• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

Here's an idea. Start reddish and huerter. Let hunter and bogi find their rhythm in the 2nd unit.

Huerter best game so far this year was as a starter. Cam won't hesitate to shoot like bogi 

Hunter and bogi need to know their starting status isn't guaranteed.

I want to see more pick and pop with Collins. We don't put him in enough Draymond green type actions. He has been decisive and efficient whenever he gets an opportunity. At least whenever he isn't in foul trouble

Huerter is shooting sub-30% from the floor. You don't get a promotion with that based on one game against one of the worst teams in the league.

I'll trust Nate on mixing Cam in with the first unit. My gut tells me it's worth trying, but as of now, the three worst two-man combos for the Hawks thus far have featured Cam alongside one of the starters:

image.png.d7fe4b5379c7003be9a2de61ab174e70.png

Obviously, there's lots of overlap there because Capela, Bogi, and Dre are usually all on the floor together. But still.

Edited by niremetal

1 hour ago, niremetal said:

Huerter is shooting sub-30% from the floor. You don't get a promotion with that based on one game against one of the worst teams in the league.

I'll trust Nate on mixing Cam in with the first unit. My gut tells me it's worth trying, but as of now, the three worst two-man combos for the Hawks thus far have featured Cam alongside one of the starters:

image.png.d7fe4b5379c7003be9a2de61ab174e70.png

Obviously, there's lots of overlap there because Capela, Bogi, and Dre are usually all on the floor together. But still.

While it's not Cam fault, some of the worst +/- situations have been with Cam on the court. The thing is, it's not him, it's just we are playing poorly and he gets subbed in and while he does well, the team is still going downhill and fast. I am not sure why Cam +/- has been lower than everyone else this year. I watch it exclusively and the only outcome I have is, we are just performing poorly. It's just a symbolist of chance. He could be playing poorly and have a tremendous +/-. 

The Hawks have poor ball movement, crispness and pace on offense  because  of Trae Young's continued dominance of the ball with too much isolated dribbling. That's a major part of why players like Bogi and Hunter can't find a sustained offensive rhythm. It's not the Hawks only problem (defense), but its part of it.

3 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks have poor ball movement, crispness and pace on offense  because  of Trae Young's continued dominance of the ball with too much isolated dribbling. That's a major part of why players like Bogi and Hunter can't find a sustained offensive rhythm. It's not the Hawks only problem (defense), but its part of it.

You must be watching different games. Trae has been off the ball much more and we are going to one on one match ups which leads to a bunch of standing around.

If this is Nates offense, he needs to go back to what he did with Pierce's offense.

The terrible offense is leading to the drop in defense.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

Here's an idea. Start reddish and huerter. Let hunter and bogi find their rhythm in the 2nd unit.

Huerter best game so far this year was as a starter. Cam won't hesitate to shoot like bogi 

Hunter and bogi need to know their starting status isn't guaranteed.

I want to see more pick and pop with Collins. We don't put him in enough Draymond green type actions. He has been decisive and efficient whenever he gets an opportunity. At least whenever he isn't in foul trouble

Or start  Reddish and Gallo....Gives us more size..

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

6 games.

At what point will you be concerned? 20 games? 30 games?  All Star- break?

I mean the Hawks cant do anything right....smh

Edited by terrell

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

While it's not Cam fault, some of the worst +/- situations have been with Cam on the court. The thing is, it's not him, it's just we are playing poorly and he gets subbed in and while he does well, the team is still going downhill and fast. I am not sure why Cam +/- has been lower than everyone else this year. I watch it exclusively and the only outcome I have is, we are just performing poorly. It's just a symbolist of chance. He could be playing poorly and have a tremendous +/-. 

His overall impact gets dragged down by lack of screening and cutting, especially sharing the floor with Trae.  They’re like the polar opposite of Duncan Robinson and Kyle Lowry.  He doesn’t help foster ball movement at all and is showing less than ideal defensive discipline.  He’s a -1 box defender, shouldn’t be any less than +1.  If Baze 3 point fouling ass can hover around +1.5 Cam can be +2.  

