• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

also an atlanta thing, teams do well one year and we sign every gotdamnbody like we already won something, this shit been going on for 40 years, lots of franchises do this and its rarely a good idea

Yeah that was stupid of Travis.. Why rush it? They all think theyre better than they really are imo...

Edited by terrell

What I said about 6 foot volume shooting, ball dominant PGs is the 100% truth

Never in the history of the NBA has a team lead by one ever won a title and I guarantee you that one never will. 

Plz for the love of Gawd Cam plz emerge as the superstar. You are the key!!!

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

What I said about 6 foot volume shooting PGs is the 100% truth

Never in the history of the NBA has a team lead by one ever won a title and I guarantee you that one never will. 

Plz for the love of Gawd Cam plz emerge as the superstar

If he emerges as our best player, how does he fit with a ball dominant pg who cant play off ball well at all? Cam needs the ball too...Not just stand in the corner waiting on Trae to pass..Trae is like a mini Harden..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

This team is not built properly.

A lot of folks thought the Hawks would be a top 3 team based on mostly the playoff run.

The most positive thing that has carried over is Cam's development.

I'm reluctant to praise anyone. Many folks take my approach as being "offensive" if they like a particular player or whomever.

But, I believe Cam will at least be the number 2 guy in a couple of years. It could become a Trae vs. Cam "which way should the team go" kind of thing.

If Trae is going to need the ball in his hands almost exclusively it will become a problem.

Trae is not MJ... He is not LeBron... He is not Kobe. If you're not on that level, you shouldn't control the ball as much as Trae does.

I mean, it was understandable during Trae's first couple of years because the team wasn't very talented.

I think this kind of thing happens where a player like Trae gets drafted, has to carry a team his first few years during some rough seasons, but can that player make changes once this no longer becomes the case?

Tree's focus should be becoming and more effecient shooter and playing off the ball.

He has to modify his game some. The emergence of Cam and Hunter make it a must.

There are questions that need to be answered. .Despite The playoff run, this team still doesn't have a real identity yet 

Great Post!!!

Especially the bolded

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

If he emerges as our best player, how does he fit with a ball dominant pg who cant play off ball well at all? Cam needs the ball too...Not just stand in the corner waiting on Trae to pass..

That's the major problem we have smh. I'm afraid that Trae's ego won't let him defer to anyone and we may have a KG and Westbrook situation coming up and we see how that worked out. Now thankfully Trae isn't self destructive like Russ is but Trae is still ball dominant and that could really drive players out of Atlanta.

I don't know how the Hawks are gonna do it but something needs to be done if this team wants to win a title

Just now, Bonkers said:

That's the major problem we have smh. I'm afraid that Trae's ego won't let him defer to anyone and we may have a KG and Westbrook situation coming up and we see how that worked out. Now thankfully Trae isn't self destructive like Russ is but Trae is still ball dominant and that could really drive players out of Atlanta.

I don't know how the Hawks are gonna do it but something needs to be done if this team wants to win a title

Traed him to OKC for a gazillion picks...lol.....I've always said he's more flash than substance and I always get killed for it.. My wife gets mad because she says he's "exciting".... But I dont care..I stand by what I said...lol.....If we win a title with Trae as our best player, I'll gladly eat crow....But I dont see it.. Especially with the new rules.. He'll be an assist leader every year though, if that means anything when the ball is always in your hands...

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I went looking back at the playoffs game threads when we knocked out the Knicks and Sixers............Fickle, fickle....

Yes, the ENTIRE team is struggling after 6 games, but this vitriol is garbage.

Nah I've never been as high on Trae as others have Dating back to College.....I support all of our players though..But Im going to call it like I see it regardless..

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

What I said about 6 foot volume shooting, ball dominant PGs is the 100% truth

Plz for the love of Gawd Cam plz emerge as the superstar. You are the key!!!

You’ve been calling him a role player for years and only somewhat recanted that after he killed it in the playoffs.  Now the team struggles a few games and he is right back in the dog house for you.  Color me unsurprised.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

You’ve been calling him a role player for years and only somewhat recanted that after he killed it in the playoffs.  Now the team struggles a few games and he is right back in the dog house for you.  Color me unsurprised.

I've never called Trae Young role player once. You have confused with another poster buddy

I'd like for anyone to bring up a post of me saying that he is. That would be interesting

Edited by Bonkers

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Benhillboy was the one.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I've never called Trae Young role player once. You have confused with another poster buddy

I'd like for anyone to bring up a post of me saying that he is. That would be interesting

I must be mistaking you for somebody else then.  Apologies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I must be mistaking you for somebody else then.  Apologies.

No problem

I don't think Trae needs to neuter his game or anything but his play style has to evolve into something else

Ball Dominant, Volume Shooting PGs leading your team NEVER equals Titles

Edited by Bonkers

Trae like Reggie Miller is an insane half court player but the NBA RS is an open court game. He needs to figure out how to do well within this. For the playoffs, I know I can count on him to be a monster like Reggie. In the playoffs, he's like a super Iverson/Nash hybrid with Curry range. In the RS, he's sometimes Marbury, sometimes Iverson with playmaking skills. 

Edited by NBASupes

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I went looking back at the playoffs game threads when we knocked out the Knicks and Sixers............Fickle, fickle....

Yes, the ENTIRE team is struggling after 6 games, but this vitriol is garbage.

Just like typical BSPNers, some folks have these complaint-posts pre-written. Just waited for any signs of struggle.

The 'tell' is the absence during good times.

• Thanks 4