• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

Just now, NBASupes said:

The only good takeaway I have from this game is that this is what it looks like when a team marks you on their calendar and you come in like it's not a big deal. Hawks came into this season without hunger but we ruined locker rooms and fanbases, they gonna want to pound us. We gotta get hungry 

Especially the Knicks..Im glad we dont play them for a while.....

Our core is overrated imo....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

It is obvious the teams we punked on the way to the ECF are hunting for us this season. I don't know how they players aren't seeing this. Capela is starting to look like the guy that just got an extension versus the hungry af rebounder and defender we had last season. 

Schlenk mucked up giving early extensions based off a fluke season...Shouldve waited to see if it was real..with reg 82 game season 

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The only good takeaway I have from this game is that this is what it looks like when a team marks you on their calendar and you come in like it's not a big deal. Hawks came into this season without hunger but we ruined locker rooms and fanbases, they gonna want to pound us. We gotta get hungry 

I'm watching football and baseball tonight (that was my plan regardless but I decided to sneak a peak on social media anyway in my odd way of doing so) but there was a good reason why I compared this year to what Miami had dealt with last year.

You're not going to be sneaking up on anybody...and you'll have angry teams wanting revenge. You gotta learn to deal with that, which is going to make it a grind. I did ultimately feel positive about the resolution though, but not in a total homerific way.

But the way this has gone so far, I definitely would be concerned about not winning a game in that coming stretch and that would put you in a gigantic hole, and maybe it would be different.

Now can that weird dance that's been going on with the Braves and Hawks this year at times hold up and the Braves stop looking completely lifeless on offense?

• Like 1

I got home and thought I had this recorded, but it was blacked out.  Glad I missed this one.  
The one player I thought was trash before the season has been the most consistent, Cam.  JC and Trae have had moments.

Huerter, Hunter, and Capela have been the worst.  It’s crazy.  They are usually consistent guys.  

I got no answer other than I know we can play better.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

I got home and thought I had this recorded, but it was blacked out.  Glad I missed this one.  
The one player I thought was trash before the season has been the most consistent, Cam.  JC and Trae have had moments.

Huerter, Hunter, and Capela have been the worst.  It’s crazy.  They are usually consistent guys.  

I got no answer other than I know we can play better.  

Yep. Its Cam and everybody else...smh

not sure whats wrong with trea - i mean apparently this team is super stacked talent wise, so doint really want to hear all this teams are gunning for us, apparently we have the talent so that isnt an issue, the whole team is just giving up is what yall are saying nowcuz they got paid or are complacent, maybe they just snuck up on ppl and arent really that good

9 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

not sure whats wrong with trea - i mean apparently this team is super stacked talent wise, so doint really want to hear all this teams are gunning for us, apparently we have the talent so that isnt an issue, the whole team is just giving up is what yall are saying nowcuz they got paid or are complacent, maybe they just snuck up on ppl and arent really that good

"Arent really that good'

This........

13 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Collins has looked awesome in most of the games.  Trae has balled a few times. Lots of issues elsewhere.  

Yeah Collins has played well in a few games.. Trae played well vs Detroit and pels offensively(but who doesnt)...But his defense...Whew...Cam has been most consistent which is crazy...

Edited by terrell

I think Schlenk did a good job this off season.  He tried to  bring in more size and balnce the roster but that didn't work out for some reason.  I thought improvement would come from better defense but so far we have regressed.  We desperately need Bogi and Huerter to play well for us to approach our potential.  The lack of any physicality on this team is troubling. I expect things to get better but they have to get after it with more energy and urgency. The league didn't buy into the narrative that the HAWKS are the next great team. Now we need the HAWKS to understand that the league isn't intimidated by last year.  No such thing as winning the off season until you play the games. 

• Like 3

Here's an idea. Start reddish and huerter. Let hunter and bogi find their rhythm in the 2nd unit.

Huerter best game so far this year was as a starter. Cam won't hesitate to shoot like bogi 

Hunter and bogi need to know their starting status isn't guaranteed.

I want to see more pick and pop with Collins. We don't put him in enough Draymond green type actions. He has been decisive and efficient whenever he gets an opportunity. At least whenever he isn't in foul trouble

Edited by skimaskway23

Go Braves!!

58 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Here's an idea. Start reddish and huerter. Let hunter and bogi find their rhythm in the 2nd unit.

Huerter best game so far this year was as a starter. Cam won't hesitate to shoot like bogi 

Hunter and bogi need to know their starting status isn't guaranteed.

I want to see more pick and pop with Collins. We don't put him in enough Draymond green type actions. He has been decisive and efficient whenever he gets an opportunity. At least whenever he isn't in foul trouble

He better try something...Schedule is about to get tough...

Hawks are sacrificing wins for the Braves right now. Trae even hinted at it after the Cleveland game when the Braves clinched the Pennant. He reposted someone who brought up how both teams were trading W's for L's dating back to our playoff run. And our last Hawks win came the same night the Braves dropped game 2

Long story short, its silly superstition, but best believe the Hawks are all in on the city winning a championship. I wouldn't be surprised if we snapped out of our "slump" the day after the World Series ends. Hopefully that's on Sunday night.

Hawks understand the assignment. Braves are 1 game away, the Hawks have all season to go. They can afford to throw away one week for the bigger picture lol

I'll be worried if this is still an issue by next weekend.

• Confused 1

Lots of missed calls on Trae. One play was evident as he got swiped from behind all arm no call.

No excuses though we need to play a full 48 to get wins. 6 games in but let’s start building some good habits. 

Gorgui Jokic made some smooth passes. Cam is absolutely ridiculous and I’m not trading him for anything. Also, why did Nate sit him out for that long spurt? 

Jalen with a nice garbage time time.

Thybulle looked like Michael Jordan out there tonight. Geez.

Lets get a win at home against the Wiz on Monday to get back on track.

GO BRAVES!!! 1 win away!!! Clutch win tonight.