the basketball and defend.  The 6th man role is perfect for him this season.

The bigger issue is can Cam and Dre play together, with Dre at the 4 and Cam at the 3?  All of those offensive rebounds we gave up was a result of our wings not rebounding.

Cam - 3 rebs

Dre - 4 rebs

Capela - 4 rebs

That ain't gonna cut it.  Especially when the Wiz grabbed 14 offensive rebounds.  So can we continue to play these smallish lineups, and expect the team to survive?  Not if that group isn't scoring the basketball.

With the refs not calling fouls, it's going to be the bigger, more physical teams, that will benefit.

What does Dre have to do with anything? He's still getting back used to being on the floor. Get Bogi worthless ass off the floor. Every time he tries to dribble I die a little inside. All that hype off 2 months of hot shooting people forgot he does nothing else outside of that. I knew he wouldn't sustain that.

Trae's back is gonna give out having to consistently carry guys like this

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cwell said:

While true, people don't want that 20 ppg scorer next to Trae.  At least not if we have to go get that player.  

• Zach Lavine?
  • DeMar DeRozan?
  • Bradley Beal?

All of those guys are 20 ppg scorers.  And all of those guys have been poo-pooed in these forums.

So yes, that guy may have to be Cam in order for the fan base to accept a 20 ppg scorer alongside Trae.

In the meantime, Trae needs to get up more than 17 shots in a game, and see if he can score more.  When Trae scores the basketball, we normally win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cwell said:

What does Dre have to do with anything? He's still getting back used to being on the floor. Get Bogi worthless ass off the floor. Every time he tries to dribble I die a little inside. All that hype off 2 months of hot shooting people forgot he does nothing else outside of that. I knew he wouldn't sustain that.

Trae's back is gonna give out having to consistently carry guys like this

Dre is one of the problems on defense.  He's great on the ball, but he's a poor rebounder for a guy his size.  This is why we get destroyed on the boards whenever we have him at PF.  I have no problem sending Bogi to the bench, but Cam isn't going to have the green light, or the amount of touches he has, if he's inserted in the starting lineup.

I would rather Cam learn how to be a volume scorer off the bench, than to try to be an efficient scorer in the starting lineup.  Trae is already the volume scorer.  Trae needs guys around him that can knock down timely shots.

Nate may have to make a decision to play Cam OR Dre, down the stretch, while staying big on the frontline.

Hope the HAWKS weren't sleeping on the Wizards. They have a decent and deep squad. They took it to the HAWKS with a injury list reminiscent of the HAWKS last year. Six of twenty one for 28.6 % won't get it done. Glad we didn't rely too much on three pointers. Love the mid-range game.  Wish we had a low post presence. The HAWKS will be alright and you can be sure Schlenk will make adjustments if he doesn't like what he sees. It's still early, too much talent to worry.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Cwell said:

First of all, I like Bogi. Bogi has shown he can catch fire and stay hot for weeks, but I have to agree with you here. Cam IS the future at 2/3 and he's starting to play like a top 10 Lottery pick. When he has it going, by all means keep going to him. He's shown enough in these first few games to be given some latitude when it comes to his shot selection. No more talk about what his "role" should be or whether he should take a fadeaway or two. This team doesn't need a Ben McLemore. Let Cam cook.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, terrell said:

I have to agree.. Instead of Cam trade rumors, it should be Bogi/Huerter rumors..lol. Good thing both contracts are moveable.. We are lacking at the 2 guard position...

Kev is just off right now, but atleast he has more in his bag than catch and shoot. Outside of drawing fouls, Kev isn't plain bad at anything. He may not be great at anything either, but i'll take that. Bogi is straight ass in areas of the game. he can barely create any offense for himself