• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

44 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

His overall impact gets dragged down by lack of screening and cutting, especially sharing the floor with Trae.  They’re like the polar opposite of Duncan Robinson and Kyle Lowry.  He doesn’t help foster ball movement at all and is showing less than ideal defensive discipline.  He’s a -1 box defender, shouldn’t be any less than +1.  If Baze 3 point fouling ass can hover around +1.5 Cam can be +2.  

As our “best” slasher we need more than 2 And-1s.  Cutting down on the long 2s would probably help too.  I know the position estimates on BRef can get shaky with certain lineups but Nate might wanna play Cam more at the 2 than at the 4.  Just a thought lol.

Yeah Trae not being able to play off ball is why Nate wont Start Cam..He'd just end up standing in the corner...smh

Trae has a long way to go in sharing the backcourt with a shot creator. This is why BB often plays better when Trae isn't in the game. And it's also why Cam doesn't play as well when Trae is in the game imo. Trae is great with the ball, but he doesn't know how to effectively play without the ball, or trust other guards with the ball at the right time..

Edited by terrell

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of this falls on Trae. He's going to have to figure out why this isn't working. He's complaining way too much this year as well.

The refs are in his head. He needs to Rise up and be a man.  Show them it's not going to throw him off his game.  Make them respect you and, guess what, the calls will start to come.  Instead, imo, his actions and attitude make them dislike him...  I think they view him as a showoff when things are rolling and a crybaby when they aren't.  They wouldn't look for weak evidence for a 'hostile act' (last game) if they weren't begging for any chance to make it clear to him they're the boss. 

So get our there and play ball.  Get back on D, play hard, and shut your yap.
Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, terrell said:
The refs are in his head. He needs to Rise up and be a man.  Show them it's not going to throw him off his game.  Make them respect you and, guess what, the calls will start to come.  Instead, imo, his actions and attitude make them dislike him...  I think they view him as a showoff when things are rolling and a crybaby when they aren't.  They wouldn't look for weak evidence for a 'hostile act' (last game) if they weren't begging for any chance to make it clear to him they're the boss. 

So get our there and play ball.  Get back on D, play hard, and shut your yap.

He's mad he's getting fouled for real now but that's just the way the refs are calling it, they aren't giving him the benefit of doubt anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He's mad he's getting fouled for real now but that's just the way the refs are calling it, they aren't giving him the benefit of doubt anymore. 

But the swipe where they smacked him shouldn’t have been a no call.

These refs are celebrating the rule changes a little too much.

Refs need a meeting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

What you are saying is he doesn't make others better. I don't know if I agree with that especially when he did in the playoffs but for the RS: he is not a refined playmaker, turnover prone, not a seamless fit into a starting 5, excels as a volume shooter and a tough shot maker, poor defensive discipline but is a defensive playmaker. He's looking a young Manu Ginobili. 

Pretty good summary for the most part.
I think part of the growing pains of this season is allowing the development of Dre and Cam to come at the cost of winning.  

Last year, like it or not, we won with vets playing with Trae, Collins, and Huerter.  We lost when playing Dre and Cam.  Not sure we can both win consistently and play all the younger guys we want to develop.  It’s a dilemma.

Another theory about what is going wrong.  In addition to refs calling no fouls on Trae, are teams more prepared for our plays?  There’s a lot more tape on us, and a reason to study it.  No one paid attention to us last year, but that has changed.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I think the starting lineup should remain AS IS for more than just 6 games, no need to be so immediately reactionary.....you would like that group to try and work out the kinks together until you at least have more data. 

What I would like to see from Nate though is to be more flexible with the rotations in games, it doesn't need to be all or nothing starters v bench...mix and match them.

This will involve experimentation of the lineups but you know what will happen....we're gonna get a lot of griping about  'what line up is this' - so prepare yourselves.

The first thing that needs fixing first and foremost is the DEFENSE....fix that and the offense becomes easier. I'm seeing too much switching and miscommunication, not enough talking, defense digging too far in the paint leaving shooters WIDE open.

On offense in general - more ball and player movement, and our shooters need to hit their shots: Bogi, Huerter and Gallo - this will open up many more options. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

But the swipe where they smacked him shouldn’t have been a no call.

