• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

For anyone interested, Bawb's ca-caw on Reddish's free throw made NBARadio this morning.

YES! That’s awesome! Initially I had no idea where it came from.. 🤔 

The night Bawb morphed into a hawk. :laugh1: One for the ages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

If Nate McMillan tries using John like this out of the pick and roll more.... lookout. 👀

The editing of this annoys me lol have to get 3 minutes in before dray creates anything other than an easy oop.  But you're right, and JC has been showing a little of this will some easy feeds to capela.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
14 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Why did they change the basketball?

Same reason they change the unis every other month, somebody thinks they can make a fast buck off the "new" stuff on the market. Just slap the Jerry West logo on it and away we go.

~lw3

• Like 3

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Sothron said:

Great game tonight. Defense got a little sloppy in the second quarter. Love seeing Bogi and Gallo have games like tonight. It bothers me profoundly that we have fans on this board that literally only show up to attack whatever the target player(s) are on a yearly basis. Even when target player(s) have good games it is dismissed as a hot streak or some other excuse. 

Can we please have a season where we don't do this? Is this too much to ask? I hate AgendaSquawk with a passion.

No.

I agree about "AgendaSquawk". It makes game threads/chats unbearable at times. If the Hawks hit a shooting slump or the opposing team makes a run, it gets really negative in a hurry. Then posters go to their whipping boy of choice and post about him/them for the rest of the game. It's getting old.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Same reason they change the unis every other month, somebody thinks they can make a fast buck off the "new" stuff on the market. Just slap the Jerry West logo on it and away we go.

~lw3

Wilson had a better deal than Spalding. Personally I think it was a huge mistake. Spalding had been the basketball suppliers for like fifty years or something. The players are all complaining about the new Wilson ball.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, Sothron said:

Wilson had a better deal than Spalding. Personally I think it was a huge mistake. Spalding had been the basketball suppliers for like fifty years or something. The players are all complaining about the new Wilson ball.

Are they?   I thought one of the reasons they changed was Wilson was considered better but i know nothing about it.   Of course any change is going to have some kind of adjustment period. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Are they?   I thought one of the reasons they changed was Wilson was considered better but i know nothing about it.   Of course any change is going to have some kind of adjustment period. 

No, they only changed because Wilson offered a better deal than Spalding. It is always the money. There's been articles about how the players hate the new Wilson ball.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

No, they only changed because Wilson offered a better deal than Spalding. It is always the money. There's been articles about how the players hate the new Wilson ball.

Trae was a Wilson tester and not a lot of players are complaining about it. It is just getting back into rhythm and more physicality being allowed.