As our “best” slasher we need more than 2 And-1s.  Cutting down on the long 2s would probably help too.  I know the position estimates on BRef can get shaky with certain lineups but Nate might wanna play Cam more at the 2 than at the 4.  Just a thought lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

His overall impact gets dragged down by lack of screening and cutting, especially sharing the floor with Trae.  They’re like the polar opposite of Duncan Robinson and Kyle Lowry.  He doesn’t help foster ball movement at all and is showing less than ideal defensive discipline.  He’s a -1 box defender, shouldn’t be any less than +1.  If Baze 3 point fouling ass can hover around +1.5 Cam can be +2.  

As our “best” slasher we need more than 2 And-1s.  Cutting down on the long 2s would probably help too.  I know the position estimates on BRef can get shaky with certain lineups but Nate might wanna play Cam more at the 2 than at the 4.  Just a thought lol.

He hasn't played Cam at the 4 in awhile. That was due to JC early season foul troubles. 

I agree with you, Cam and Trae give me the anti-Lowry and Robinson feel. Cam is a late cutter, not a natural cutter and he stands around in the corner a lot. Trae when he has it going or we are slumping has the tendency to want to do it all himself like a Bazemore or Josh Smith but he's way more capable than those two. 

My biggest Trae issue is he's still not a true PG. Maybe he will never be a true PG. 

Defensive discipline is Cam's biggest issue as well. He's just not consistent in his assignments for the regular season. He takes a lot of unnecessary risks defensively. He really improved on this last year but he's back on the bullshit this year. His game against New Orleans was flawless.

The thing is, the RAPTOR like the eye test is actually saying Cam played well despite the -20 and he's in the positive on defense and offense now with a WAR of 0.5.

Edited by NBASupes

You know things are bad when Cam has the 2nd best RAPTOR as a 6th man. Clint Capela is struggling. He's usually a lock at 1 or 2. He's playing worse than he did when he was with Houston. Maybe it's the matchups. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

Harrell

Embiid

Allen

Val

But he didn't have it tough against DET or DAL. He better figure it out as well. His drop in production has been massive defensively. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Sad 1

All this tells me is we were too high (as fans) coming into the season.  For good reason but still way too high.

Be patient.  There's a strangely high number of dudes clearly out of rhythm.  Gallo and Trae missing ft's.  Gallo missing everything else.  Collins apparently morphing into ivan Johnson in the eyes of the officials on d.  Heurter/Bogd apparently being the same struggling player.

There's a lot going on.

On Cam, I still say he'd be better served on a bad team.  He's playing well but it's sorta insular, if that makes sense.  So we can't take advantage of it.  It's weird.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

All this tells me is we were too high (as fans) coming into the season.  For good reason but still way too high.

Be patient.  There's a strangely high number of dudes clearly out of rhythm.  Gallo and Trae missing ft's.  Gallo missing everything else.  Collins apparently morphing into ivan Johnson in the eyes of the officials on d.  Heurter/Bogd apparently being the same struggling player.

There's a lot going on.

On Cam, I still say he'd be better served on a bad team.  He's playing well but it's sorta insular, if that makes sense.  So we can't take advantage of it.  It's weird.  

What you are saying is he doesn't make others better. I don't know if I agree with that especially when he did in the playoffs but for the RS: he is not a refined playmaker, turnover prone, not a seamless fit into a starting 5, excels as a volume shooter and a tough shot maker, poor defensive discipline but is a defensive playmaker. He's looking a young Manu Ginobili. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

What you are saying is he doesn't make others better. I don't know if I agree with that especially when he did in the playoffs but for the RS, he is not a refined playmaker, turnover prone, not a seamless fit into a starting 5, excels as a volume shooter and a tough shot maker, poor defensive discipline but is a defensive playmaker. He's looking a young Manu Ginobili. 

No, I'm saying the bolded.

• Thanks 1

I honestly think we would be better to start:

Trae

Bogi

Huerter 

JC

Capela

Off the bench

Wright

Cam

Hunter

Gallo

Dieng till Okongwu is back 

I also think Nate lives with rotations too much. He should do like he did last year and make subs based on who's struggling and who's playing well. This rotation shit is lame and it's not working. Sometimes Trae should play the whole 1st quarter. Sometimes Trae needs to be pulled with 6 mins left in the 1st quarter 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2