These refs are celebrating the rule changes a little too much.

Refs need a meeting.

Nah, they're just showing it's an 'unnatural motion' for Trae to score.

Seriously, how many old-guard NBA folks got on the line with their under-the-table officiating contacts after that Knick series?  They were like, "No more-a that, Monty McCutcheon."

What they're doing is ushering in another era of bad basket-football that nearly killed the sport.

I kept telling yall Adam Sliver was gonna be the death of the NBA.  Players getting paid more to play less.  Best believe a lockout is looming.  Skilled basketball being shelved for bully-ball.

• Sad 1

This team is not built properly.

A lot of folks thought the Hawks would be a top 3 team based on mostly the playoff run.

The most positive thing that has carried over is Cam's development.

I'm reluctant to praise anyone. Many folks take my approach as being "offensive" if they like a particular player or whomever.

But, I believe Cam will at least be the number 2 guy in a couple of years. It could become a Trae vs. Cam "which way should the team go" kind of thing.

If Trae is going to need the ball in his hands almost exclusively it will become a problem.

Trae is not MJ... He is not LeBron... He is not Kobe. If you're not on that level, you shouldn't control the ball as much as Trae does.

I mean, it was understandable during Trae's first couple of years because the team wasn't very talented.

I think this kind of thing happens where a player like Trae gets drafted, has to carry a team his first few years during some rough seasons, but can that player make changes once this no longer becomes the case?

Tree's focus should be becoming and more effecient shooter and playing off the ball.

He has to modify his game some. The emergence of Cam and Hunter make it a must.

There are questions that need to be answered. .Despite The playoff run, this team still doesn't have a real identity yet 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Tree's focus should be becoming and more effecient shooter and playing off the ball.

I disagree. His focus should have been ending Dan E. strange when he had the chance.

:party:

Tree 🌲 Rollinnnnnnnsssss was the man.

Oh, btw I’m glad you brought up Tree 🌲. If a guy like Thybulle got a couple of those blocks and was feelin himself, Tree would put him on his butt. 

Gorgui, that’s your cue bud..

I’m not saying be dirty, just get accustomed to the “new rules”..

Thats the game the league wants to play right? 

@kg01 Indeed a dangerous game by Adam Silver, and I thought I hated Stern when he was around. This ventriloquist puppet is dangerous and dorky.

ps Adam Silver should be Pee Wee Herman for Halloween 🎃 No costume needed. :dance: @hazer is seething 😡 while reading this because he knows the league is a bunch of yes man bi… I digress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ANOTHER SUBJECT:

When this team had a terrible start to the season last year, who got almost all the blame?  Lloyd Pierce, as head coach, caught most of the flack.  Even more so after he was dismissed and the team began it's rise.

Lloyd Pierce is no longer around to take all the blame.  Yet, if we are to believe our lying eyes, we aren't a lot different than we were to begin last season.  Who do we play next?  And, what did they do to us the last time we met?  Yep.  Like the 76ers last night, they got revenge on the lowly Hawks.

Are we truly this horrible?  Time will tell.

🕵️‍♂️

• Like 3

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

You must be watching different games. Trae has been off the ball much more and we are going to one on one match ups which leads to a bunch of standing around.

If this is Nates offense, he needs to go back to what he did with Pierce's offense.

The terrible offense is leading to the drop in defense.

I see the SAME Trae Young dominating the ball when he has it in his hands.  He stands there and pounds the ball, does a trick dribble and steps back and takes a wild three.  If the trick dribble works, he goes into the lane and attempts a layup with three defenders on him while Hunter is waving frantically in the corner for the pass.   Nothing has changed.  Trae is who he is.  As long has he is hot, its no problem.  When he goes cold OR the defense keys on him, PROBLEM.

Nate HAS to take him off the ball at times AND run iso plays to get others involved.   I've seen Hunter and Collins score when Nate posts them at the elbow and slightly below the elbow.   Bogi and Hunter will never get a rhythm in this offense.  The ball has to move around the perimeter and feature kick outs.  Bogi is a catch and shoot scorer.  You can't make him consistently put it on the floor.  Hunter has a complete offensive game.  Cam is florishing because when he plays with the second unit, he can get in a rhythm with the backup point guard.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2